I miss Fitz

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I know what you're gonna say.

But my man crush just got rekindled when listening to the conference call Fitz had with the Buffalo media. http://www.buffalobi...cb-51c792d5e8ea

If you put aside his physical shortcomings as a QB, he is the best QB any team could ever ask for. And the fact that he quite candidly aknowledges those shortcomings makes him even better.

I would absolutely love to have Fitz being our backup QB and, especially, the man mentoring EJ.

I don't think he's the best QB you could ever ask for, on any level!

But he does come across like one hell of a likable guy. I heard him on the radio today too, and thought about how much I wish he was my next door neighbor. I can imagine shooting the $% with him and having a few beers. He seems like a genuinely cool and nice guy.

I loved how he said he is trying to convince his 7 year old to root for Houston and not the Bills this weekend!

You gotta love Fitz!

I just don't want him as the QB on the Bills!

If you hate Fitz, you're a tool. :) I love when people put Fitz down. He graduated from Harvard, made millions as a NFL quarterback, and maximized his physical ability. He's won at life.

That said, he was always limited. It's the same way I feel about Orton (I prefer Fitz myself). Average to slightly below starters, great backups. But I loved the guy's attitude and wish him all the best. Starting Monday. :)

I will always be a huge Fitz fan. He gave the team everything he had on the field every sunday, despite his physical shortcomings. I have no complaints with fitz, he was smart, tough, competitive and a great leader/teammate. I miss that guy running and lowering his shoulder against guys trying to tackle him. I tell ya what, if he was 2 inches taller with a stronger arm I don't think we would have a qb problem, or the current 14 year drought. I'll root for him for the rest of his career, just not against the Bills.

I will always be a huge Fitz fan. He gave the team everything he had on the field every sunday, despite his physical shortcomings. I have no complaints with fitz, he was smart, tough, competitive and a great leader/teammate. I miss that guy running and lowering his shoulder against guys trying to tackle him. I tell ya what, if he was 2 inches taller with a stronger arm I don't think we would have a qb problem, or the current 14 year drought. I'll root for him for the rest of his career, just not against the Bills.

If we could combine Fitz and Manuel, it would be the best QB in the NFL. ERyan Fitzmanuel

If you hate Fitz, you're a tool. :) I love when people put Fitz down. He graduated from Harvard, made millions as a NFL quarterback, and maximized his physical ability. He's won at life.

That said, he was always limited. It's the same way I feel about Orton (I prefer Fitz myself). Average to slightly below starters, great backups. But I loved the guy's attitude and wish him all the best. Starting Monday. :)

Well said. Gotta root for this guy.

The best backup QB you could ask for a few seasons ago. Backup QB's have short careers. They get exposed and discovered. From Tommy Maddox and Doug Flutie to Alex Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

I've said this more than once here with respect to the longevity of his career; if this year or next year are his last as a starter, Fitzy (if wants) should be able to play until his late thirties as a back-up in this league, like Jon Kitna.

...probably making 2-3 million per while he's at it.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Fitz seems like a really cool dude, but he was infuriating to watch as the starting qb for the Bills. I so wanted the guy to succeed. Would have been a great feel good story for Fitz and the city of Buffalo, but it just wasn't meant to be. I'm ok with us moving on. Let's hope Manuel or the next qb finally deliver what we've been patiently waiting for these past 15 years.

Sure wish he would have stayed to be our backup QB

To me Fitz is the best backup QB in the league and he fit this city perfectly.

I competely agree. I really liked Fitz... still do. My guess, at the time, the team asked him to stay on as a backup and restructure his contract. And he declined both.

I still contend that if you put Fitz on this team, with this defens, and we'd be in playoff contention. That DOES NOT mean I want to cut EJ for Fitz! It just means I think the team he was on while here was a lot weaker. But he (more specifically Chan) had the offense actually looking like a professional NFL offense. Hackett has us back in the remedial football 101 mode that we last saw in the Jauron days.

Yeah, I know what you're gonna say.

But my man crush just got rekindled when listening to the conference call Fitz had with the Buffalo media. http://www.buffalobi...cb-51c792d5e8ea

If you put aside his physical shortcomings as a QB, he is the best QB any team could ever ask for. And the fact that he quite candidly aknowledges those shortcomings makes him even better.

I would absolutely love to have Fitz being our backup QB and, especially, the man mentoring EJ.

It would have been great if it had worked out that way - both for us as well as Fitz' son. It is too bad that he would not adjust his contract to assume that role.

It would have been great if it had worked out that way - both for us as well as Fitz' son. It is too bad that he would not adjust his contract to assume that role.

I have to think the Buddy Nix recorded telephone conversation with the TB GM had something to do with Fitz not wanting to accept that role with the Bills.

I have to think the Buddy Nix recorded telephone conversation with the TB GM had something to do with Fitz not wanting to accept that role with the Bills.

Yep, I was thinking the same thing. I have no idea what was going on in the background in regards to Fitz staying, but once that call leaked it was over.

I liked Nix, but holy cow what a boneheaded mistake that was.

That and the Bills wanted him to take a pay cut. Why should he? a contract's a contract. Good for Fitz for telling the Bills to pound sand.

Fitz would have Ben a lot better QB fr the Bills if he hadn't been paired with historically bad defenses and didn't have to play from behind week after week.

I have some great Fitz memories, airing it out to T.O.. He had an amazing TD run too. The guy had heart, I'll give him that.

However, at the end of the day, he couldn't win. We better slay him this Sunday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxCWzyUtFbY

Nice throw, had a collapsed pocket threw the ball 4 yards deep to the 46 yard line or so. That's a nice 50 yard air throw on the outside of the numbers, perfection. I'm a big fan of EJ as y'all know and I'd like to see him hit a few of these Sunday like Losman to Lee Evans in Houston.