Nice coaching, awesome job

I disliked the punt on 4th and 1, and then go for it on 4th and ten. It seemed like two different HC's were making those calls.

I worked though. On the second scenario I would have called some plays to get the first but then I would have hated it if we didn't score a TD

So picking apart your knee-jerk tantrum is "calling shots from the peanut gallery?"

Run more Bryce Brown, when he fumbles, Fire Marrone!!! Easy to blame the coaches when the players make bone-head mistakes. "Who put Bryce Brown out there?!?!?!?!"

Exactly, when we run too much they want the Coach innovator, when we pass in the redzone three times in a row, people want Mr. Conservative.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was 4 plays in a row that hadn't worked all game. 4 straight shots to the end zone when we still could've had another first down at the 5. With our red-zone offense these were low-percentage plays, especially on a day when it was clear that Kyle was a bit off.

On 4th down in the red zone, if he throws the corner route to Sammy looks like a TD. So why was it thrown short? Was that on Sammy for not coming back or Orton for under throwing it?

Do you have any reason to believe the Chiefs would not have gotten a first down and run down the clock?

Who do you trust more? Your defense which has been playing lights out, or the offense which had been miserable in the redzone to date? This is why the decision was so terrible. Had you kicked a FG there, you'd be down one and giving the Chiefs the ball on the twenty, with two minutes and change and three timeouts remaining. Your defense is winning the game already, trust them and take the points. It's really a no-brainer decision that Marrone bobbled.

Players lost this game, not the coaches.

Mckelvin and Brown accounted for a net of -11points on the board.

This was a game we had and lost. Its games like these that doom your season.

McLuvin shouldn't be on the field for punts.

I worked though. On the second scenario I would have called some plays to get the first but then I would have hated it if we didn't score a TD

Exactly, when we run too much they want the Coach innovator, when we pass in the redzone three times in a row, people want Mr. Conservative.

If we don't get a first down, no matter what, we're "predictable." Even though we saw about 20 plays we've never run before today, that almost all worked to great effect. And adjusted fantastically at half.

This sounds smart but it's not taking into account the opponent's strengths. I don't need an innovator, I just want someone who is exceptional at the chess match with an opposing head coach and their personnel.

Players will make mistakes, but I would put my money on this being the natural regression that was due the Bills after some pretty fortunate results (aided by great plays, no doubt). Generally speaking, this offense has been under-producing with regularity.

He is a complete loser. Complete. He is Greggo without the killer instinct. This team has one of the best defenses in the league and an incomplete offense that has several spots with real talent.

Do you think it would have been nice to have Mike Williams in there to throw to instead of the Flutie sized Hogan in the back corner of the end zone? Me too, but loser coach and his thin skin just couldn't have that, could he?

Who do you trust more? Your defense which has been playing lights out, or the offense which had been miserable in the redzone to date? This is why the decision was so terrible. Had you kicked a FG there, you'd be down one and giving the Chiefs the ball on the twenty, with two minutes and change and three timeouts remaining. Your defense is winning the game already, trust them and take the points. It's really a no-brainer decision that Marrone bobbled.

Jeez, the Bills have a kicker that has already made a 58 yarder this year. Not like the Bills have that scrub Detroit kicker

-great drive, last play running the ball in - oops fumble (player fault)

-another great drive, at the 4 yard line, force 3 throws, settle for 3 (coaches fault). That's 14 shoulda points, turned into 3.

-McKelvin fumble gives KC the ball - KC scores, and all of a sudden they sense this is a ball game (players fault).

-down 4, first down at the 15, force 4 throws into the end zone - no attempt to just get the 1st, get 0 points (coaches fault).

While it took both players mistakes and coaches play calling to lose this game, I'm much more pissed off at the play calling. We didn't need heroic passes to the endzone. Just a couple decent runs like we'd been getting most of the day. Man that game was hard to watch :(

Jeez, the Bills have a kicker that has already made a 58 yarder this year. Not like the Bills have that scrub Detroit kicker

I'm aware, which is why the decision was so bad. Instead of giving the game to your defense and Carpenter, they gave it to the offense on a fourth and long against the league's top redzone defense. That's terrible in-game-management.

He is a complete loser. Complete. He is Greggo without the killer instinct. This team has one of the best defenses in the league and an incomplete offense that has several spots with real talent.

Do you think it would have been nice to have Mike Williams in there to throw to instead of the Flutie sized Hogan in the back corner of the end zone? Me too, but loser coach and his thin skin just couldn't have that, could he?

in your opinion, he is. No need to comment beyond that, have a good day.

This sounds smart but it's not taking into account the opponent's strengths. I don't need an innovator, I just want someone who is exceptional at the chess match with an opposing head coach and their personnel.

Players will make mistakes, but I would put my money on this being the natural regression that was due the Bills after some pretty fortunate results (aided by great plays, no doubt). Generally speaking, this offense has been under-producing with regularity.

Chess?

Andy Reid was playing checkers and Marrone was playing peek-a-boo.

Sure it is. Is it okay to make a topic patting yourself on that back that the coaches suck because they made a couple bad calls vs the 90% of good ones? I mean, whatever helps you sleep at night man.

It makes no difference in my sleep at night. I have a seven month-old child.

This is a topic to discuss the coaching. I don't give a damn about looking prescient or anything. I want the Bills to win, period. Always happy when they win, always wanting to see better results. I am really not ready to see a 15th season of the Bills golfing during the playoffs. I think this offense is generally anemic and the coaches deserve some blame.

LOL. It's the dreaded regression toward the mean. It sucks doesn't it?

Well, it occurred slightly later than normal this year; I guess that's progress.

Well sheesh, if we don't have a HC who can destroy Andy Reid's #1 ranked defense filled with Pro-Bowlers, he's gotta go. Mike McCoy also. He lost to KC too!!!!

I am amazed by all these fire the coach threads. It is easy to say fire the coach. Hell, the Bills are experts at it. The hard part is getting a good coach to come to Buffalo. No amount of money will bring an experienced, successful coach to Buffalo. IMO Marrone is as good as is going to get. He is young, but improving. Last years problems he said he would fix; Challenge Flags, Run Defense, Special Teams, Lack of depth at running back. IMO He is a good coach who will get better over time.

It makes no difference in my sleep at night. I have a seven month-old child.

This is a topic to discuss the coaching. I don't give a damn about looking prescient or anything. I want the Bills to win, period. Always happy when they win, always wanting to see better results. I am really not ready to see a 15th season of the Bills golfing during the playoffs. I think this offense is generally anemic and the coaches deserve some blame.

The defense brought it as usual. Jim Schwartz and his players are kicking ass. Holding a very smart QB and Jamaal Charles to 17 points should be enough to win.

Those of us who cautioned that Marrone / Hackett were getting lucky and flying by the seat of their pants looked awful right this week. And that sucks, because this game was super-winnable.

Leodis deserves two big X's for today, but points were left on the board by this offense more than once.

This coach is wasting a pretty good team.

Yeah, definitely looks like you have no interest in looking prescient.

Edited by FireChan