Not a Bad Season

gjv001

After the bad preseason, many were expecting 5 or less wins.

I think most of us would agree that the following happened:

After the first two wins, there was an expectation shift.

Two losses, back to reality.

New quarterback, new raised expectations.

New QB wins 3 of 4 games in dramatic fashion - even higher expectations.

At 0-0 if I was told the Bills would end up 8-8 with an upset over the Packers but miss the playoffs, I would be OK with that seeing it as a step forward.

But headed into the bye we were 5 - 3. The definition of what would be a good season had shifted considerably... With very winnable games on the schedule and being the #6 AFC team at the time, Playoffs were the expectation... and we failed to meet that expectation.

IMO, I see an improved record, but a team that under performed and failed to deliver when it mattered the most.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if one presents his point like a jackass.

That said, the OP did NOT present his points like a jackass.

I'm extremely disappointed in this season because - as CB stated - a SB defense was wasted.

The defense and special teams were great this season. That's a good thing. This team truly was a QB away from not only playoffs, but winning playoff games, in my opinion.

So yes ... there were some good takeaways. However, I wonder how long this D will be dominant. Just because the almighty Kiko will be healthy next year, that might not be enough. Schwartz coming back in the same capacity is important, as is locking players in for a few years.

Most years, this exact team is a playoff team; even with Orton and/or EJ.

I am not sold on Marrone as a HC. I think the team lacked discipline, focus and execution. I blame Marrone FAR more than I blame Hackett.

If Whaley can get a FA who is better than Orton to come in here and compete with EJ, then I'll feel pretty good about next year. But that's a long ways away.

Go Bills!

You obviously did not read all the Jack ass responses to his post

Considering 10-6 but no playoffs was being called a failure by people, what's the difference?

You also must not watch many other games because no team in the NFL but for the Pats is without flaws. If you are waiting for a perfect season to be satisfied you have a long wait.

We are going to win one more game than Jauron used to win with a much more talented roster. We wasted seeing if EJ could grow as a qb and benched him at 2-2. We replaced him with a qb no ever wants for long and went .500. Our offense is a joke and players are getting worse. Our coach has the balls of a hen.

When does the parade start to celebrate this historic season? :)

We are going to win one more game than Jauron used to win with a much more talented roster. We wasted seeing if EJ could grow as a qb and benched him at 2-2. We replaced him with a qb no ever wants for long and went .500. Our offense is a joke and players are getting worse. Our coach has the balls of a hen.

When does the parade start to celebrate this historic season? :)

You can't complain about wasting a good defense with a bad offense and complain about wasting a year not playing an inferior QB to "develop" him. That's hypocrisy.

You can't complain about wasting a good defense with a bad offense and complain about wasting a year not playing an inferior QB to "develop" him. That's hypocrisy.

There is nothing superior about Orton. Only to pudgy, goofy, unathletic guys like yourself.

Orton sucked 75% of the time.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

There is nothing superior about Orton. Only to pudgy, goofy, unathletic guys like yourself.

Orton sucked 75% of the time.

Clearly, there was. The WR's wanted Orton, the coaches wanted Orton. To say he's not an improvement at the position is to say everyone but you is wrong.

Goofy, pudgy Orton, was superior to EJ. Sadly.

Agree about the season though. It was not bad. It was typical Bills in missing the playoffs and losing an important game to a 2 win joke-team...but it was still (somehow) an improvement on every season for the past 10 years.

Edited by MoreOffense

Just imagine what our record would be if we didnt have a SB caliber defense

Imagine what our record would be if nearly half the team (special teams is not 1/3 of the game) wasn't good (like it is)? Why would I do that?

Edited by MoreOffense