Orton Press'er?

CSBill

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am on the record that I feel it was too early to pull the plug on EJ as I think he has shown enough to be given more development time. That being said, I am a Bills fan first and foremost. I don't have a lot of confidence in Orton being much better, but come Sunday I will be rooting for him to be great. And I hope he is, or this is going to get even uglier. I like how he handled the presser, but speaking well and playing well do not go hand in hand. At the end of the day, he's a QB who has never been deemed good enough by any team he has played for to be the long term guy. I hope he is the second coming of Rich Gannon, a late bloomer once he found the right system and right talent. I just don't have a lot of faith of that being the case.

I also don't have a lot of faith in our OL right now or Hackett...I hope Orton is better suited for Hacketts offense because Hackett seems too stubborn to mold the offense around the players, instead choosing to force his offense on the players. If Orton can be solid, we have a real shot at the AFC East Title this year, so like I said, come Sunday I will be rooting for him to be great even though I don't high expectations at this point.

He was very impressive in front of the microphones it has to be said. He was dominating that presser nobody else, all him. I also liked the "what will you be like in the huddle?" and his "that's for me to know" answer.

If he is half as impressive on the field we have a shot guys.....

Great presser

However, I would liked to have seen a real answer as to where his mindset was in August.

I honestly don't think his answer was dodging. The bills could have likely been recruiting him before camp and he knew they had a long camp and didn't want to spend it shacked up in a dorm room.

Actually age wise Orton should be entering the prime of his career.

He's younger than Ben, Philip Rivers, a lot younger than Eli and only a year older than Eli.

Maybe this will be his opportunity to prove he is legit as a genuine starting QB in this league.

There is a chance his career will blossom in Buffalo. Certainly the table is pretty much set, so this is a golden opportunity for him.

Everyone knows he is capable of playing well. The question is can he do it consistently throughout an entire season (and playoffs of course).

Time will tell.

Actually age wise Orton should be entering the prime of his career.

He's younger than Ben, Philip Rivers, a lot younger than Eli and only a year older than Eli.

Maybe this will be his opportunity to prove he is legit as a genuine starting QB in this league.

There is a chance his career will blossom in Buffalo. Certainly the table is pretty much set, so this is a golden opportunity for him.

Everyone knows he is capable of playing well. The question is can he do it consistently throughout an entire season (and playoffs of course).

Time will tell.

Correction: that should be only a year older than Aaron Rodgers.