The Possibly Intriguing QB Trade Market

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could get Cutler with a 6th round pick but then you take on the contract too. He is a cancer but he is way better than anything we have here. He and this defense make the playoffs no doubt.

I doubt.

He might make the playoffs, but he will never win the big one.

I realize plenty of people just want to make the playoffs, but to me that is just marking time. May as well just keep Orton as the starter then, he has just as good of a shot to make the playoffs, really.

I want to see a QB that is top shelf.

Keep developing EJM, and draft more QB's. The chance of a really good QB hitting the market is pretty much nil (and none of these guys are really good).

You could get Cutler with a 6th round pick but then you take on the contract too. He is a cancer but he is way better than anything we have here. He and this defense make the playoffs no doubt.

The question is whether he's a bigger cancer than Jeff George. Very similar cancers. George made the playoffs with the Vikings after defenses figured out Cunningham

Honestly, I don't seen anybody on that list that is so much better than what we already have. Cutler is the only one I think is clearly better than Orton and/or Manuel, if he is in the right situation. And his cost his way too high.

The other guys? Sure, some of them are intriguing, but not at what they would cost.

no you couldnt, trading someone for a 6th round pick is basically dumping them and with as many QB needy teams as there are the Bears certainly are not in a position where they need to dump him just to get rid of him

I doubt.

He might make the playoffs, but he will never win the big one.

I realize plenty of people just want to make the playoffs, but to me that is just marking time. May as well just keep Orton as the starter then, he has just as good of a shot to make the playoffs, really.

I want to see a QB that is top shelf.

Keep developing EJM, and draft more QB's. The chance of a really good QB hitting the market is pretty much nil (and none of these guys are really good).

We all do...but those guys don't grow on trees. I'm with you. I can deal wiht Orton and EJ, along with another developing player (somebody with more upside that Tuel- a top 4 round pick, perhaps) over just throwing a lot of money at a name player that has already proven he is not that great.

The question is whether he's a bigger cancer than Jeff George. Very similar cancers. George made the playoffs with the Vikings after defenses figured out Cunningham

They were both "mercurial" but I really think Cutler is a little mis-understood sometimes. George was kind of a loud-mouth punk, ego-maniac. The knock on Cutler is that he just doesn't seem to care enough...those closest to him seem to think he does, he just isn't good with the media. I think they are pretty different. Of course, I have always liked Cutler.

There isn't one guy on that list, that I think has any better of a chance of leading the Bills to a championship than EJ Manuel. In other words, they all suck, and none will ever win a Super Bowl.

The Bills cannot go into next season with EJ and Orton as the front runners. EJ is an unknown who at this point can not get it done. Orton has proven he cannot get it done.

I am all for bringing in any of these guys to see if they can push this team over the edge.

Yawn. None interest me. None of the FA's coming out interest me. Mariotta or Winston are not all that impressive, either.

SO we should just go with Orton or EJ?