The Walking Dead Return

This is probably one of my favorite shows on TV right now but this half season has been thoroughly disappointing. Everything just seems so rushed and while FINALLY seeing Jesus is awesome, no one cares about anything else. I think the fans just want to get to the Rick vs Saviors battle but we all know we'll have to wait until next season for that. I doubt we'll see Negan until the season finale.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is probably one of my favorite shows on TV right now but this half season has been thoroughly disappointing. Everything just seems so rushed and while FINALLY seeing Jesus is awesome, no one cares about anything else. I think the fans just want to get to the Rick vs Saviors battle but we all know we'll have to wait until next season for that. I doubt we'll see Negan until the season finale.

Umm, not everyone has read the graphic novels -- in fact, I'm sure those who have are in the significant minority.

The last four episodes have been fantastic.

It's amazing how quickly Alexandria has become nothing but red shirts. We know the names of maybe 4 of them at this point: Spencer, Denise, Heath, and Enid. We can name almost as many Hilltop people already (granted, they're very fresh in our memory).

It's amazing how quickly Alexandria has become nothing but red shirts. We know the names of maybe 4 of them at this point: Spencer, Denise, Heath, and Enid. We can name almost as many Hilltop people already (granted, they're very fresh in our memory).

Are forgetting Aaron or did Maggie un-Alexandria him at the same time she un-gayed him?

Are forgetting Aaron or did Maggie un-Alexandria him at the same time she un-gayed him?

I did forget about him. We haven't seen much of him so far over these three episodes.We'll see if that changes (and Heath too, now that I mention it).

FYI, there is a major death at the end of the season finale. But we don't know who dies until the Season 7 premiere.

After the **** they pulled the first half of this season, I'm going to go postal if it's Glenn.

FYI, there is a major death at the end of the season finale. But we don't know who dies until the Season 7 premiere.

After the **** they pulled the first half of this season, I'm going to go postal if it's Glenn.

I hope they don't pull that trick.

Not really a spoiler but look away if you must:

I read somewhere that the cast was really broken up when they read the script for the finale. To me that says they know who gets it and it won't be a cliffhanger. Who knows?

My Carol + Morgan theory took a slight hit this week IMO, but the next few episodes could set up that scenario. I have to say I do think Glen is right up there on the possible hit list. I think Michonne's odds went up because her loss would take so much away from Rick at this point. Maggie distracting Negan and him only lasting one episode is still possible. Gregory is like putty in her hands already.

I think in season 7 one of the small stories they will deal with will be Spencer getting all freaky and getting turned on by the zombies. I think it is gross and bad writing but they'll do it because he'll be like Norman Bates who has lost "mother" when he killed zombie Deanna. It will create danger and get someone killed. Probably Eugene because he is desperate for action. If you look closely you can see that story developing. Gross.

I find the lack of food and lack of ammo stories a bit contrived. In the prison story line, the group had both crops and cattle in less space. The group also seems to find weapons with the greatest of ease - everything from rifles to RPGs. You couldn't ask for more access to military grade weapons and caches of ammo considering Virginia is home to countless modern day military bases. If you go back to the first season, how many pieces of equipment did Rick walk and the group walk by on the way to the CDC?

It'd be interesting to see the group destroy Negan's base and Negan then occupies Alexandria under a reign of terror with the group on the outside looking in.

That was interesting.

It's a zombie show so I suppose it isn't supposed to be believable but all those Saviors sure do sleep soundly. The attack seemed implausible.

Setting that aside, it was crazy. I know Negan's group is brutal and all, but how is Rick's group not the "bad guys" now? If you're Negan you have no choice but to slaughter them all right? I'll stay with my guess that Carol and Morgan are the ones to get it from Negan at the end although that is speculation. There are a lot of ways they could go. Morgan's point of view has to have a vehicle. The group has swung way too far the other way. If Morgan gets it, Rick will be forced to remember how Morgan saved him in the beginning and he got Morgan killed by not listening to him. Carol's viewpoints appear to be changing. A good Carol/Morgan conversation is necessary but I don't see how they do it with Carol being gone. There are a lot of other candidates for Negan's vengeance. Even pregnant Maggie is in play at this point but I still doubt that.

I'm starting to think Abe makes it through and Heath gets it. They built his character up a little last night and developed a connection with Glen. Glen kept him innocent after losing his own innocence.

So, what was that place? It couldn't have been Negan's main base, maybe some sort of satellite site to collect on his deals? Rick's crew must have killed 20 people there, plus Daryl knocked out another 5 previously, how many Savior's are there? Sounds like this is a very large group...

Carol can turn the bad ass on and off at the flip of a switch. I love Carol's diary of kills...18!

Was that dude being held hostage the most unhappy person to be freed ever? no reaction whatsoever...

The pictures of Lucille's damage are pretty telling, someone is going to get their brains bashed in...These are not good people and Rick and crew made the right call to go on the offensive. But Leaving Carol and Maggie behind will be their undoing...

Funny line from another site in reference to the hash stash..."No wonder the Saviors need half of everyone's food, they got the munchies really bad"

The warrior priest has arrived...

Very intense episode. Rick's crew is well organized, but Negan's crew is ruthless.

That was interesting.

It's a zombie show so I suppose it isn't supposed to be believable but all those Saviors sure do sleep soundly. The attack seemed implausible.

Setting that aside, it was crazy. I know Negan's group is brutal and all, but how is Rick's group not the "bad guys" now? If you're Negan you have no choice but to slaughter them all right? I'll stay with my guess that Carol and Morgan are the ones to get it from Negan at the end although that is speculation. There are a lot of ways they could go. Morgan's point of view has to have a vehicle. The group has swung way too far the other way. If Morgan gets it, Rick will be forced to remember how Morgan saved him in the beginning and he got Morgan killed by not listening to him. Carol's viewpoints appear to be changing. A good Carol/Morgan conversation is necessary but I don't see how they do it with Carol being gone. There are a lot of other candidates for Negan's vengeance. Even pregnant Maggie is in play at this point but I still doubt that.

I'm starting to think Abe makes it through and Heath gets it. They built his character up a little last night and developed a connection with Glen. Glen kept him innocent after losing his own innocence.

No, Abraham dies. If Negan's crew doesn't get him, Rosita will for that awful "I thought you were the last woman on earth. You're not" breakup.

Here's what'll happen:

Abe gets a crossbow bolt in the eye, from Daryl's crossbow, from the guy who took it, in the next-to-last episode of the season. Someone gets tattooed by Lucille in the last shot of the season...they'll fudge the camerawork so it looks like Glenn, then let us wonder until they reveal in the start of season 7 that it was actually Daryl, kneeling next to Glenn, that gets his head bashed in.

No, Abraham dies. If Negan's crew doesn't get him, Rosita will for that awful "I thought you were the last woman on earth. You're not" breakup.

Here's what'll happen:

Abe gets a crossbow bolt in the eye, from Daryl's crossbow, from the guy who took it, in the next-to-last episode of the season. Someone gets tattooed by Lucille in the last shot of the season...they'll fudge the camerawork so it looks like Glenn, then let us wonder until they reveal in the start of season 7 that it was actually Daryl, kneeling next to Glenn, that gets his head bashed in.

I read your spoiler and disagree. Here's why:

I realize that Abe gets it exactly that way in the comic book but Kirkman has been quoted long ago as saying one of his biggest regrets was killing off Abe. He said there was more story to tell there. I think Heath dies that way while out on his run with Tara. I can definitely see the Lucille thing going down in the exact way you mentioned...I hope not but could see it. But Morgan's view of the world will be shown as valuable over the next few weeks. Killing him off after that would devastate Rick which is what Negan will be trying to do. Adding Carol to the mix rounds it out. I thought Maggie was off the table but am not so sure any more. With those polaroids getting taken of Negan's victim, and Maggie having burned the polaroid of herself....could Negan fling a polaroid of a dead Maggie at Glen for him to remember? I think it is a longshot but it would be heart wrenching.

What do you think about Spencer maybe going Norman Bates and hitting on walkers in season 7? I think it happens.

Edited by 4merper4mer

The warrior priest has arrived...

He needs to work on his lines a little bit, but give him some time and I bet he turns into Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction. It's amazing how quickly this show can redeem/ruin a character if they really want to. They've finally made Gabriel interesting, but at the same time, they're kind of ruining Carol. She was the original amazing character reinvention. I'm guessing she and Abe aren't long for this world though. It seems like when they start destroying a character, they're dead shortly after (Tyreese).

He needs to work on his lines a little bit, but give him some time and I bet he turns into Samuel Jackson in Pulp Fiction. It's amazing how quickly this show can redeem/ruin a character if they really want to. They've finally made Gabriel interesting, but at the same time, they're kind of ruining Carol. She was the original amazing character reinvention. I'm guessing she and Abe aren't long for this world though. It seems like when they start destroying a character, they're dead shortly after (Tyreese).

I don't think Carol being introspective about the people she has killed is "ruining" her character. I do think Gabe getting some backbone puts some umph in his character that was never there.

The group always asks those three questions:

How many walkers have you killed?

How many people have you killed?

Why?

Answer #3 just got a little tougher if they were asking themselves. Especially for Glen. They may have had no choice but that is not clearcut. Until this week it was clearcut with few exceptions.

Answer #3 just got a little tougher if they were asking themselves. Especially for Glen. They may have had no choice but that is not clearcut. Until this week it was clearcut with few exceptions.

And it will never be clearcut anymore. Any attack from Negan's group is a response to this raid. Yeah they're brutal (those pictures of Lucile's dirty work), but they may not have gone after Rick's group if they had met under different circumstances.

And it will never be clearcut anymore. Any attack from Negan's group is a response to this raid. Yeah they're brutal (those pictures of Lucile's dirty work), but they may not have gone after Rick's group if they had met under different circumstances.

I guess they can say Sasha and Abe were about to be goners as justification but man knifing a guy through the head while he sleeps.......I have to believe this will have an impact on Glen, especially with Maggie captive. The rest of this season can't help but be great.

At the moment I think Rick is off the deep end a bit; they'll have to regroup quickly. They killed a whole boatload of those dudes. I'm not sure why Negan's group wouldn't just flat wipe them out. The actor they got for Negan is really good. Next season will be great.

I was a little confused by the whole "I've never killed anyone before" thing from Glenn. Did he seriously not kill anyone during the escape from Terminus or any firefight with the Governor? If it was specifically a cold blooded murder thing, has anyone other than Carol or Rick done that?

I was a little confused by the whole "I've never killed anyone before" thing from Glenn. Did he seriously not kill anyone during the escape from Terminus or any firefight with the Governor? If it was specifically a cold blooded murder thing, has anyone other than Carol or Rick done that?

I don't think had ever killed anyone. They alluded to it a few times. It wasn't a Morgan thing as if he was against it, it just never happened. Pretty brutal for his first one to be a sleeping dude.

As for the cold blooded murder thing I guess it depends on how you define it. Daryl with the rocket? Morgan definitely did before he changed. Michonne? Carl wanted to but Herschel...I think Herschel....stopped him.