Who's going to Oakland?

NextYearGuys

The Coliseum is not a nice place to watch the out of town team, especially wearing Bills jerseys. I know folks who work for the concession companies & hear awful stories of the visiting fans having an awful time there.

Me, I'm hoping t's a sell out & I can watch it on tv. Remember, the Raiderz have tarped off the highest upper deck to make it easier to show the "sell out".

The Coliseum is not a nice place to watch the out of town team, especially wearing Bills jerseys. I know folks who work for the concession companies & hear awful stories of the visiting fans having an awful time there.

Me, I'm hoping t's a sell out & I can watch it on tv. Remember, the Raiderz have tarped off the highest upper deck to make it easier to show the "sell out".

Pittsburg isn't hospitable either. My son had problems down there when he was in grad school there. As a season ticket holder at the Ralph, I always try to go out of my way to be nice to the visiting fans. Had two Green Bay fans next to me last weekend (who were from NF Ontario btw), and had good conversation with them. Buffalo is the city of good neighbors and we should act that way!!!

Barring some stuff coming up at work, I'll be there visiting my Bay Area in-laws, who happen to be Raiders fans, This will be my 3rd Raiders-Bills game there and never had a problem wearing Bills gear the first two times. Of course, we got pounded both of those games, which may have helped keep the locals in good spirits, so I'm kind of hoping they're not so nice this time, Will be tailgating in my bro-in-law's new RV, but may try to find the Bills tailgate, too.....

Already here with my family visiting some extended family & enjoying the Bay Area. Got 6 tix from MarkVader for us & a couple of other Bay Area family for the Bills tailgate and game. Looking forward to making Bills fans from the two Bay Area family joining us.

You sir are deadly correct on your observation. All NFL home stadiums have issues with fans. Some Are way better than others. Sadly, I have seen Bills fan at times rank up their with the worst. But not even remotely Oakland bad. That Chit hole is easily the worst in the league.

Wearing Bills gear can be dangerous to ones health no matter what the fans age is. We have been to every Bills/Raiders game at the coliseum for a long time. expect trouble with legions of drunken goons Especially outside in the lots if you decide to tailgatemwith Bills gear. You risk serious and violent threats out there. Wearing Bills jerseys should be worn in the 31 more civilized stadiums. Unless conflict is something one likes. The atmosphere is horrid but seeing the Bills on the road sometimes requires sacrifice. In Oakland especially.

I'm local. Due to the stadium situation this could possibly be the last Raiders game ever at the coliseum. I choose not to subject myself to that environment since there's really no telling what could happen. I've gone every year The Bills are in town be it Raiders or 49ers and there's always drama, luckily I've never been directly involved, i'm getting too old for that crap anymore.

Edited by NorCalBillsSabres

The game is a sellout so I'm going to pass on the long drive from the Sacramento area and the crazy Raiders fans and watch from the comfort of my man cave

Just bought my tickets! I lived in San Diego for 20 years and went to every Bills game. Recently move to San Jose. Was always harassed to no end in San Diego.. Thought the Charger fans were pretty awful. Even at the Raiders Chargers games the Charger fans seemed worse than the Raider fans.. Guess I'll find out Sunday. Not planning on wearing Bills gear though. Going with my wife and don't need the headaches.

I'll be there. My 16-year-old daughter will be with me, so we'll be wearing neutral colors, mainly to spare her the venomous abuse we'd likely get if we wore our Bills gear. I'll be at the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench!

Truth be told, though, I bought these tickets last month because I figured the game would be blacked out here in the Bay Area. Now that it's a sellout and will be on TV, I have mixed feelings about going. Been to several Bills games there and it's definitely the least enjoyable place to see professional sports when rooting for the opposing team.

Hope to see some of you guys there...

I couldnt go and not be myself. Not get loud and crazy when the bills are doing good.

To shy down a little, Id rather not even go.

I go to all the san diego/bills games.

You know those crazy dancers that dont sit down at all almost the entire concert, that's in my blood.

I have been to many many many concerts and I see some people just sit down and barely even clap for the event. Like why are they even there....

Anyway carry on. I want to go, but not if I have to tone down. I've seen bills games in Arizona, Miami, San diego. I could get wild there, no problem.

I'll be there. My 16-year-old daughter will be with me, so we'll be wearing neutral colors, mainly to spare her the venomous abuse we'd likely get if we wore our Bills gear. I'll be at the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench!

Truth be told, though, I bought these tickets last month because I figured the game would be blacked out here in the Bay Area. Now that it's a sellout and will be on TV, I have mixed feelings about going. Been to several Bills games there and it's definitely the least enjoyable place to see professional sports when rooting for the opposing team.

Hope to see some of you guys there...

I'll be in section 141 pretty close to the 50 yard line behind the Bills bench. :)

I couldnt go and not be myself. Not get loud and crazy when the bills are doing good.

To shy down a little, Id rather not even go.

I go to all the san diego/bills games.

You know those crazy dancers that dont sit down at all almost the entire concert, that's in my blood.

I have been to many many many concerts and I see some people just sit down and barely even clap for the event. Like why are they even there....

Anyway carry on. I want to go, but not if I have to tone down. I've seen bills games in Arizona, Miami, San diego. I could get wild there, no problem.

I agree. If I were to go I would be decked out in bills gear and going nuts like it was at the ralph. 5 of us went to the bills jets game in jersey. We went crazy the whole time. We had bills fans from other sections moving to ours because of us. Jets fans were coming up and shaking our hands because they couldn't believe we had the balls to do what we did. We took a lot of **** as we should have. We weren't vulgar or rude we just cheered on our team. We played the shout song on repeat for an hour and a half in the parking lot.

That's in Berkeley. Plenty of good food in Oakland.

Game will be on local tv as it's a "sell out", with the upper level tarped off.

Not true Oakland has had riots and is "tense" in some areas..I support the non violent protest and am sickened by the way the police act but as a white dude I would not be walking around Oakland or the Colosseum decked out like a Buffalo Bill's christmas tree.

What is the local trademark food for this area?

If you are a fan of delicious hoagies, there's a sandwich shop in San Francisco called Ike's. In my opinion, these are the best subs money can buy. To this date I've never had one better. Unfortunately they don't have one in Oakland, but if you're willing to venture over the bridge, I promise you won't be disappointed.

There is an Ike's in Oakland, 2204 Broadway. It's in the downtown area

OMG that's wonderful news! I live in Atlanta, but San Francisco is by far my favorite city to visit. I haven't been since March of last year, but every time I go to the bay, I absolutely cannot leave without getting me a delicious sub from Ike's!

this seems mildly racist

:lol: Not to mention geographically unsound.

To be fair the Raiders were originally going to be called the Oakland Senors.

Anyone know which lot/gate the Kenny tailgate contingent will be in?

Kenny will be with me. We are meeting at the dmv at 8am. It's right down the street from the Coliseum.

Once we get everybody there we will be driving to the stadium parking lot.

Unfortunately, I don't know where exactly we will be in the parking lot.

If anybody wants to tailgate with us, here is the info.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/173969-bills-at-oakland-tailgate/

You'll be safe in numbers, as we are going to have lots of Bills fans there.

Had a great time at the game (other than the Bills' product on the field), with nary a problem with Raiders fans even though my family and I were decked out in Bills gear. It may admittedly help that my kids are little and cute as buttons, but even so, we tailgated in the RV lot and had a great time talking to Raider fans of all stripes. My kids got lots of pics with "scary costume/Black Hole" guys. This is my third Bills game there and it's been the same each time, so must admit I don't see what the big deal is about, absent a tad of racism like some of that displayed above in the comment about being afraid of "Mexico's team".

Personally, after having been lucky enough to have seen games in more than half of the NFL, if you don't act like an !@#$ you usually don't have problems at opposing stadiums. Just my experience.....

Edited by MattM