Nice coaching, awesome job

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am amazed by all these fire the coach threads. It is easy to say fire the coach. Hell, the Bills are experts at it. The hard part is getting a good coach to come to Buffalo. No amount of money will bring an experienced, successful coach to Buffalo. IMO Marrone is as good as is going to get. He is young, but improving. Last years problems he said he would fix; Challenge Flags, Run Defense, Special Teams, Lack of depth at running back. IMO He is a good coach who will get better over time.

That was with an owner who was more concerned with making a profit over winning, and used to micro manage his team / coaches. Plus the job insecurity of playing for a 90+ year old owner. Its why no top NFL head coach wanted to come to Buffalo.

New ownership changes everything!! the best part is when Terry Pegula was asked if he bought the team to make a profit. His response was if I need to make money, I'll drill another well. I want to win above all else!

No need to worry about coaching changes, as sometimes they are needed, and necessary. Marrone may or may not improve over the next 5 years. I for one am tired of his staff needing to learn as they go.

So many people complaining about the 4 passing attempts. Had we run(and gotten stuffed) on first down it would have been dubbed predictable by the board.....and then what? 3 passes....or another "predictable" run on second.....leading to pass, pass?

People really need to learn that a play that doesn't work doesn't necessarily mean it is a bad play......and conversely a play that does work doesn't necessarily mean it is a good play.

It just baffles me that for so many fans, the complexities of playcalling boils down to should have run instead of passing....or should have passed instead of running. It's like people think the coaches are playing a simpler two option version of rock/paper/scissors.

I agree it isn't that simple. The swing pass to Boobie had been working all day. There is an option. Chandler on crossing routes is pretty successful. 4 fade passes/jump balls to the endzone was bad decision making. Not hating the passing, hating the specific play calls.

If those are the plays we are looking for, why no Mike Williams. That is literally what he is here for.

Pettine. Bradley. Philbin. Rex Ryan. Tony Sparano. Andy Reid. Whisenhunt. Jeff Fisher.

Lol. He just lost to Andy Reid about 5 minutes ago for the second year in a row at home.

Jeff Fisher? Really?

Pettine? We'll find out in a few weeks I guess.

Tony Sparano maybe. Maybe. Even talent would probably favor Sparano.

I think Bradley is a coach that is growing up with a young team. He may end up flopping or advancing. Half a point there because it is hard to say what he might do with talent. We know what Marrone has done.....ZERO.

I'd bet the Bills would take a Whisenhunt/Marrone do over in a second.

And I wish I could agree with Philbin but he has made Talleywhacker look decent. Meanwhile this doofus has made CJ, Fred, at times Watkins, Woods and Chandler look completely useless while deciding to play Brad Lamb instead of Mike Williams.

Why should I waste time arguing with you when you had Marrone already pegged as a loser coach?

And we don't have a QB to reach 12 wins in a year consistently. we could get a hot streak with Orton, but he's not an elite QB, I like him but he's not elite.

Correctly pegged.

Who do you trust more? Your defense which has been playing lights out, or the offense which had been miserable in the redzone to date? This is why the decision was so terrible. Had you kicked a FG there, you'd be down one and giving the Chiefs the ball on the twenty, with two minutes and change and three timeouts remaining. Your defense is winning the game already, trust them and take the points. It's really a no-brainer decision that Marrone bobbled.

But we did give them the ball back with two minutes left, needing to stop them from getting a first down, and we couldn't. It would have made no difference if we were only down by 1.

I agree. We were, and are on the same page. I was just pointing that out to the fans just blaming the fumbles or Orton.

Kick the FG, and its a one point game. Then Carpenter just needed the Bills to get to the KC 40, and its a probable Bills win.

:beer: I'm just a bit punchy after a stinger like this one today.

Good thing Glass Goodwin was active instead of a red zone threat like Mike Williams. :thumbsup:

Don't forget Brad Lamb. I know he caught a 25 yard TD pass but it was a blown coverage or something. Did you see him trying to fight in the end zone at the end? It looked like Raggedy Andy trying to outmuscle Mr. T.

It makes a huge difference in how KC calls that series, and how the defense plays. It really does.

How would it have changed the way KC calls the last series? Either way, they just need to get one first down to milk the clock. Period.

In your opinion.

Name one team in the NFL that missed the playoffs last year that in your opinion would have made it if Marrone were their coach. Oh, heck. Why not name one; just one, in the last 10 years where he and his ridiculous staff of children and castoffs from Detroit would have done it. And by Detroit I mean Crossman, not Schwantz. To his credit Marrone has used good sense in picking his DC's. It is on O where he wants his hand in the mix that everything goes completely south.

Lol. He just lost to Andy Reid about 5 minutes ago for the second year in a row at home.

Jeff Fisher? Really?

Pettine? We'll find out in a few weeks I guess.

Tony Sparano maybe. Maybe. Even talent would probably favor Sparano.

I think Bradley is a coach that is growing up with a young team. He may end up flopping or advancing. Half a point there because it is hard to say what he might do with talent. We know what Marrone has done.....ZERO.

I'd bet the Bills would take a Whisenhunt/Marrone do over in a second.

And I wish I could agree with Philbin but he has made Talleywhacker look decent. Meanwhile this doofus has made CJ, Fred, at times Watkins, Woods and Chandler look completely useless while deciding to play Brad Lamb instead of Mike Williams.

So the great Andy Reid outcoached us today? Really? Who has the better defense KC or the Bills? Who's offense looked better against those defenses?

Marrone has won almost twice as many games as Bradley, who sucks. Marrone has destroyed the Phins and made Philbin look like a child. Fisher sucks.

Psh, coaching? Seriously? This game came down to the last two minutes and the players blew it.

no game ever comes solely down to the last 2 minutes, and the decisions made prior matter.there is no doubt that players and mistakes made by them cost this team the game. I still don't think that those players were entirely put in the best position to succeed, especially in the red zone, and especially against a team with a great pass defense.

That I can pin on Marrone, I would have sit Freddie this one so he can heal up. But I don't want Marrone fired for it.

Don't forget Stevie. Or Hilliard. Anyone who questions the great Marrone gets run. And the team loses. Brad Lamb seems polite though.

Name one team in the NFL that missed the playoffs last year that in your opinion would have made it if Marrone were their coach. Oh, heck. Why not name one; just one, in the last 10 years where he and his ridiculous staff of children and castoffs from Detroit would have done it. And by Detroit I mean Crossman, not Schwantz. To his credit Marrone has used good sense in picking his DC's. It is on O where he wants his hand in the mix that everything goes completely south.

How the !@#$ you come up with these unrealistic scenarios? For you he is a loser, I stopped seeing things black and white when I was 7.

How would it have changed the way KC calls the last series? Either way, they just need to get one first down to milk the clock. Period.

Not true, KC could afford to be more conservative (and were) precisely because the Bills needed a TD to win. Had they only needed a FG, every scenario of the OC/DC play card changes because giving the Bills the ball back with 27 seconds left (which they did) gives them too many chances to get into FG range.

It makes a big difference in mentality and strategy.