Global warming err Climate change HOAX

and NO this doesn't meam warnings should be ignored, or that people should not have been evacuated. (My own daughter moved 30 miles west to be with friends and I'm glad of it.

NO ONE is taking weather advice from Matt Drudge..............that is a false premise, but having someone question how the media reports things is ALWAYS important.

I thought that I could not have been clearer, but your hysterical reaction shows that I misjudged your understanding.

There were several stories criticizing Drudge that came out , besides the one you linked.

I just thought it funny (and I still do) that you grabbed onto it like a life preserver.

I again point out that people are smart (right and left) they know that Matt Drudge is there to point out media hypocrisy, not give weather reports.

If only you people in the middle did.

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that I could not have been clearer, but your hysterical reaction shows that I misjudged your understanding.

There were several stories criticizing Drudge that came out , besides the one you linked.

I just thought it funny (and I still do) that you grabbed onto it like a life preserver.

I again point out that people are smart (right and left) they know that Matt Drudge is there to point out media hypocrisy, not give weather reports.

If only you people in the middle did.

You are confusing hysterical w/passion. By no means am I hysterical. TreeHuggers get that way. I don't cry @ night because the earth is changing no matter the cause. I also do not cry for the future. That's hysterical.

I am just passionate about solving problems and keeping people out of all kinds of harms way. And when it comes to this GW debate, neither side has the definitive answer. That answer falls squarely in the middle of the debate.

EDIT: And no. There are idiots out there that think Drudge is giving weather reports... And will act on that info. Just as idiots on the other side do w/regard to public safety and the police debate.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

EDIT: And no. There are idiots out there that think Drudge is giving weather reports... And will act on that info. Just as idiots on the other side do w/regard to public safety and the police debate.

No there are not, believing so is a sign of hysteria mis-placed passion.

We are all in agreement that this is a terrible hurricane and pray for people's safety, I just choose to blame the weather and not Drudge.

Back to the actual Global Warming/ Climate Change thread:

For those who missed it due to the distraction...............I am sorry.

Why Environmentalism Became Both a Religion and a Con Game

American Thinker, by Chet Richards

Original Article

The latest survey conducted by Washington-based Pew Research Center shows only 27 percent of Americans think that “almost all” climate scientists hold human behavior responsible for climate change, and only 48 percent think global climate change is “due to human activity.”

This clashes with the frequent media assertion that Americans readily trust the so-called overwhelming “consensus” on climate change.

Back in 2007 Sports Illustrated that jumped on the climate change bandwagon with a cover mock up of a baseball player up to his thighs in water, because of sea level rise don’t you know. Now a new climate threat to baseball has been identified: More on-field brawls, and more home runs. I kid you not. From E&E Daily (subscription only unfortunately):http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2016/10/green-weenie-of-the-week-baseball-cranks.php

Climate change is affecting more than just polar caps and sea levels — i
t could also be changing baseball. . .

“When we’re in an agitated state, we’re more ready to see hostility and want to retaliate,” explained Rick Larrick, a professor with Duke University.

Moreover, different temperatures can also have an impact on the physics of the ball. According to Michael Mann, a climate scientist with Penn State’s Earth System Science Center, the critical factor is air density. Because hot days tend to be less dense than cold ones, this could mean that a ball might travel farther.

“If we change the density of the atmosphere near the surface of the Earth, that will influence the behavior of objects that are thrown or hit through the atmosphere. That of course includes baseballs. Lower density means less air resistance, which would mean balls would get hit farther,” he said.

SI-cover-copy.jpg

Edited by B-Man

Q: So will the U.S. continue its "drought" of major hurricane landfalls?

A: It's been nearly 11 years since 2005's Hurricane Wilma, since a major hurricane made landfall in the United States, a record long time. Meteorologists had been thinking Matthew would end it, but now they say there's a good possibility the drought will continue.

Hmmm, I thought they were going to get stronger and more numerous.

http://www.fox25boston.com/news/by-hugging-coast-while-over-water-matthew-stays-stronger/454693211#

From the NY Times:

Vermont Wind Project Needs Support, So Company Offers to Pay Voters

By Katharine Q. Seelye Oct. 12 2016

WINDHAM, Vt. — To many residents in this tiny town in southern Vermont, the last-minute offer of cash was a blatant attempt to buy their votes.

To the developer that offered the money, it was simply a sign of how attentively the company had been listening to voters’ concerns.

The company, Iberdrola Renewables, a Spanish energy developer, wants to build Vermont’s largest wind project on a private forest tract that spans Windham and the adjacent town of Grafton. The project would consist of 24 turbines, each nearly 500 feet tall, and generate 82.8 megawatts of power, enough to light 42,000 homes for a year if the wind kept blowing, though the houses could be in Connecticut or Massachusetts.

Residents of the two towns will vote Nov. 8 on whether to approve the project, which has pitted neighbor against neighbor. No one knows which way the vote will go.

So Wind and Graft have come together in Vermont. And I guess we do need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows on the upcoming vote.

{snip}

Since you are no doubt wondering about the structure and legality of the cash offer:

Facing the possibility that voters here may reject the proposal, putting a damper on large-scale wind development in Vermont, Iberdrola last week put cash on the table for individual voters.

Many residents called the offer an attempt at undue influence, if not an outright bribe. But after a review, the state attorney general’s office said that the offer did not appear to violate state law.

Still, the individual payments — a total of $565,000 a year to 815 registered voters in both towns, or $14.1 million over 25 years — on top of millions more to the towns, suggest how much is at stake for the company. Iberdrola has been trying to persuade voters here for more than four years to approve the project, in a state that is actively seeking clean-energy development.

Now, if you are thinking that the payments are legal because they are contingent on the outcome of the vote and not the specific vote of any one prospective recipient, pat yourself on the back:

Opponents were outraged at the payments, perceiving them as an attempt to buy votes, and complained to state officials.

But Michael O. Duane, senior assistant attorney general, said the payments did not violate state law. The proposal “doesn’t say that the funds go only to those people who signed a sworn statement that they had voted for it,” he said.

Now, you might be thinking that some form of compensation to the locals is appropriate. After all, the annoyance of construction, noise and impaired views will be local although the power benefits will be regional (or global!).

On the other hand, you might be thinking that the reduction in property taxes is the appropriate form of compensation. On the third hand, the article tells us that 60% of property taxes (and hence, the tax relief) goes to second-home owners in the two towns, who aren't worth bribing because they don't vote locally.

And finally (finally!) if a "local" signs up for the twenty-five year annuity and then retires to Florida in two years, why the ongoing compensation? Hmm, maybe it reflects impairment of home resale value?

• 2 weeks later...

CO2 is not a pollutant.

The same way I'm not polluting the ocean by pouring water into it.

I was talking to some co-workers about this:

Is it crazier to blame God or Global Warming for earthquakes?

Really? Are you that dense? CO2 is carbon dioxide a natuarally occurring gas given off by humans! Carbon monoxide is a by product of burning fossil fuels, never mind the heavy metals and other pollutants. Here is a simple experiment for you go to your garage, seal it up real well, turn your car on and sit down and enjoy.

Really? Are you that dense? CO2 is carbon dioxide a natuarally occurring gas given off by humans! Carbon monoxide is a by product of burning fossil fuels, never mind the heavy metals and other pollutants. Here is a simple experiment for you go to your garage, seal it up real well, turn your car on and sit down and enjoy.

So why is the government trying to regulate CO2 emissions?

Really? Are you that dense? CO2 is carbon dioxide a natuarally occurring gas given off by humans! Carbon monoxide is a by product of burning fossil fuels, never mind the heavy metals and other pollutants. Here is a simple experiment for you go to your garage, seal it up real well, turn your car on and sit down and enjoy. breathing.

H20 is a far greater strength "greenhouse gas". So do your fair share and don't urinate outside.

Because there's consensus.

and electrolytes is what plants crave!