Bored on the plane today...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To that point, does anyone else notice that Kyle Orton stands all alone the entire game and never talks to EJ? I was down low on the Bills side for each of the last two home games and it was almost awkward.

I think it's been known that Orton is kinda of d bag. He is just here for the money. I don't blame him but it's why I wish there was a way to have Fitz as our backup. Such a better dude.

To that point, does anyone else notice that Kyle Orton stands all alone the entire game and never talks to EJ? I was down low on the Bills side for each of the last two home games and it was almost awkward.

That's interesting. I guess they're not !@#$ing around with pretense. Orton's here because he wants to take EJ's job, they both know it, and any claims to the contrary are just window dressing, but you'd think they'd front a little.

Believe me he is. What do Edwards and Manuel seem to have in common? Can't get WR's real NFL numbers. Can't put up real NFL passing numbers. Fitz was able to do it. We have a top 5 WR corps in the league talent wise. There is no excuse for them not have real NFL numbers. Manuel is literally costing Woods and Mike Williams money on their next contracts as we speak. All that being said, I wouldn't trade Manuel for Fitzpatrick but today, Fitzpatrick is a better NFL QB. Actually it's not really that close.

I'm not so much worried about numbers as I am WINS. However, Orton would put up scary numbers with the talent on this offense. (No I'm not calling for Orton to be the starter)

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these mothereffin' (EJ threads) on this mothereffin' (message board)! Everybody strap in! (extracts his gun) I'm about to open some effin' (message board equivalent of windows).

Samuel Jackon?!?!?....Is that you?

There are a lot of good QBs in the league. It's clear looking at this list that at least the top third and maybe the top half are totally capable of lighting you up even when you guess right. Your only chance with some of these guys is pressure. $50M guaranteed to an elite pass rusher actually makes sense.

Decided to power rank the starting qb's in the NFL. Well I should clarify- the 23 guys I deemed legitimate NFL starters. And understand this is not where I am ranking these guys as all-time qb's but rather who I would want as my qb this weekend. Have at it:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

Roethlisberger much higher, like 4

Believe me he is. What do Edwards and Manuel seem to have in common? Can't get WR's real NFL numbers. Can't put up real NFL passing numbers. Fitz was able to do it. We have a top 5 WR corps in the league talent wise. There is no excuse for them not have real NFL numbers. Manuel is literally costing Woods and Mike Williams money on their next contracts as we speak. All that being said, I wouldn't trade Manuel for Fitzpatrick but today, Fitzpatrick is a better NFL QB. Actually it's not really that close.

We'll see on Sunday dude.

I don't believe you and he's not. I don't give a crap about Edwards or any of the other silly comparisons of EJ to previous Bills' QBs. You're just spouting more unsubstantiated garbage.

Are you really this argumentative and ignorant about everything? What are you EJs father or something? What does the guy do that you like? Is it the accuracy issues? The happy feet? I know, the poor throwing mechanics? The panic he shows in the pocket? Poor pocket presence? Poor decisions? Lack of field vision? Locking onto his first read? Have yet to see him look off a safety or linebacker? Were you a fan of Trent Edwards? This guy so far is proving to be a carbon copy. The guy has some major flaws, one maybe two could be excused as young and will get better, but he has so many deficiencies that it seems very difficult to over come all of them and be a productive QB.

If Woods, Watkins, Williams were asked who they would prefer to be throwing them the football right now and honestly answered, I think they would pick Fitz 10 out of 10 times. Your crusaded love affair with Saint EJ is getting old.

What's your grudge against Matt Stafford?

And Kap? maybe it's the SJ thing and he can't seem to get on the same "page"

How many years has Kap been in the NFC title game?

Are you really this argumentative and ignorant about everything? What are you EJs father or something? What does the guy do that you like? Is it the accuracy issues? The happy feet? I know, the poor throwing mechanics? The panic he shows in the pocket? Poor pocket presence? Poor decisions? Lack of field vision? Locking onto his first read? Have yet to see him look off a safety or linebacker? Were you a fan of Trent Edwards? This guy so far is proving to be a carbon copy. The guy has some major flaws, one maybe two could be excused as young and will get better, but he has so many deficiencies that it seems very difficult to over come all of them and be a productive QB.

If Woods, Watkins, Williams were asked who they would prefer to be throwing them the football right now and honestly answered, I think they would pick Fitz 10 out of 10 times. Your crusaded love affair with Saint EJ is getting old.

there is a downside to EJ's game too ya know

You're probably a good guy and we appear to be two grammar snobs but you are clearly incapable of carrying on an objective dialogue regarding who is clearly your favorite player. The wounded duck to TJ Graham that he underthrew by 20 yards against the Jets? Give me a break. That was a team victory. Please let me know when he has a game where he gets the WR's involved, throws for 300, 3 TD's and carries his team to a victory. Please. Believe me, I want it to happen as much as you do.

he was 20-28. The whole team took turns throwing the ball? That is one biased post right there, IMO. Wow. He was missing his top 2 WRs in that game. I'm surprised it's gone this far but maybe I shouldn't be. Edited by YoloinOhio

You actually having the unmitigated gumption to call someone ignorant is the height of hilarity. Since you have alleged so many negative traits to EJ's game, you obviously have broken him down via the Game Rewind All-22 Coaches Film you obviously have access to. I defy you to show concrete examples of EJ's flaws that he demonstrates on a regular basis other than his erratic accuracy/ball location issue that I will stipulate to.

WRT the former Bills QB who we'll see this Sunday, there's a reason why FitzPickSix is now on his fifth NFL team. Despite him being a great guy, he's extremely limited physically and all too often makes poor decisions that lead to soul crushing interceptions at the worst possible times. He's strictly a journeyman.

You really should change your TSW name to old fool because you're talking out of your :censored: with no clue of what objective truth is.

Enough is ENOUGH! I have had it with these mothereffin' (EJ threads) on this mothereffin' (message board)! Everybody strap in! (extracts his gun) I'm about to open some effin' (message board equivalent of windows).

+1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I wonder if this applies

"Insanity" is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results

Decided to power rank the starting qb's in the NFL. Well I should clarify- the 23 guys I deemed legitimate NFL starters. And understand this is not where I am ranking these guys as all-time qb's but rather who I would want as my qb this weekend. Have at it:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

It's Thursday, if one of these twenty three QBs were suddenly starting this weekend for the Bills, how would he know the plays by Sunday? Wouldn't it concern you that he hasn't had enough practice with the team?

I agree that the talent at WR is one of the best collectively on a NFL. With that talent level and the trend of NFL offenses, two of our receivers should be (minimally) in the top 20 statistically. However, I can't totally blame EJ here. The coaches, specifically Hackett, know EJ's shortcomings and should be running plays that get the WRs open (and are within EJs abilities) to get the balls to the WRs

Look, we all saw what Fitzpatrick can and can't do. That's why he is no longer here. EJ is definitely a better option at this point. He may not be great, but at least he does not have a penchant for making huge mistakes that end up losing winnable games. That is Fitz's Achilles heel. He is a streaky QB that can be good when he's hot, but also is absolutely horrible the rest of the time. I'll take Manuel both today and in the future. Hands down.