Bored on the plane today...

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that I'd take Foles over Luck. Foles is a winner while Luck is just very good to excellent.

Foles is like Flutie with actual QB ability.

I think if you put Foles on another team, he's nothing special. Philly's offense made Mark Sanchez look good!

And Luck might be overrated. He throws a lot of INTs. But he is a damn good QB and can pretty much do everything.

I'd probably swap Rivers and Brady right now. I'd also have Cutler ahead of Romo and move Kaepernick back a spot or two. Otherwise it's pretty much how I see it.

Man I really did not intend for this to be an EJ thread. With respect to EJ though, my guess is that my take on him is pretty similar to the vast majority of Bills fans: the jury is still out, I am willing to ride it out a while but my gut is that it's not happening.

They can't help it. It's become an obsession.

I'd probably swap Rivers and Brady right now. I'd also have Cutler ahead of Romo and move Kaepernick back a spot or two. Otherwise it's pretty much how I see it.

Rivers should be #2 on the list. That's why I don't get so many people crying about the SD loss. Rivers has been money this year with not a lot of talent.

And EJ being ranked under Fitz is shots fired!

I'm not talking about 2010 and frankly who cares. He posted that Manuel has shown little to nothing and that's just incorrect.

I would concur that he has shown very little. Through the first two games this season the consensus was that he looked "good enough." With possible exception of the Carolina game last year, give me one game where you said, "damn EJ looked good today." In 2010 I would say that Fitz looked fantastic at Baltimore and at Cincinnati just off the top of my head. There, that is substantive and substantiated for ya.

mine:

1. Manning

2. Brees

3. Rivers

4. Rodgers

5. Brady

6. Roethlisberger

7. Ryan

8. Foles

9. Wilson

10. Luck

11. Newton

12. Cutler

13. Dalton

14. Cousins

15. Palmer

16. E. Manning

17. Flacco

18. Kaep

19. Palmer

22. Hoyer

23. Stafford

24. Manuel

25. Fitzpatrick

26. Romo

27. Tannehill

28. Geno Smith

29. Who's in Minnesota these days?

30. RGIII

Edited by jboyst62

I would concur that he has shown very little. Through the first two games this season the consensus was that he looked "good enough." With possible exception of the Carolina game last year, give me one game where you said, "damn EJ looked good today." In 2010 I would say that Fitz looked fantastic at Baltimore and at Cincinnati just off the top of my head. There, that is substantive and substantiated for ya.

Chan Gailey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Little Hackett

I'd take Chan as the OC in a second. He did a lot more with a lot less talent.

Jax and NYJ Home 2013. This is my last post this thread. Enjoy all!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

mine:

1. Manning

2. Brees

3. Rivers

4. Rodgers

5. Rivers

6. Brady

7. Roethlisberger

8. Ryan

9. Foles

10. Wilson

11. Luck

12. Newton

13. Cutler

14. Dalton

15. Cousins

16. Palmer

17. E. Manning

18. Flacco

19. Kaep

20. Palmer

21. Hoyer

22. Stafford

23. Manuel

24. Fitzpatrick

What's your grudge against Matt Stafford?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

It's a sad statement when Fitzpatrick is a better option than EJ Manuel. Ouch!

It's a sad state of affairs when Fitzpatrick was criticized and deemed not good enough to start for this team yet EJ can't even match his production with far greater talent.

Fitz's options were Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones and David Nelson. Compare that to what EJ has to work with.

mine:

1. Manning

2. Brees

3. Rivers

4. Rodgers

5. Rivers

6. Brady

7. Roethlisberger

8. Ryan

9. Foles

10. Wilson

11. Luck

12. Newton

13. Cutler

14. Dalton

15. Cousins

16. Palmer

17. E. Manning

18. Flacco

19. Kaep

20. Palmer

21. Hoyer

22. Stafford

23. Manuel

24. Fitzpatrick

You have Rivers listed twice you !@#$ing !@#$.

Thank you for the first type of response that I was intending to elicit.

Sorry. I meant EJ sucks, he isn't on that list because he sucks so bad. He sucks worse then the 24 QB's!!!!! Sucks!

I think if you put Foles on another team, he's nothing special. Philly's offense made Mark Sanchez look good!

And Luck might be overrated. He throws a lot of INTs. But he is a damn good QB and can pretty much do everything.

Luck is grading better and better with time. He is learning but I do not think he will get to the Peyton Manning level but he is on the same upward trajectory. He needs more help in coaching. His speed / ability to see the field is just not there. It's not developed or got better. It simply needs to.

Romo has good moments but he's not good. Rivers is the second best QB in the league and up until the first three games of this season I really was looking forward to see him and Luck as the two best QB's in the AFC. But, it's still Peyton. Peyton vs. Rivers in the same division. Wow.

Rivers should be #2 on the list. That's why I don't get so many people crying about the SD loss. Rivers has been money this year with not a lot of talent.

And EJ being ranked under Fitz is shots fired!

Again, I am huge on Rivers. I still think they're going far in the playoffs. Denver/Whales Vagina in the AFC Championships.

It's a sad state of affairs when Fitzpatrick was criticized and deemed not good enough to start for this team yet EJ can't even match his production with far greater talent.

Fitz's options were Stevie Johnson, Donald Jones and David Nelson. Compare that to what EJ has to work with.

We had a much better offensive coach when Fitz was here. Just like at the use of Spiller.

Gailey wasn't a good head coach but he is one of the best offensive minds in football.

Jax and NYJ Home 2013. This is my last post this thread. Enjoy all!

You're probably a good guy and we appear to be two grammar snobs but you are clearly incapable of carrying on an objective dialogue regarding who is clearly your favorite player. The wounded duck to TJ Graham that he underthrew by 20 yards against the Jets? Give me a break. That was a team victory. Please let me know when he has a game where he gets the WR's involved, throws for 300, 3 TD's and carries his team to a victory. Please. Believe me, I want it to happen as much as you do. Edited by metzelaars_lives

We had a much better offensive coach when Fitz was here. Just like at the use of Spiller.

Gailey wasn't a good head coach but he is one of the best offensive minds in football.

I've actually gone back and watched some of our games from the Chan years on NFL Rewind. One thing I will give him a great amount of credit for, aside from how he used Spiller of course, was his ability to draw up plays that managed to get his receivers open. He actually did such a fantastic job at that.

He had his best game as a Bill in the second Jets game last year, and had a very, very good game a few weeks later against the Jags.

Edited by Buftex

I've actually gone back and watched some of our games from the Chan years on NFL Rewind. One thing I will give him a great amount of credit for, aside from how he used Spiller of course, was his ability to draw up plays that managed to get his receivers open. He actually did such a fantastic job at that.

I have very little doubt that if he was working with EJ, EJ would be much farther along.