The Possibly Intriguing QB Trade Market

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've stopped buying into the 'we need to wait 2 or 3 seasons' approach. We need to focus on the goal of winning in 2015 with a capable veteran (assuming that we agree that's not Orton) and also keep an eye on the future by trying to develop EJ or some other QB's via the draft. Hell, even look at the CFL. I'm wondering if the best QB in the Canadian league is better than what we have now?

I agree with you to a degree. I want to get a better QB if one is available BUT ONLY if it's not going to come at a very heavy price like #1 or #2 draft picks in 2016 or players like Kiko or Robert Woods. How are we going to trade 2015 draft picks when we don't have very man?

I would like to see us go heavy after the FA Guards. Get the top 1 or 2 if you can. Not sure whose there but I believer Bulaga is. Plug them in. Any QB will NEED this to be successful next year. If we could shore up the Oline so we have decent pass protection and run blocking we may be able to roll with Kyle and EJ.

I place a higher priority on doing something about the Oline than QB at this point.

If we re-sign Spikes he would be out Mike, Preston Brown would play Will, and did you forget about Kiko playing the Sam? Nigel is gonna be a backup next year

Sooooo bradham, brown and various others already splitting time over Spikes means Spikes is atop Bradham next year?

Nope.

Sign the top Guard or 2 in FA.

iupiuioiioiuouuoiiuppppooooooo from SF. He will not earn his keep and flies in the face of the MO wrt OL fa's.

We will sign another Chris Williams type. Remember Williams is on IR, too. Bringing in two OG's might be a bit of an exaggeration.

I'm all for best interrior OL in the draft. If that means OC and moving Wood to OG then hell yeah I'm down

I agree, and Cutler might be more of a gunslinger. But he also has a tendency to turn the ball over more then he should, and that makes him less attractive.None of those QB's would play well behind the current Bills O line, and for the current coaching staff.

RG3 has the "yips'', Kaep can't throw downfield, and he has TE Vernon Davis, WR's Anquan Bolden, Brandon Lloyd, Michael Crabtree, Stevie Johnson. Kaepernick with a genuine QB guru in Jim Harbaugh coaching him, and he still sucks. there is no hope, save perhaps Chip Kelly.

I'll tell ya what, a new offensive coaching staff intelligent enough to change the current OG's, and build a better run game. Then Orton or EJ might do better then all those mentioned. JMO. Fitz isn't better then Orton or EJ, he just has a solid run game to lean on in Houston.

cutler or any qb who turns over the ball would do badly here. With a top D you do not want a QB who puts the unit back on the field. You want, at the very least, a game manager who can hold the ball. If the defense holds game managing QB's succeed. Even Fitz would succeed in this lineup. However , he would have INt's likeanyone else would when he is forced to throw it late tto try to score. Most of his INT's were in the end of the game when down by +10 and chances of winning were remote.

Cutlers teams get beat by 20 points. Not because his D can't hold but because his offense can't score.

Would not trade for any of the quarterbacks listed. Really, how much better are the QB's listed than what is on the roster already minus what you would loose in a trade. The best option is to hope someone like Bradford gets cut and grab him. Also cross your fingers that EJ can develop. If the Bills draft some run blocking guards and a stud running back it will do a lot more than wasting time on leftover QB's.

I agree 100%

Yawn. None interest me. None of the FA's coming out interest me. Mariotta or Winston are not all that impressive, either.

Just out of curiosity what doesn't impress you about Mariota or Winston? Is it Mariiota college career stats that show he has thrown for 101 TD passes to 12 ints or is it Winston's 27-0 record in college as a starter. How much better do want these guys to perform?

Just out of curiosity what doesn't impress you about Mariota or Winston? Is it Mariiota college career stats that show he has thrown for 101 TD passes to 12 ints or is it Winston's 27-0 record in college as a starter. How much better do want these guys to perform?

Winston doesn't strike me as the type of man who can lead other grown men. He does not seem like someone who will seek the independence needed nor have the ability to lead with composure or intent. His natural abilities and his athletic prowess have no doubt made him among the best QB's in the NCAA in the last decade. Which is relative. His successors have mostly busted out. From RGIII and Sanchez to Clausin and Young. Winston does not inspire me to believe he is capable of reaching the next level in his performance abilities.

Marriota is a phenomenal talent this year in college ball. Playing smart football in a system that is designed for him. His former coach is employing that same MO in the NFL and having limited success with the QB's he is dressing. Kelly will end up starting Barkley at QB next year, I believe, fwiw. But, Marriota will not be given the time he will need to catch up and would benefit much like Aaron Rodgers or Philip Rivers had both done. Marriota will likely end up in NY where a team will be starved at QB and have a good OL in front of him but it will take a forward thinking coach to get the most out of him. His college play is not going to translate to the pro game very effectively because teams will not know how to use his high powered fun and gun, shoot it down the field, spread it all out style. It will take 2 or 3 years for him to adjust to the speed of the game, as well.

If Eli were available, I'd say go for it. Nobody in that articale interests me tho. Kap has been good, so has Foles but I wonder why they failed so bad this year. And that is a big question if your going to invest in them.

Eli always has had ups and downs and the team surounding him is very average, we too (like the gints) would have to really fix the oline though. I know he still has it in him to put it together. If TC is gone this year, he may go on the market.

Not likely but….THIS

Eli can find and hit open receivers ….has a big arm for the long ball and has great pocket awareness.

If you're the GMen, you have to keep him.

Call me crazy but I still like RGIII and Nick Foles. But if we do go after either one we better upgrade the o-line.

OK you are officially crazy.

i'd take cutler for sure. Hire a real oc and let him sling it. our defense can stop the other teams and he will put up crazy numbers with sammy. i mean he's on pace for 32 tds and 18 pics...we win a lot of games with those numbers.

Have you forgotten week 1. Turn on ESPN and you'll hear the drama and buyers remorse that's going on in Chicago. He's a poor mans Jeff George.

Why not a better O line in front of EJ and give the kid .5 seconds more to make a decision? Or blocking so that he can run (under a new OC, hopefully). Or blocking for whomever we have in the backfield? Any of these can help us to move the sticks, extend drives, and punch it in for 6.

If it were that easy everyone would be doing it.

Half the battle is finding a guy to develop. Check... then you have to get him to buy into riding pine and being a sponge... the hardest part... check. All we need is a coaching staff that is really good at development. I know it sounds ignorant but was Marrone there for Nassibs whole career? I say that because I want to know who developed him. Is he great? No but I just wonder the developmental acumen of this offensive staff.

Agreed but we are in much better shape from a talent standpoint than we were from 2 years ago.

And when you look back at Cuse offenses under Marrone, they aren't very impressive.

Fitz didn't want to be here. In a perfect world, we keep Fitz and develop EJ behind him. Fitz is limited but he's not a kitty cat like Orton. I miss him. :(

Who told you Fitz didnt wanna be here? Its my understanding that he wanted a guarantee that he would get an honest chance at starting. Marrone told him that he was going to mentor and backup EJ. With that he was gone

Spikes won't be back, and even if he were, Nigel wouldn't be a backup. Nigel has been the best LB on the field this season for the Bills -- not to disrespect Brown or Spikes, they've both been great.

That's just how well Nigel's played. He's young and still hasn't hit his ceiling. No way you trade a talent like that, let alone put him on the pine.

100!!! Bradham on the bench lol. Whatever!!!!

If Eli were available, I'd say go for it. Nobody in that articale interests me tho. Kap has been good, so has Foles but I wonder why they failed so bad this year. And that is a big question if your going to invest in them.

Eli always has had ups and downs and the team surounding him is very average, we too (like the gints) would have to really fix the oline though. I know he still has it in him to put it together. If TC is gone this year, he may go on the market.

If Eli didnt want to go to San Diego partly because he wanted to be in a major market why would he ever come here? I dont get the logic.