The Walking Dead Return

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seriously? !@#$ing cop-out.

You know what's worse in my mind? All these people caught by the herd but not completely devoured. Nick, the guy on the fence... How is there any of them left to actually turn. Back when T-dog was killed, all that was left of him was a rib cage.

I had a hunch that those was Nick's innards they showed.

Glenn returns, tries to save Enid from her self imposed exile and brings her back to the mob.

And the wall comes tumbling down. From the get go when they showed the house crumbling I knew something was up.

Porchdicks son is going to get himself killed or severely (b)eaten.

Any engineers that can weigh in on whether that wooden tower would have taken down the wall or just broken over the top of it?

I don't think Morgan is going to make it through the season, even though I very much hope he does. The all life is precious approach is interesting in a lot of ways. I can see Rick trying to listen and trying to listen to voices from Alexandria like Deanna but ending feeling like he has to do everything himself. Michonne seems to be open to listening to others. I can see Rick starting to listen as the season rolls along and them Negan takes out Morgan and it sends Rick reeling. There are definitely parallels to earlier in the series. Morgan pointed out how he would have killed Rick if he could have back in the "Clear" episode, but Rick would not have killed Morgan. The prisoner Morgan is keeping and Rick would kill.....is he that different from the one Rick wanted to let live and Shane wanted to kill?

The Glenn thing was lame but it is a blip in the overall series.

I liked the episode. Was it realistic that Glenn didn't get a single bite? Well is anything in this show realistic at all? SUCKS that next week is the mid-season finale and it won't be back for months. But there is a huge opportunity for an epic cliffhanger I suppose. I'm thinking the fuel truck and rpg's make an appearance next week for sure.

Anyone keeping up with Fear's web series? That asian woman seems to know an awful lot about what's going on considering this is the very beginning of the outbreak.

Seriously? !@#$ing cop-out.

I think the worst part of the Glenn thing was how much of him wound up being exposed while Nick was torn apart. Not one walker got a piece of him?

Yeah...his legs were totally exposed, with dozens of walkers grabbing at only Nicholas? You definitely need to suspend reality when watching these shows.

It's a cop out but I like Glenn so no biggie.

Yeah...his legs were totally exposed, with dozens of walkers grabbing at only Nicholas? You definitely need to suspend reality when watching these shows.

Their real mistake was not ending that episode with the them falling off the dumpster. Instead they wanted to push for another of their over the top crazy visuals. This one failed miserably though. Also, if they really wanted to shock people, the would have included him as a death on Talking Dead. That would have been the only way to not have at least half of the viewers expecting him to walk back into town any second now.

I liked the episode. Was it realistic that Glenn didn't get a single bite? Well is anything in this show realistic at all? SUCKS that next week is the mid-season finale and it won't be back for months. But there is a huge opportunity for an epic cliffhanger I suppose. I'm thinking the fuel truck and rpg's make an appearance next week for sure.

Anyone keeping up with Fear's web series? That asian woman seems to know an awful lot about what's going on considering this is the very beginning of the outbreak.

Little things in the show frustrate me. Like why wouldn't he take the Hummer when he took the rpg's? They certainly could use that thing.

Their real mistake was not ending that episode with the them falling off the dumpster. Instead they wanted to push for another of their over the top crazy visuals. This one failed miserably though. Also, if they really wanted to shock people, the would have included him as a death on Talking Dead. That would have been the only way to not have at least half of the viewers expecting him to walk back into town any second now.

They never should gone to a one hour format for that show. Just not enough there to carry it and remain interesting. Audience questions are lame filler.

From the get go when they showed the house crumbling I knew something was up.

just a subtle hint there...huh...

So this was a pretty lame episode to say the least.

Glenn slides under the dumpster and the herd eventually wonders away...His face was exposed and not one walker went for it...it really doesn't bother me too much though, Jack Bower got out of worse situations and I enjoyed that show.

I love how the last cliff hanger scene from a previous show was the blood oozing through the wall...holy crap, what's going on right?

Rick see's is and is like meh, no big deal...

Then he spends the whole episode shoring up the wall to make sure it doesn't cause an issue and a building falls.... :doh:

Weren't they using that tower as a lookout when they first got there? that's an ideal vantage point and someone would have noticed the decay if it was still in use.

"Porchdicks" boy wants to off Curl...Get in line bud...

The most interesting part was Rick starting to care for the people of Alexandria. Telling Deanna that he could have made a run for the car instead of saving her son.

How is the wolf going to play into the story going forward? I don't see the point, but he will F*#k something up...

Leads me to believe the call for help on the radio was from Alexandria...

On The Talking Dead last night, they gave a decent justification for the story arc: they were trying to let the viewers experience the uncertainty the characters (e.g. Maggie) would experience in that situation, not knowing if Glenn is alive or dead.

It's actually a pretty good rationale. My primary objection is that they executed it SO badly. They did a better job of capturing that with the Sophia arc in season 2. This felt less like "uncertainty" than it did audience manipulation.

I liked the episode. Was it realistic that Glenn didn't get a single bite? Well is anything in this show realistic at all?

It's about zombies, so...no.

On The Talking Dead last night, they gave a decent justification for the story arc: they were trying to let the viewers experience the uncertainty the characters (e.g. Maggie) would experience in that situation, not knowing if Glenn is alive or dead.

It's actually a pretty good rationale. My primary objection is that they executed it SO badly. They did a better job of capturing that with the Sophia arc in season 2. This felt less like "uncertainty" than it did audience manipulation.

It is a good rationale, and I agree it was poorly executed. I can't stomach that damn Talking Dead show, though -- the host just irritates the hell out of me.

1. How is the wolf going to play into the story going forward? I don't see the point, but he will F*#k something up...

2. Leads me to believe the call for help on the radio was from Alexandria...

1. The wolf could end up accidentally saving something along the lines of what Morgan said. When Rick didn't kill him, he ended up saving Aaron and Daryl much later. I don't think the wolf will turn into a good guy but he may end up distracting some walkers away from a main character...like Rick, or doing something that give the larger group an idea of how to survive better. The Wolves had no guns yet survived for all that time, there must be something there to learn. In some ways Morgan has gone the the wringer more than anyone else. But he is still learning a lesson. The all life is precious theme...it can't work without biting you eventually, but if you totally lose it as a premise like Carol saying the only wy to not be a monster is to kill....can that be good either? To me this is the most interesting part of the story line right now. Deanna, her son and Rick is part of it too.

2. Yup..has to be.

other than the parts seen on TV. No but I agree she is too damn interested and or knowledgeable

I agree but the part about Maggie is weird. She wanted Glenn to come back but also spent a lot of time un-gaying Aaron. Was she just hedging her bets?

other than the parts seen on TV. No but I agree she is too damn interested and or knowledgeable

They have said that is the plane that was flying over the neighborhood in FTWD. Did that plane eventually crash? It was wobbly which means something was going on with the pilots right? Does it make sense that anyone could get out at all and maybe turn into a character on that show? It would have to be the Asian lady or the kid only.....or both.

1. The wolf could end up accidentally saving something along the lines of what Morgan said. When Rick didn't kill him, he ended up saving Aaron and Daryl much later. I don't think the wolf will turn into a good guy but he may end up distracting some walkers away from a main character...like Rick, or doing something that give the larger group an idea of how to survive better. The Wolves had no guns yet survived for all that time, there must be something there to learn. In some ways Morgan has gone the the wringer more than anyone else. But he is still learning a lesson. The all life is precious theme...it can't work without biting you eventually, but if you totally lose it as a premise like Carol saying the only wy to not be a monster is to kill....can that be good either? To me this is the most interesting part of the story line right now. Deanna, her son and Rick is part of it too.

I was going to write something about the wolf either saving or trying to kill Morgan. But there could be more to it, it would be cool if there was something the wolves did with the walkers that no one really knows about. They set that trap with all those walkers, it was pretty involved staging all of them in the trucks, so you might be on to something...

Forgot about Rick taking down Gabriel's sign's, that was pretty funny...

I was going to write something about the wolf either saving or trying to kill Morgan. But there could be more to it, it would be cool if there was something the wolves did with the walkers that no one really knows about. They set that trap with all those walkers, it was pretty involved staging all of them in the trucks, so you might be on to something...

Forgot about Rick taking down Gabriel's sign's, that was pretty funny...

The thing with Rick and Gabriel was interesting. I think even Carl looked at him funny for doing it. It went with the theme of Rick judging things to quickly and taking everything on his own shoulders.

As for the Wolves, they did control a lot of walkers in those trucks and at that warehouse. I don't know that he/they would use their tricks to help anyone else. I really don't think that wolf individual is going to convert because of Morgan either....but something will happen. My best guess is that whatever happens saves Carol and that she begins to modify toward Morgan's line of thinking....they are definitely polar opposites right now. Once Carol modifies, that will be the last straw on the camel's back and Rick will adjust. Then again the opposite could happen. The Wolf could kill doctor Denise and leave the town at square 1 again right after a battle. Whatever this is might happen next episode but will take a few more episodes to digest.

The other big thing there is that Carol dumped Judith off with Jessie. Who is to blame for that? Carol because she left her post? Morgan because he was doing something that needed to be investigated? If Judith's fate is a bad one or an unknown, Rick's reaction to it could be telling. Maybe nothing will happen with Judith but didn't someone say she was starting to look more like Lori? Uh oh?

Next week is the mid season finale and it has to be all about zombies. The wall caved in and they're all coming in. It will be all about action and a lot of stuff will happen. There won't be any time for resolving the Rick/Morgan/Carol or Maggie/Glenn story lines. I think Ron may get resolved. The ones I don't know about are Deanna and Spencer. I can see either or both of them either emerging as bigger influences or dying next week. I hate to say it but I think Deanna is going to die. I think the least complex part is that Daryl/Sasha/Abe will distract a bunch of the zombies by starting a fire that they walk into.

Second half of the season:

Rick struggles with his leadership style

Glenn/Maggie are lovey dovey with a baby on the way. Aaron gets jealous.

Gabriel becomes more of a good guy

Daryl/Abe/Sasha/Rosita/Eugene/some others - more of the same

Carol/Morgan struggle although possibly somewhat amicably

Deanna/Spencer either emerge as prominent figures or die

Guy who helped Rick with the fence...probably dead

Heath will emerge....Michonne will see him....already does....as an example of why Rick needs to be more inclusive

Dr. Denise will emerge

Tara will become more prominent