Would you trade our 2016 1st rd pick for Drew Brees?

Tipster19

Why?? Brees is a top 5 QB in the league still to this day. He is the difference-maker that the Bills need.

Give me reasons why he wouldn't be what I said he would be and then let's discuss.

The Saints are going to have to seriously think about letting him go this year, one way or the other.

He would be what you said.....except the part about us being able to trade for him. He's not going anywhere IMO

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. Way too many haters here. Such a shame.

FYI if Brees is avail via trade/free agency, you sign him immediately.

It's not "hate". There are 3 other threads devoted solely to this topic. It's an idea that absolutely didn't need to be brought up a second time, let alone a 4th.

tbh, i hadnt even seen those old discussions. the op shouldve used the search function, but giving new life to an old thread was valuable

It really wasn't valuable. The Saints won't get rid of Brees. Makes zero sense.

But they have cap problems.....

It's unreal that ANYONE thinks the solution to a cap situation is to release the greatest player in franchise history coming off of a 5,000 yard season. Think about how ridiculous that is.

But they have cap problems.....

It's unreal that ANYONE thinks the solution to a cap situation is to release the greatest player in franchise history coming off of a 5,000 yard season. Think about how ridiculous that is.

So, you mention they have cap problems. This is the third or fourth thread on this so there must be something to it. Think they'll cut him?

So, you mention they have cap problems. This is the third or fourth thread on this so there must be something to it. Think they'll cut him?

Isn't it crazy? Sometimes Augie I wonder what is going on in people's heads. Maybe the Colts will release Andrew Luck because there are some question marks on their roster?

Isn't it crazy? Sometimes Augie I wonder what is going on in people's heads. Maybe the Colts will release Andrew Luck because there are some question marks on their roster?

I'd sign him despite the throat beard. But only if we could get him for a fifth rounder or lower. He looks like the uni-bomber and that's not a good loook for the face (and neck) of the franchise. OK, throw in the long snapper if need be.

People may be crazy... but they mean well. Mostly.

Edited by Augie

Q: How do the Saints get under the cap when they are more than $20M over?? They're not going to extend his contract to keep paying him $15M+ when he's 35 yrs old.

A: A few different ways. But whatever they do it's going to significantly weaken they're roster. Do they then pay Brees $15M+ per season with an even weaker roster than last year's team that was lucky to win 6 game??

They're choice will be:

1. Keep Brees at $15M+ and cut 5-6 significant players (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because they might have Brees, but then they would be too weak at other positions to compete for a playoff spot).

2. Trade or release Brees plus cut 1-2 others. This might sense to them if they can get something for Brees while also ridding themselves of his huge salary.

Cap hell is, well, hell.

Q: How do the Saints get under the cap when they are more than $20M over?? They're not going to extend his contract to keep paying him $15M+ when he's 35 yrs old.

A: A few different ways. But whatever they do it's going to significantly weaken they're roster. Do they then pay Brees $15M+ per season with an even weaker roster than last year's team that was lucky to win 6 game??

They're choice will be:

1. Keep Brees at $15M+ and cut 5-6 significant players (which doesn't make a whole lot of sense because they might have Brees, but then they would be too weak at other positions to compete for a playoff spot).

2. Trade or release Brees plus cut 1-2 others. This might sense to them if they can get something for Brees while also ridding themselves of his huge salary.

Cap hell is, well, hell.

http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/free-agency-simulator-337063/index2.html#.VOAkZaD0DqA

You look there and you see Saints fans saying how easy it is for them to get under the cap and sign guys.

They're choice will be:

Cap hell is, well, hell.

They can do it with zero cuts and have dollars to spend.

The Saints are in cap hell since they are $20M+ over the cap. They will have to release a number of veteran players to just get under the cap and sign their 2015 draft picks. With that in mind, they could be looking to dump their 35 yr old starting QB and start anew.

This is where the Bills' QB search should start and hopefully end. With Brees running the show in Buffalo the Bills will make the playoffs and even have a better than average shot at the SB.

IMHO, Brees even offers better value at this point in his career than P. Manning, who appears to be fragile and on his last legs, but certainly still very talented.

Brees probably still has a good three years in him.

Your thoughts??

sure but doubt it

It would be like if Kelly Cuoco left The Big Bang Theory. Who would watch the show?

Sheldon makes that show go

I don't know what is more bizarre. That people watch that show or that people find her attractive. Shes a mess now

kaley-cuoco-at-longines-los-angeles-mast

not her best look,

my wife watches that show every day so I see plenty of it and got to admit it's pretty funny and have become somewhat attached to the characters. All I know is Amy and Sheldon better have "coitus" before the series ends or there will be a real big bang coming from the fans.