The final drive [video]

QCity

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1) The key to most successful 2-minute drives is having a fleet-footed RB as an outlet to dump the ball off to. We didn't have that yesterday.

I think you could actually argue that that can hurt you. You don't want your QB to dink and dunk down the field in most circumstances.

This last three minutes really was amazing. Pretty much a summary of the game too. How many times did we shoot ourselves in the foot on that final drive? Yet we still somehow pulled it off.

1. Sack

2. False start

3. Sack

4. Chandler drops a first down pass

5. Intentional grounding

And we scored a TD on that drive!?

That says a ton about the QB. All three games Orton has played in he has put together some pretty impressive drives late in the game. Can't deny that. Just need him to hold onto the ball in the pocket. I can deal with him averaging 1 int a game because he moves the ball so well and is completing 68% of his passes.

The false start and Hogan's spot were bad, but I don't know if I can fault the IG call (other than refusing to call it on other QB's *cough*Brady). And good thing Sammy got a hand on that bad pass by Orton because that was going to be INT'd.

I tried hard to concentrate on OL play on this video....

Richardson has become the new whipping boy and perhaps deservingly so.....but I would just like to point out he was only beat cleanly on ONE snap on this drive........he....along with the REST of the OL are not

giving Orton a clean pocket

and

not sustaining their blocks to allow Orton to "climb" the pocket

Orton is trying to move around within the pocket at times and when he slides up he is getting hit by a D linemen.....the OL is not sustaining their pass protection blocks

Kinda crazy just how much space he had in such a tight field.

post-13793-0-70244000-1413857822_thumb.jpg

post-13793-0-09050300-1413857834_thumb.jpg

That's actually a very tough throw, there isn't much room after his break. They played Watkins inside to force a perfect throw and Orton delivered.

Also noticed Hogan hit the ground with 18 seconds left, the refs spotted the ball at the 7 second mark. That needs to be quicker, the Bills were lined up and waiting.

Anyone have a clip of the ending kickoff? they Duke Williams put a huge hit on Patterson.

yes, then he looked down at him for several seconds. i was screaming at the TV, don't get a stupid taunting penalty!

Even know I know what happens, I still got that sick feeling in my stomach before the snap of that 4th and 20.

Two penalties, two sacks, and a 4th and 20 all on that last drive. I'm shocked the Vikings DC is still employed today. Can you imagine if the reverse happened how many "Fire Schwartz now!" posts there would be here? :)

Two penalties, two sacks, and a 4th and 20 all on that last drive. I'm shocked the Vikings DC is still employed today. Can you imagine if the reverse happened how many "Fire Schwartz now!" posts there would be here? :)

The funny thing is that the Vikes did just about everything right on that drive. Just some great individual plays/one-on-one victories by our guys.