Bored on the plane today...

I have recently wondered if EJ will follow Dalton's career path. Big guy, not particularly mobile, not known for great accuracy. After a slow start, he got to be somewhat respectable. His team re-signed him because they figured the devil you know is better than the devil you don't know. This is one of those "good is the enemy of great" scenarios.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to power rank the starting qb's in the NFL. Well I should clarify- the 23 guys I deemed legitimate NFL starters. And understand this is not where I am ranking these guys as all-time qb's but rather who I would want as my qb this weekend. Have at it:

1. Manning

2. Brady

3. Rodgers

4. Brees

5. Wilson

6. Rivers

7. Ryan

8. Luck

9. Foles

10. Newton

11. Stafford

12. Roethlisberger

13. Romo

14. Cutler

15. Flacco

16. Dalton

17. A. Smith

18. Kaepernick

19. Cousins

20. Palmer

21. Eli

22. Hoyer

23. Fitzpatrick

My top 5 would round out as follows:

1. Rivers

2. Brees

3. Manning

4. Brady

5. Rodgers

Man I hate to bring this back up and I SWEAR this was not intended as an EJ thread. In fact I would change my rankings quite considerably from last week (Brady down, Eli up, Tannehill on the list for instance). But I feel like a few people owe me a "hey you were right man." Where is 26CornerBlitz??? I said, quite simply, that Fitzpatrick is the worst of what I would consider to be legitimate NFL QB's. I also said that EJ Manuel was not a legitimate NFL QB. One gentleman even said condescendingly, "We'll see on Sunday." Well, we saw on Sunday. Fitz at least can complete ten yard passes to guys listed as wide receivers in the media guide. Orton will be able to do the same. After the announcement today and the Patriots' performance tonight, I feel way better about the Bills' chances this season.