Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can literally make up the entire amount without touching brees contract or cutting a single player by turning roster bonuses into signing bonus

With the cap rumored to skyrocket next year I think they are well within their plan still

• 2 weeks later...

The Saints are in cap hell since they are $20M+ over the cap. They will have to release a number of veteran players to just get under the cap and sign their 2015 draft picks. With that in mind, they could be looking to dump their 35 yr old starting QB and start anew.

This is where the Bills' QB search should start and hopefully end. With Brees running the show in Buffalo the Bills will make the playoffs and even have a better than average shot at the SB.

IMHO, Brees even offers better value at this point in his career than P. Manning, who appears to be fragile and on his last legs, but certainly still very talented.

Brees probably still has a good three years in him. Sign or trade for him and develop Manuel in the meantime.

Your thoughts??

Why?? Brees is a top 5 QB in the league still to this day. He is the difference-maker that the Bills need.

Give me reasons why he wouldn't be what I said he would be and then let's discuss.

The Saints are going to have to seriously think about letting him go this year, one way or the other.

Why?? Brees is a top 5 QB in the league still to this day. He is the difference-maker that the Bills need.

Give me reasons why he wouldn't be what I said he would be and then let's discuss.

The Saints are going to have to seriously think about letting him go this year, one way or the other.

No the Saints would never think of letting Brees go... That is what I am laughing at. I didn't bother to read anything else.

The QB is the hardest position to find in the NFL and you come here thinking a team would let that one position go b.c of money... They would release 52 other players before they release Brees.

If they had the #1 pick and Andrew Luck was sitting there then I would say yes... They don't...

Its a discussion forum. The post is generating a discussion. Rather than tear the guy down, why not discuss it a bit. Its the offseason, what else is there if not discussing scenarios such as this.

Well you can actually discuss scenarios... This isn't a scenario, this will just not happen.

Its not unreasonable to talk about this........there are sharks in the water around the Saints and we should be one of them

You can go down a list of their entire roster and Brees would be the very last person they'd let go.

Its a discussion forum. The post is generating a discussion. Rather than tear the guy down, why not discuss it a bit. Its the offseason, what else is there if not discussing scenarios such as this.

It's not generating a discussion. Practically all the posts are "tearing him down" because there's nothing here to discuss.

Because it's been discussed over and over and over. Enough already.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174332-closedtrade-for-brees/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/174222-would-you-trade-our-2016-1st-rd-pick-for-drew-brees/

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/173735-drew-brees-anyone/

Its not unreasonable to talk about this........there are sharks in the water around the Saints and we should be one of them

It is incredibly unreasonable. All the Saints have to do is extend his contract and spread out money. Next year if they struggle again is the year they part with Brees. They still believe they can win another Super Bowl.

It is incredibly unreasonable. All the Saints have to do is extend his contract and spread out money. Next year if they struggle again is the year they part with Brees. They still believe they can win another Super Bowl.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes with this team........

Its not an ordinary situation

Sure....its unlikely.....