A Football Life-Doug Flutie

God I'm so tired o hearing that horse ****. Yes, it was a good defense, but if that defense was so dominant why couldn't they win a goddamn thing when Flutie wasn't playing.

This kind of crap makes me think the Bills deserve the curse. A dynamic but unconventional player comes in, makes us a winning team, and because he didn't put up big stats people say he just rode the coat tails of the defense. He played to win the game, unlike that California candy ass who kept taking sacks to protect his damn rating.

There is no curse. Flutie sucked. Johnson sucked.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God I'm so tired o hearing that horse ****. Yes, it was a good defense, but if that defense was so dominant why couldn't they win a goddamn thing when Flutie wasn't playing.

In 1999 Flutie started the first 15 games. The last game of the 1999 season Johnson started and the Bills won. So in fact the Bills did win, and quite convincingly (31 to 6), "when Flutie wasn't playing". Flutie was a one trick pony that the league had figured out.

Second best QB in Bills history. No question.

Jack Kemp? Joe Ferguson?

i am guessing you are in your 20s or younger?

i see your knowledge of this is limited too. they held TN offense to 13 points and had the lead with 10 secs left. that team was all defense.

The Bills D was good during Flutie's years here, but he played behind one of the Bills' worst Olines (and based on what we have seen the last 15 years, that is saying something). Johnson may have been more successful if he had decent protection. Flutie was able to make big plays in spite of a lack of competent pass protection.

In 1999 Flutie started the first 15 games. The last game of the 1999 season Johnson started and the Bills won. So in fact the Bills did win, and quite convincingly (31 to 6), "when Flutie wasn't playing". Flutie was a one trick pony that the league had figured out.

That's 1 game against a horrid D that was playing its back ups. Look at RJ'S W/L record while he was here and get back to me.

Look it up. D gave up 249 yards/game in 99, #1 overall and had to bring it all day long every game because their starting QB was incapable of throwing a simple out pattern.

Look it up. D gave up 249 yards/game in 99, #1 overall and had to bring it all day long every game because their starting QB was incapable of throwing a simple out pattern.

You can say that again

It never ceases to amaze me how so many otherwise intelligent Bills fans become ridiculous when it comes to Flutie.

Jack Kemp? Joe Ferguson?

i am guessing you are in your 20s or younger?

i see your knowledge of this is limited too. they held TN offense to 13 points and had the lead with 10 secs left. that team was all defense.

I already discussed Kemp & Fergie.

As to the second one, I never said the defense wasn't the strength of that team. But Flutie did the things that enable a defensive team to win. Those who can't see that are either allowing emotion to cloud their judgment or have too narrow a mindset to understand that.

There is no curse. Flutie sucked. Johnson sucked.

Well, you're batting .333, but that's enough to lead the league some years.

I'd also like to point out that the Bills running game wasn't much during that time either. Decent power running, but below average overall.

Jets 34 Bills 12 Flutie was neutralized and figured out. Nice run while it lasted.

Then how do you explain him winning 6 of his last 8 before being replaced?

Well, you're batting .333, but that's enough to lead the league some years.

I'd also like to point out that the Bills running game wasn't much during that time either. Decent power running, but below average overall.

Then how do you explain him winning 6 of his last 8 before being replaced?

The Bills won the games as a team with the biggest factor being a great defense. The league realized Flutie was a very limited QB once was there was enough film on him. Next!

It never ceases to amaze me how so many otherwise intelligent Bills fans become ridiculous when it comes to Flutie.

I already discussed Kemp & Fergie.

As to the second one, I never said the defense wasn't the strength of that team. But Flutie did the things that enable a defensive team to win. Those who can't see that are either allowing emotion to cloud their judgment or have too narrow a mindset to understand that.

and i never disputed that!

but no way in hell was he better than either one of those guys! Sorry!