We discover the Bills this week

PO'14

If the Team plays like they did last week, forget it. They need to show they are a playoff contender this week.

Spikes will have to earn his pay this week, and I'd expect we'll see more manny Lawson in place of Hughes.

the jets run significantly more frequently to Mario's side, fortunately. IMO he's fantastic at setting the edge.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bottom line is: you are what your record says you are.

I know I'm nervous, just because IMO Rex is a far, far better defensive coach than Hackett is an OC. He can find weaknesses like nobody's business and exploit them, and we have let him p'wn us for years.

I agree that the bottom line is you are what your record says you are. The Jests record right now says they are a garbage team, while the Bills record says they are a fringe playoff contender one game out of first in their division. My point is that the analysis this week has not been that simple, as many people are favoring the Jets in this game. In doing so many of these people are using their difficult schedule as justification while ignoring the fact that the Bills have played many of the same teams and achieved better results against the common opponents.

Edited by Chandemonium

Meh. You can say this about every game. They are all tests to find out who the Bills really are. Whether we lose to the Jets or Broncos the freak out is the same. If they win games we still don't like how they won.

It seems both (edit: now several) posts I've seen from you today were just criticizing the board

Edited by NoSaint

Winning teams take care of business on the road against weaker opponents.

The road to the division title is open and were right there.

All the motivation is right there…execute!

+1

If we are going to be a "good" team, we take care of the jets this week....

Meh. You can say this about every game. They are all tests to find out who the Bills really are. Whether we lose to the Jets or Broncos the freak out is the same. If they win games we still don't like how they won.

Goot point Promo.

The next week will be a test to see if we can win after a bye.

The next week will be a test to see if they corrected x

The next week will be a test to see if they corrected y

We are who we say we are.

It seems both (edit: now several) posts I've seen from you today were just criticizing the board

I havent read all his posts. But his post on this thread is a fact. Not really critizism.

He's right. All games seem to be important because of _________________

You dont remember the epic thread that stated that this years opener was the #1 most important opener in the last 10 years. Ummm. No. All openers are important. If you lose the opener, season not over.

I havent read all his posts. But his post on this thread is a fact. Not really critizism.

He's right. All games seem to be important because of _________________

You dont remember the epic thread that stated that this years opener was the #1 most important opener in the last 10 years. Ummm. No. All openers are important. If you lose the opener, season not over.

His "even if they win we won't like it" was the thing that stood out in the context of seeing a bunch of other posts from him lately where he has to get that little dig in was what I was commenting on. I also noticed his post about how KOs wins are "only a slight improvement to bills fans" and like 2 other similar barbs in others towards the fans/board for not being more gung-ho.

Not a bad post there PO . I am thinking every game is the most important one of the season. Because the Bills are ...well , The Bills. And damn near any calamity or misfortune that could happen has and or will occur to them

but for me this is a divisional game , regardless of record does not matter this time either . Bills will need to become consistent with winning in the AFC east. Until then its just peeing your name in a snow bank.

Go Bills

Edited by 3rdand12

Its time to know who the real Buffalo Bills are THIS WEEK!

Ive had some good discussion on the shout box where certain members kept saying the Jets are terrible and Geno is the worse QB in the League. A poster even told me that there was no way in hell the Bills were going to lose to the 1-6 Jets.

Lets revisit the Jets: 1-6 record. They have played against the Raiders and won, then look at this schedule: Packers( 5-2), Bears(3-4), Lions (5-2), Chargers( 5-3), Broncos (6-1) and Patriots (5-2). The Jets have played against teams that are fighting for Playoffs and or SB contenders.

Lets revisit the Bills: OT win in Chicago, Great win vs Dolphins, Loss to Chargers, Loss to Houston, Win over Detroit (where the FG kicker went 0-3), Loss to Patriots, Win over Vikings on a last second TD.

A win is a win is a win...however, the Bills could have easily been 1-6 as well if not for Fredex in game 1, a shi.t kicker vs Detroit, and a great 4th and 20 against the Viks.

The point Im trying to make is that the Bills and Forum members cannot take this game lightly. The Jets have been blown out in 1 only game vs the Chargers.

The Bills franchise is like a prom date, Shell go out with you to the ball, but at the end of the night, shes makin love to some other guy. She'll rip your heart out and throw it away. The next day she will call to apologize and you will accept it over and over and over. ( maybe even for 14 years )

IN conclusion, Tomorrow, we will see who the Bills really are.

Cheers,

Curitiba to the Playoffs in 2014

( BTW, the Bills are 3 point dogs...how can that be against a 1-6 team? ....TREAD LIGHTLY MY FRIENDS, TREAD LIGHTLY!!! )

I feel like I hear this every week. Every week the team reveals itself. This week is no different. I am pretty concerned about this game though.

It seems like all week people have been pointing to the teams the jets have played so far as the reason they're 1-6 and using that as justification for saying the Jets are better than their record suggests. While I agree they have had a tough schedule, what I personally take away from the bolded section is that in their 7 games, the Jests and Bills have played 4 common opponents. The Jests are 0-4 against these teams while the Bills are 2-2. Furthermore, the Bills 2 wins (Chicago and Detroit) came on the road, while the Jests got to play these teams at home. It seems to me that If you're going to point to the Jests brutal schedule as the reason for their failures so far, then you should also be giving the Bills credit for their successes against some of those same teams, but I don't see that happening nearly as much as I see the Jest excuse making.

Thanks for restoring sanity to the conversation.

If the Bills lose this game against the Jets it probably won't be because the Jets beat them. It will more likely be that the Bills beat themselves.

I think the Bills are a far superior team on paper. That should translate into a win. If it doesn't it will be because the Bills effed up by fumbling or throwing picks or by giving up a special teams touchdown or something like that. I am not worried at all about the Jets outplaying and out competing the Bills.

If the Bills are close to mistake free, then they win this game relatively easily.

Geno friggin sucks man. Come on. They have the worst QB tandem in the league.

Edited by PolishDave

This is clearly a crossroads game, a win keeps Buffalo in the race....a loss moves New England & Miami up and provides hope for the Jets (assuming both pats and dolphins win )

A true PLAYOFF team wins this game, the pretenders go home..........

Edited by HOUSE