A Football Life-Doug Flutie

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doug Flutie – Football Life to air this week

hi-res-72563314_crop_exact.jpg?w=1500&h=1500&q=85

NFL Network’s series A Football Life will document Flutie’s career Friday, October 17 at 9 p.m. ET. The one-hour, NFL Films-produced documentary focuses on Flutie’s football career, beginning in high school, through his time at Boston College and ending with his professional career in both the NFL and CFL. The show focuses on Flutie’s constant adversity due to his small stature and how he was able to overcome his height.Bills former Director of Pro Personnel A.J. Smith and former Bills head coach Wade Phillips are among those interviewed in the special.

Thanks our last qb with a winning record. Will never understand the hate for him.

Me too, he brought a since unmatched level of excitement to the Bills. Remember the naked bootleg that won the game....awesome.

Remember who started at QB the season before? There is even a case that he saved the Bills in Buffalo.

Sure he was at the end of his career and was misused by the coaching staff but it was a lot of fun.

I will watch, that's for sure. If only to see Rob Johnson's banana just one more time.

If hey mention Buffalo at all it will probably be only a sentence or two before or after a commercial.

Its too big a part of his story for them not to spend significant time on it. Flutie's best NFL years came leading the Bills to two playoff seasons. Alos his departure from Buffalo in favor of the prototypical QB Rob Johnson is too good of a story. Overall if you don't talk about Flutie's Buffalo years than you aren't doing the doc right.

Me too, he brought a since unmatched level of excitement to the Bills. Remember the naked bootleg that won the game....awesome.

Remember who started at QB the season before? There is even a case that he saved the Bills in Buffalo.

Sure he was at the end of his career and was misused by the coaching staff but it was a lot of fun.

I will watch, that's for sure. If only to see Rob Johnson's banana just one more time.

Misused? Flutie was a game manager but because he was short people wanted to believe he was magical. The truth is he was medicore. I can say this now as a Flutie hater and RJ supporter. yes Flutie was a better QB than RJ. Yet to me the issue wasn't that it was seeing if RJ could become better on the field but we'll never know. As everyone wants to forget RJ's games against the Rams and 49ers before the famed bootleg. I mean if the Bills D doesn't fall apart late against the Rams the Bills would have had a 2 game winning streak under RJ but people want to forget about that.

Edited by The Jokeman

Misused? Flutie was a game manager but because he was short people wanted to believe he was magical. The truth is he was medicore.

People always forget that the defense was one of the best in the league during the years Flutie was here. Also Flutie is 5 foot 10 not really that short compared to a regular person.