Nice coaching, awesome job

The defense brought it as usual. Jim Schwartz and his players are kicking ass. Holding a very smart QB and Jamaal Charles to 17 points should be enough to win.

Those of us who cautioned that Marrone / Hackett were getting lucky and flying by the seat of their pants looked awful right this week. And that sucks, because this game was super-winnable.

Leodis deserves two big X's for today, but points were left on the board by this offense more than once.

This coach is wasting a pretty good team.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brown doesn't fumble in end zone , game over.....what did the coaches do wrong? Players made some big mistakes

3 plays in a row that have not worked all day? Leaving points on the board?

They did get majorly f---ed by 1 or 2 calls, but still, this game was winnable.

The defense brought it as usual. Jim Schwartz and his players are kicking ass. Holding a very smart QB and Jamaal Charles to 17 points should be enough to win.

Those of us who cautioned that Marrone / Hackett were getting lucky and flying by the seat of their pants looked awful right this week. And that sucks, because this game was super-winnable.

Leodis deserves two big X's for today, but points were left on the board by this offense more than once.

So Bryce Brown/Dixon season highs was lucky? 150 yards in the 3rd quarter was lucky? 3 surefire TD opportunities in the red zone improperly executed was lucky?

You have to love that players get 100% of the blame when the team doesn't win. It's a nuanced discussion, but right now more than 50% of the problem does their work from the sideline.

The offense is anemic, unimaginative, and boring to be brutally honest. I thought Marrone was going to be an innovative coach, and he's a really more of the same: annoyingly conservative when there's a calculated risk to take.

They're wasting good players and I hope the Pegulas are watching. Time to clean out everyone. This is more of the same.

Brown doesn't fumble in end zone , game over.....what did the coaches do wrong? Players made some big mistakes

that second to last drive where we kept throwing the ball from the 15 into the endzone was bad playcalling, but overall playcalling was better. Orton didn't have his best game either.

You don't go for it on 4th and an inch but go for it on 4th and 10 with all timeouts and this defense? Kick the Field goal and then all you needed was FG range. I hate this team.

Coaching on this team is mediocre at best.

Don't take my word for it. Take Terry's. He'll do what's necessary soon enough.

That's what coaches are for...to make sure things like that don't happen. That's the actual definition of coaching.

The drive towards the end of the game where they are down by 4 with a chance to take the lead again, and they call like 3 fade passes to the end zone, almost made me break my TV. Even after all the mistakes it was still there for the taking, and they call three bad plays in a row. All they had to do was keep doing what had worked all day. If our HC is still here next year, the OC sure as hell better not be.

Do folks not realize this was deja vu?

Last year, KC in town, we're about to go up 17-3 and Tuel throws a 101-yard INT.

This year, KC in town, we're about to go up 17-3 and Brown fumbles through the end zone.

Do folks really think it's a horribly unlucky coincidence that every year we have a bunch of error-prone boneheads on this team?

It's not a coincidence. The Patriots' role players don't make those kinds of mistakes, because they're prepared for situational football.

Doug Marrone is a loser, and a joke, and it's time to canonize him.

frankly, Schwarz's decision to rush only 3 men on that 3rd and 8 conversion sealed the deal..

or maybe it was the 3rd down completion that led to the 4th and 1 TD.. i think we may have dropped 8 there, also..

whatever..

we're a very competitive team, that just isn't quite good enough to win when our players and coaches make mistakes..

and that includes some sketchy play from our QB

So Bryce Brown/Dixon season highs was lucky? 150 yards in the 3rd quarter was lucky? 3 surefire TD opportunities in the red zone improperly executed was lucky?

You know that I am not talking about this week, and that I'm clearly talking about the results of the Detroit and Minnesota games, dude. Don't be daft.

Right, the coaches fumbled the game away.

Agree.

The only coaching issue is you can argue with are the two 4th downs. I would have kicked that FG on 4th and 10.

Me too, but it was all or nothing there. We should have had the game in the bag by then had we not fumbled the ball twice.

Coaches did a fine job in this game. They didn't fumble... The coaches set the team up for an easy win (17-3 going in with Bryce Brown)... Gotta know what you're talking about when you call out coaching.

Best response is already in this thread.

Facing the best passing defense in the league who is also one of the worst rush defenses in the league.

1st and 10 on their 12 yard line: Pass 4 times for zero yards.

1st and 10 on their 4 yard line: pass 3 times for zero yards.

Nate Hackett is the worst redzone offensive coordinator in the league.

You know that I am not talking about this week, and that I'm clearly talking about the results of the Detroit and Minnesota games, dude. Don't be daft.

Seeing as you think this game "proves" what you thought about those others games, you must be talking about this week.

You don't go for it on 4th and an inch but go for it on 4th and 10 with all timeouts and this defense? Kick the Field goal and then all you needed was FG range. I hate this team.

exactly! even with the fumbles the game was still winnable at the end.

Don't hate the team, just the guy who decided to go for it on 4th down

Players are going to make mistakes. Yes, we could have been up big, but we still had a chance to win. If you have the ball on the 15 with 4 minutes left to go and down by 4. You have to score there. Regardless of what happened before in the game.

The playcalling there and execution was terrible. No attempt at a first down. Almost all prayer throws. Just a joke of playcalls.

Seeing as you think this game "proves" what you thought about those others games, you must be talking about this week.

The point was that the margin was razor-thin, and that these guys were probably neither as good as all the "shut up haterz they won" folks said those weeks, nor as bad as they look this week.

Regardless, they leave points on the board with regularity. Are you going to argue with this? Argue that it's the players all you want. Who puts the players on the field? Who calls the plays?

frankly, Schwarz's decision to rush only 3 men on that 3rd and 8 conversion sealed the deal..

or maybe it was the 3rd down completion that led to the 4th and 1 TD.. i think we may have dropped 8 there, also..

whatever..

we're a very competitive team, that just isn't quite good enough to win when our players and coaches make mistakes..

and that includes some sketchy play from our QB

The hilarity is I joked "conversion to the TE, middle of the field..."

:oops:

You have to love that players get 100% of the blame when the team doesn't win. It's a nuanced discussion, but right now more than 50% of the problem does their work from the sideline.

The offense is anemic, unimaginative, and boring to be brutally honest. I thought Marrone was going to be an innovative coach, and he's a really more of the same: annoyingly conservative when there's a calculated risk to take.

They're wasting good players and I hope the Pegulas are watching. Time to clean out everyone. This is more of the same.

hey genius, tell me how many people credited Marrone when Sammy got that winning TD against the Vikings? Or when Carpenter hit a 55 yarder against the Lions? I'll help you, zero, because those were fantastic individual plays.

Today, it was as cut and dry as those plays, Brown fumbled when he was about to score 6 points and Mckelvin fumbled the ball away giving the Chiefs something they didn't have all day, good field position.

The point was that the margin was razor-thin, and that these guys were probably neither as good as all the "shut up haterz they won" folks said those weeks, nor as bad as they look this week.

Regardless, they leave points on the board with regularity. Are you going to argue with this? Argue that it's the players all you want. Who puts the players on the field? Who calls the plays?

So, because Orton made some misthrows in the red zone to wide open receivers, the coach sucks? Interesting. Why can't Marrone and Hackett put Brady on the field? I wonder.

That phantom false start was brutal. McKelvin is indicative of everything this franchise has done wrong. How many games has his screw ups cost us in his illustrious tenure? And, am I crazy, or should they have tried for a first down rather than take shot after shot at the endzone during that last real drive they had?