We discover the Bills this week

PO'14

Its time to know who the real Buffalo Bills are THIS WEEK!

Ive had some good discussion on the shout box where certain members kept saying the Jets are terrible and Geno is the worse QB in the League. A poster even told me that there was no way in hell the Bills were going to lose to the 1-6 Jets.

Lets revisit the Jets: 1-6 record. They have played against the Raiders and won, then look at this schedule: Packers( 5-2), Bears(3-4), Lions (5-2), Chargers( 5-3), Broncos (6-1) and Patriots (5-2). The Jets have played against teams that are fighting for Playoffs and or SB contenders.

Lets revisit the Bills: OT win in Chicago, Great win vs Dolphins, Loss to Chargers, Loss to Houston, Win over Detroit (where the FG kicker went 0-3), Loss to Patriots, Win over Vikings on a last second TD.

A win is a win is a win...however, the Bills could have easily been 1-6 as well if not for Fredex in game 1, a shi.t kicker vs Detroit, and a great 4th and 20 against the Viks.

The point Im trying to make is that the Bills and Forum members cannot take this game lightly. The Jets have been blown out in 1 only game vs the Chargers.

The Bills franchise is like a prom date, Shell go out with you to the ball, but at the end of the night, shes makin love to some other guy. She'll rip your heart out and throw it away. The next day she will call to apologize and you will accept it over and over and over. ( maybe even for 14 years )

IN conclusion, Tomorrow, we will see who the Bills really are.

Cheers,

Curitiba to the Playoffs in 2014

( BTW, the Bills are 3 point dogs...how can that be against a 1-6 team? ....TREAD LIGHTLY MY FRIENDS, TREAD LIGHTLY!!! )

Edited by PO'14

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills franchise is like a prom date, Shell go out with you to the ball, but at the end of the night, shes makin love to some other guy. She'll rip your heart out and throw it away. The next day she will call to apologize and you will accept it over and over and over. ( maybe even for 14 years )

come on, man. she's not like that usually. it was just, like, a momentary lapse of reason. everyone makes mistakes. i've made mistakes, she's made mistakes. but to describe it as "makin love" is totally wrong. it was just some physical thing. and she had been drinking, don't forget. the thing between her and me? that's love.

she's a good girl. she didn't mean to hurt me. and it won't happen again. trust me, i know. she told me herself.

Bills O Line scares me. Rex will exploit that weakness. Geno needs to hit a few home run passes and then BOOM, the Bills are playing catch up and that rarely works out.

Of course, it could be the Bills who exploit the Jets weak O Line, and Orton who hits a few home run passes. I think I am just conditioned not to expect that to happen, especially away games in NY or NE.

come on, man. she's not like that usually. it was just, like, a momentary lapse of reason. everyone makes mistakes. i've made mistakes, she's made mistakes. but to describe it as "makin love" is totally wrong. it was just some physical thing. and she had been drinking, don't forget. the thing between her and me? that's love.

I think you two just won the internet

she's a good girl. she didn't mean to hurt me. and it won't happen again. trust me, i know. she told me herself.

I think you two just won the internet Edited by Gray Beard

Winning teams take care of business on the road against weaker opponents.

The road to the division title is open and were right there.

All the motivation is right there…execute!

Agreed, and well said...huge game.

This has been the point in many past seasons when the Bills begin to unravel, losing a majority of their middle schedule and making the playoffs dependent on increasingly improbable scenarios. Injuries have often figured into this, and we now have those visiting us again. This is the time when our roster depth and ability to adapt will be tested, along with that "mental toughness" that has too often been in short supply.

So we'll see which team shows up in NY tomorrow. Going into the by 5-3, on a winning note, would be a major confidence booster and give more breathing room for making the playoffs later. No moral victories tomorrow, we badly need a W. A real playoff team should be able to pull that off against the Jets.

Ive had some good discussion on the shout box where certain members kept saying the Jets are terrible and Geno is the worse QB in the League. A poster even told me that there was no way in hell the Bills were going to lose to the 1-6 Jets.

The point Im trying to make is that the Bills and Forum members cannot take this game lightly. The Jets have been blown out in 1 only game vs the Chargers.

I'm pretty sure that us fans taking the Jest lightly will have absolutely no effect on the game. Bills win 24-20.

Couldn't agree more with the theme.

But yes i think the Bills need to win this game. A win against the Jets makes me believe the Bills are a playoff contender for another game.

The Bills can and should beat them, but when we have experienced so much let down, it is difficult not to expect it again.

Lets revisit the Jets: 1-6 record. They have played against the Raiders and won, then look at this schedule: Packers( 5-2), Bears(3-4), Lions (5-2), Chargers( 5-3), Broncos (6-1) and Patriots (5-2). The Jets have played against teams that are fighting for Playoffs and or SB contenders.

Lets revisit the Bills: OT win in Chicago, Great win vs Dolphins, Loss to Chargers, Loss to Houston, Win over Detroit (where the FG kicker went 0-3), Loss to Patriots, Win over Vikings on a last second TD.

A win is a win is a win...however, the Bills could have easily been 1-6 as well if not for Fredex in game 1, a shi.t kicker vs Detroit, and a great 4th and 20 against the Viks.

IN conclusion, Tomorrow, we will see who the Bills really are.

Cheers,

Curitiba to the Playoffs in 2014

( BTW, the Bills are 3 point dogs...how can that be against a 1-6 team? ....TREAD LIGHTLY MY FRIENDS, TREAD LIGHTLY!!! )

It seems like all week people have been pointing to the teams the jets have played so far as the reason they're 1-6 and using that as justification for saying the Jets are better than their record suggests. While I agree they have had a tough schedule, what I personally take away from the bolded section is that in their 7 games, the Jests and Bills have played 4 common opponents. The Jests are 0-4 against these teams while the Bills are 2-2. Furthermore, the Bills 2 wins (Chicago and Detroit) came on the road, while the Jests got to play these teams at home. It seems to me that If you're going to point to the Jests brutal schedule as the reason for their failures so far, then you should also be giving the Bills credit for their successes against some of those same teams, but I don't see that happening nearly as much as I see the Jest excuse making.

It seems like all week people have been pointing to the teams the jets have played so far as the reason they're 1-6 and using that as justification for saying the Jets are better than their record suggests. While I agree they have had a tough schedule, what I personally take away from the bolded section is that in their 7 games, the Jests and Bills have played 4 common opponents. The Jests are 0-4 against these teams while the Bills are 2-2. Furthermore, the Bills 2 wins (Chicago and Detroit) came on the road, while the Jests got to play these teams at home. It seems to me that If you're going to point to the Jests brutal schedule as the reason for their failures so far, then you should also be giving the Bills credit for their successes against some of those same teams, but I don't see that happening nearly as much as I see the Jest excuse making.

The bottom line is: you are what your record says you are.

I know I'm nervous, just because IMO Rex is a far, far better defensive coach than Hackett is an OC. He can find weaknesses like nobody's business and exploit them, and we have let him p'wn us for years.

The bottom line is: you are what your record says you are.

I know I'm nervous, just because IMO Rex is a far, far better defensive coach than Hackett is an OC. He can find weaknesses like nobody's business and exploit them, and we have let him p'wn us for years.

while I agree Rex is a better DC than Hackett is an oc at this point, what happened to his defense last time he played Hackett? Bills are actually averaging 28 pts per game on them last two years. We lost in NJ year because we were missing both starting corners and starting safety, and starting a guy who is now on the street.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/24/why-the-numbers-lie-when-it-comes-to-the-jets-defense/

Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree that we find out who this team is on Sunday. You hate to call it a must win game in October, but it will be 'same old bills' if we lose. Our dominance over the NFC North so far means that all three of our loses are in conference loses. And we sit at 1-1 in the division. Lose tomorrow and we have a losing record in the division and 4 loses in conference. Definitely not a recipe for winning the division or making a wild card.

Something tells me the Bears upset the Pats tomorrow, so it would be great to also win and keep the pressure on the Patriots.

Based completely on the eyeball test, this Jets team stacks up well vs the Bills on defense and very poorly on offense. If KO and the offense put up 20 ormore, it's a lock. Hopefully Urbik is the tonic that cures much of the oline issues because the Jets dline, much like the Bills', is scary good. If the oline buys KO time, the Jets secondary is a ragtag group that will get killed by the Bills WRs. But, those who say that Geno sucks are right. The Bills better win this one. Better O, similar dline, superior LB's and secondary. It all may come down to coaching......@$#* we are screwed

If the Team plays like they did last week, forget it. They need to show they are a playoff contender this week.

Spikes will have to earn his pay this week, and I'd expect we'll see more manny Lawson in place of Hughes.