The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anybody have thoughts on story lines for the 2nd half of season 6? A lot of things got resolved in last night's episode. There aren't many loose ends and although I expect the last 3 or so episodes to develop some new big stories, I'm wondering what will happen in the next few.

Here is what i see will happen in the near term stories:

Focus on Carl and his health, Denise takes charge as a doc.

Based on the previews it looks like they do some exploring. It showed Daryl and Rick. I'm not sure what to expect there. There will probably be some sort of multiple week threat.

Re-building/modifying walls.

I don't think the repercussions from Daryl whacking Negan's boys will come into play right away.

Deanna's son Spencer will have more of a role...not sure whether good or bad,

Father Gabe, Eugene, and some others gain strength.

Carol and Morgan somehow find a balance and have a delicate alliance that gets stronger as time passes.

I think Aaron/Glenn/Maggie love triangle resolves quickly and I no longer think it becomes a major factor.

Enid/Carl officially become an item.

I hope Heath gets more of a role.

Searching on line for some re-caps I saw a funny line with a prediction. i wish i could take credit for it:

Rick is going to re-build the wall and make the walkers pay for it.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Fantastic episode! RPG > biker gang with serious firepower. Talk about a complete reversal of fortune (whose eating a $@ sandwich now....)

Here is my short term story theory: continue to rebuild Alexandria while one of their gatherer groups will make contact with another group similar to their own. A few episodes back, Abraham and Daryl drove through a skirmish line set up by some of Negan's people that did not appear to be set up for them. I believe that Negan's forces were fighting with another group and Abraham/Socha and Daryl came along at the wrong time. They will meet and ally themselves with that group.

Long term theory: they will be in Alexandria for several seasons. They will find several other groups that were all drawn to the DC area with the hopes that those in the nations capital have found a cure and ended up setting up their own walled communities on par with Alexandria. These walled communities will be similar to those set up during the medieval times. Some communities will ally themselves with others and barter or trade with each other for goods and services while other groups will simply want to take through force what these communities have.

Here is my short term story theory: continue to rebuild Alexandria while one of their gatherer groups will make contact with another group similar to their own. A few episodes back, Abraham and Daryl drove through a skirmish line set up by some of Negan's people that did not appear to be set up for them. I believe that Negan's forces were fighting with another group and Abraham/Socha and Daryl came along at the wrong time.

Really? You just totally missed that, didn't you? Negan's forces were looking for the runaways that Daryl ran in to.

Really? You just totally missed that, didn't you? Negan's forces were looking for the runaways that Daryl ran in to.

Are you referring to those thugs that kept talking about 'the code' that beat Rick nearly to a pulp a couple seasons ago?

Are you referring to those thugs that kept talking about 'the code' that beat Rick nearly to a pulp a couple seasons ago?

I believe he's referring to the guy and two girls who Daryl met up with earlier this season. They were on the run from Negan's group. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

I believe he's referring to the guy and two girls who Daryl met up with earlier this season. They were on the run from Negan's group.

okay - that makes sense. I forgot about them.

I've got to admit, I laughed out loud when they got RPG'd. :lol:

Edited by Azalin

Didn't miss anything. Your probably right that it could have been a checkpoint to catch the runaways, but it seemed like a great deal of firepower devoted to a guy and two girls on the run. Just my opinion, but it seemed like Negan's people were preparing for a larger engagement and maybe these people took off prior to the conflict.

Edited by Flutie Flakes

Didn't miss anything. Your probably right that it could have been a checkpoint to catch the runaways, but it seemed like a great deal of firepower devoted to a guy and two girls on the run. Just my opinion, but it seemed like Negan's people were preparing for a larger engagement and maybe these people took off prior to the conflict.

So you didn't miss it...you just chose to ignore it.

What an amazing episode!

I cant remember the last time an episode was so good.

Am I the only one who was kinda happy when Carl got shot in the eye? lol

CBF

That was in the comics.

Spoiler alert: (I don't know how to use the spoiler blackout option)

Speculation has Darryl being the one to get his head smashed in by Negan instead of Glen. Since he's filming a new series and with the car being spotted during his RPG awesomeness of Negan's group. Word flying around was that it was Negan in the car and Darryl is killed as revenge.

That was in the comics.

Spoiler alert: (I don't know how to use the spoiler blackout option)

Speculation has Darryl being the one to get his head smashed in by Negan instead of Glen. Since he's filming a new series and with the car being spotted during his RPG awesomeness of Negan's group. Word flying around was that it was Negan in the car and Darryl is killed as revenge.

Could just as easily be Abraham (who was out front, while Darryl was behind the truck. And being bigger and more recognizable, was more likely to be seen. And for several other reasons several articles use to justify speculating Darryl gets killed.)

I suspect it'll be Darryl, too. But I'm not positive. And honestly...after the "is he or isn't he" bull **** with Glenn, I rather hope it's him.

Could just as easily be Abraham (who was out front, while Darryl was behind the truck. And being bigger and more recognizable, was more likely to be seen. And for several other reasons several articles use to justify speculating Darryl gets killed.)

I suspect it'll be Darryl, too. But I'm not positive. And honestly...after the "is he or isn't he" bull **** with Glenn, I rather hope it's him.

I'm leaning toward thinking it will be Glen if they go conventional. I think Negan will know it was Daryl that shot the rocket. I'm not sure whether it was him in the car or simply someone who will tell him what happened. It doesn't really matter. Even if the car was just a production mistake, there could have been "someone hiding in the woods".

I don't think Negan will kill Daryl simply because I think he will recognize that he can use someone like Daryl. I don't think he'll want to be predictable, but he'll want to show he is in charge. Daryl smoked about 8 of his guys so killing Daryl doesn't even get him back to even. It could make him look weak. Killing an innocent would show he doesn't really care who gets killed....his 8 guys or Glen or whoever. He just wants to show he is in charge.

I think it could also be someone other than Glen or Daryl that gets whacked. Other candidates include:

Rick: No way

Carl: Seriously doubt it

Heath: Only if they seriously build his story line in the next few weeks

Abe: Possible

Pregnant Maggie: Maybe too harsh for even this show

Gabe/Geno/Spencer/Rosita/Un-gayed guy/Denise/lots of others: Not impactful enough

Sasha: Not quite impactful enough....one of my favorites though

Michonne: Hope not...I think it is somewhat possible

Here is my bet:

Carol and Morgan develop this deeper more symbiotic relationship over the next few weeks. Everyone at Alexandria recognizes they are so different now and will see the value in both of their philosophies. As Rick brings a consensus together among the group, Carol and Morgan's input will provide a stability and sense of balance.

Negan will whack them both.

That is a total guess and I realize it is off the wall a bit. My second guess would be Glen with Daryl, Michonne and Abe tied for third.