Trade Kiko?

Utah John

Well done OP on the foresight of Alonso being expendable. 99% of fans didn't think so.

Props to Utah John, and to you sir, for finding this. I mentioned this thread when the trade went down, but was too stupid or lazy (or BOTH) to find it and bump it up. Kind of amusing now, though!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would seriously do this in a heart beat.

Trade Kiko for 200 pounds of raw bear flesh, the bones of chuck Norris's mother, the severed head of the Ebola czar, and unfettered right to invade Canada. That would be pretty fair, IMO.

I want to give props to me, because this was pretty darn funny.

If the OP in this thread had waited until after we had shut down Manning, Rodgers, and Brady with our defense, and then said, what if we get Rex Ryan as our head coach, would you trade Kiko for Shady McCoy? Everyone would have had a different answer and it very likely would have looked exactly like the threads this week.

There's a similar thread on the "other" forum, except it was made in February. The results were the same. If we traded picks for Donte Whitner tomorrow, this fanbase would talk itself into loving it.

You are. this is idiotic. just stop. seriously, it's an idiotic idea, no team is going to give up a good proven QB for a LB with 1 good year and then a torn up knee. :wallbash:

How bout a RB? haha, I think we one the trade

Looking back a year on threads is often hilarious and illuminating.

If the OP in this thread had waited until after we had shut down Manning, Rodgers, and Brady with our defense, and then said, what if we get Rex Ryan as our head coach, would you trade Kiko for Shady McCoy? Everyone would have had a different answer and it very likely would have looked exactly like the threads this week.

I don't think so. It only looks like this week's threads after it's done and people have talked themselves into liking it. People in this thread pretty much unanimously said that they wouldn't even consider trading Kiko unless it was for a franchise QB (and no team was going to do that.)

There's a similar thread on the "other" forum, except it was made in February. The results were the same. If we traded picks for Donte Whitner tomorrow, this fanbase would talk itself into loving it.

I don't think so. It only looks like this week's threads after it's done and people have talked themselves into liking it. People in this thread pretty much unanimously said that they wouldn't even consider trading Kiko unless it was for a franchise QB (and no team was going to do that.)

Somebody call CNN -- fans on a team message board are rooting for their team rather than being pessimistic little snots.

You don't think that two young lbs proving themselves more, a new coach, new scheme, our RBs all struggling and cj being gone, along with the specific mention of the name McCoy could've possibly swayed anyone's opinions at all?

It surprised me quite a bit but if a "kiko for McCoy?" Thread started last week, you would've seen a lot of "I might like that"

OK, I'm not trolling or being intentionally argumentative. But here goes. We have a great defensive line, not just the starters but every backup as well. We have three really good LBs on the field, plus adequate backups. Where will Kiko fit next year, if the Bills are able to bring Spikes back?

On the other hand, the Bills desperately need upgrades at a couple of positions on the offensive side, and they could stand an upgrade at safety as well.

The question is, as good as Kiko is, would you trade him for a really good, proven, QB? How about two dominant offensive lineman? Or would you never want to trade him and are thinking of coming out to Utah to explain things to me in person?

Really good proven QB: yes of course

Two dominant olineman: possibly

High priced RB: no

Moral of this thread: if a poster proposes something that you think is ludicrous, take the high road in your response because it may take a coaching change and a switch in defensive philosophy, but it could come back to bite you in the a$$.

Glad I didn't respond back in November and let me echo the kudos to Utah John.

Looking back a year on threads is often hilarious and illuminating.

Just give him his props....Have you ever admitted you were wrong in your life?

actually ... I hold off my apology until the Bills Officially announce the trade.

No posting of the deal on the website like the Meh Cassel trade... hmmmmmm

Dood, its a done deal. As in, they negotiated, reached agreement, and both teams informed both players and their agents. And informed CJ Spiller, who was scheduled to go on Live TV five minutes later. You havent heard a peep about either side denying it openly or through unnamed sources.

The OP is vindicated, in his idea that Kiko was tradeable, that OBD might consider trading him, and that another team would give up solid value (although obv not a franchise-type QB).

And at this point, if the trade doesnt happen, it will be about money, which wouldnt invalidate the OP's idea.

I'll give propers where propers is due.

Edited by maddenboy

This was a classic thread, classic in the sense of watching someone getting ripped apart for having a differing opinion around here.

The one where the OP stated the Bills where in Florida signing Incognito was better. 2 full pages of posters making buffoons of themselves explaining why the OP was a dimwit and it could never happen.

Ah yes. I believe this s known as the kook-aid effect.