Updated: The AFC Playoff Picture

You must be the guy that constantly complains that it "can't" be done. No one wants to hear that guy. We just want to root for our team for a playoff run.

I didn't realize that being a Bills fan and having the ability to reason were mutually exclusive. Thank you for clearing that up. Is it possible to hope the Bills succeed, but realize that the odds are heavily against them? Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize that being a Bills fan and having the ability to reason were mutually exclusive. Thank you for clearing that up. Is it possible to hope the Bills succeed, but realize that the odds are heavily against them? Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

It's not difficult to understand. It's just cowardly and predictable to bring up on Friday before we play the defending AFC champs. The NFL is a week to week league, you might find it comforting to go in expecting to lose -- but it's a weak attitude and deserves to be ridiculed even if it's true.

It's not difficult to understand. It's just cowardly and predictable to bring up on Friday before we play the defending AFC champs. The NFL is a week to week league, you might find it comforting to go in expecting to lose -- but it's a weak attitude and deserves to be ridiculed even if it's true.

Why? If it's true, it still deserves to be ridiculed? Really???

I dont think so. It's like if I say Ej has accuracy problems. That's true! That post deserves to be ridiculed??? Ummm. No.

We have to beat basically the top 3 teams in the entire nfl. That would be a challenge for any team. We have a pathetic offense.... Chances very slim.

He was just being realistic. Now if he was trashing the team would be different....

Not really directed at you, but some bills fan take the sport way too serious imo.

I dont think so. It's like if I say Ej has accuracy problems. That's true! That post deserves to be ridiculed??? Ummm. No.

We have to beat basically the top 3 teams in the entire nfl. That would be a challenge for any team. We have a pathetic offense.... Chances very slim.

He was just being realistic. Now if he was trashing the team would be different....

Not really directed at you, but some bills fan take the sport way too serious imo.

I stand by what I said. It's an easy target, offers nothing of substance other than to wallow in misery two days before kickoff. He has every right to be realistic and make statements -- and we have every right to ridicule the more cowardly and ridiculous ones. The Bills might lose, it might be ugly, but coming on here to remind people of that possibility is chicken-sh*t and easy.

It's not like the Bills are 5-7 headed into Denver. They're 2 games over .500, on a 2 game winning streak and have the best defense in the NFL. If you cannot enjoy the run now, when can you?

I stand by what I said. It's an easy target, offers nothing of substance other than to wallow in misery two days before kickoff. He has every right to be realistic and make statements -- and we have every right to ridicule the more cowardly and ridiculous ones. The Bills might lose, it might be ugly, but coming on here to remind people of that possibility is chicken-sh*t and easy.

It's not like the Bills are 5-7 headed into Denver. They're 2 games over .500, on a 2 game winning streak and have the best defense in the NFL. If you cannot enjoy the run now, when can you?

Im enjoying the defense a lot. However,

Like other threads...ie "best defense in franchise history" this week.

Let's see how the "best d" is at the end of the month...

I agree with you to a certain degree. But I didnt get a vibe that he was disrespecting or just a nastry trash on the bills. It was just a comment.

But anyway, let's see what happens.

Denver, Green Bay, and New England remaining on the schedule. Seriously, the chance of making the playoffs is not realistic to anyone with common sense.

to be honest anyone with common sense would know that nothing is a given in the game of football and its not over until its over .

A defeatist would give up before the games are even played

True. It's extremely difficult and shows incredible bravery to say the Bills will win on Sunday.

Ugh...

Im enjoying the defense a lot. However,

Like other threads...ie "best defense in franchise history" this week.

Let's see how the "best d" is at the end of the month...

I agree with you to a certain degree. But I didnt get a vibe that he was disrespecting or just a nastry trash on the bills. It was just a comment.

But anyway, let's see what happens.

I hear you, but again I'll just ask if Bills fans spend their whole time worrying when the bottom will fall out, don't they miss the parts of the season where it's supposed to be fun? This week should be a fun week for Bills fans. It's a chance to play the best team in the AFC, a historic offense, and smack them right in the mouth. There's ample proof from 7 wins so far this year that the Bills are capable of playing -- and beating -- anyone. We're relevant in December for the first time in over a decade and still people are scrambling to be the first to scream, "JUST WAIT UNTIL WE SUCK AGAIN!"

I get where it comes from, but past performances do not dictate future results. Especially in the NFL.

That's just a bad attitude to bring into a game in my opinion, even as a fan. Doesn't mean he's wrong or has every right to his opinion, I just question the timing and decision to make (another) post about how the Bills will be lucky to win. F that. The Bills CAN beat the Broncos and this defense CAN knock the snot out of anyone they line up against. Fans want to talk about "changing the culture", well that doesn't end with just the players and coaches. Fans have to take some responsibility too.

:beer:

Quoted for truth!

Odds are Cincy wins the div and either Ravens or Stillers don't make the WC.

As of today

http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/type/playoffs/sort/conferenceRank/order/false

The Bills hold the tie breaker over both Baltimore & Pittsburgh

If Pittsburgh wins out they are ahead of Cincinnati...4 wins put them at 11-5 and by beating Cincy twice limits then to only a 10-5-1 record.

I am dreaming of a scenario where we need the win in NE to get in and we pull it off. The monkey would not be off our back, but his arms would be getting very tired.

Considering that the Bills hung around almost the entire game in NE last year (until poor special teams coverage did them in) with a backup QB and missing some key defensive players, I'd say it's possible they could pull off a win in such a scenario. Fingers crossed

not for nothing but this Miami team almost just lost to the Jets. Remember last year when they had to win 1 of 2 gimme games against the Bills and Jets? That didn't quite work out as planned... any given sunday (at least I hope lol)

The Dolphins got a huge break with Ngata getting suspended for the next four games. Can the already lousy Ravens defense stop Miami's ground attack. Tannehill has been able to make his throws (which are accurate by the way) because their run game is clicking.

If Pittsburgh wins out they are ahead of Cincinnati...4 wins put them at 11-5 and by beating Cincy twice limits then to only a 10-5-1 record.

The Bengals are 13-1-1 in their last 15 games (2 seasons worth of Home games) at HOME. I don't see how Ben and company are going to win there this week.

I am dreaming of a scenario where we need the win in NE to get in and we pull it off. The monkey would not be off our back, but his arms would be getting very tired.

The bills are an inconsistent football team. They haven't been able to put a winning streak together. Just don't feel confident that they have the consistency to win 6 straight games (considering they have won 2 in a row) to finish the season. If they did, they would be the hottest team going into the playoffs with wins against Brady, Rodgers, and Peyton, with two of it on the road. Just don't see it happen.

I would hope you would be able to tell the difference between a post of substance, and a defeatist post that simply picks the most obvious of a 2 choice decision that adds nothing to the conversation, or the topic at hand.

I don't see anyone in this thread realistically saying we are going to thrash the broncos. I see people talking about our playoff hopes, and what we need to get into the playoffs. I also see it riddled with "why bother, we aren't making it" posts. Do you see the difference?

Edited by What a Tuel

It is but maybe you want to re-read the post of mine you jumped in on the back of because that is exactly what I was doing. I don't think we are making it I was simply stating that to make it we need 3 of 4.