Take a chill pill everyone.

mrags

Hahaha.

Comical. The last few weeks were talking about how much we shut down teams and how much depth we have.

The next week after a loss, it's "our CBs are terrible"

"Sammy is taking plays off"

"Spikes isn't a leader because of a penalty"

"Bench EJ for Kyle Orton"

Reason #1,347,498 why this site is terrible at times. Because during the offseason we get all the "sky is falling, we haven't scored with our first team offense" crowd, then the season starts and we play well and everyone is partying in the roof of the Bills Bandwagon, to jumping off bridges again because we lost a game.

We played a good team people. They were better than us. We played a bad game. It sucks. Get over it. Buck up and get ready for next week or don't bother watching.

The board always overreacts. The Chargers just beat the defending Super Bowl champs. They are stout in the trenches and have a perennial prowbowler qb.

Anytime you can plug in your third RB and move the chains it means you o line is beastly.

No one should have expected this was going to be an easy matchup.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

The Chargers dominated both lines of scrimmage just as the Bills did last week vs. Miami. When a team does this, it usually results in a decisive victory.

The better team won yesterday, yet people freak out as if the world is coming to an end. The team is 2-1, but predictably there's quite a bit of overreaction as if the team is 0-3. On to next week in Houston. Go Bills!!

Hahaha.

Comical. The last few weeks were talking about how much we shut down teams and how much depth we have.

Reason #1,347,498 why this site is terrible at times. Because during the offseason we get all the "sky is falling, we haven't scored with our first team offense" crowd, then the season starts and we play well and everyone is partying in the roof of the Bills Bandwagon, to jumping off bridges again because we lost a game.

We played a good team people. They were better than us. We played a bad game. It sucks. Get over it. Buck up and get ready for next week or don't bother watching.

This is a Buffalo Bills discussion forum. This is where people go to vent after both good and bad performances. After a good game, naturally they have good things to say. After a bad performance, predictably, they have a lot to complain about. I agree that the Chargers are a good team. Are you saying that we shouldn't expect the Bills to play well against good teams? That we shouldn't expect them to step up their game and be able to win against a good team at home? I for one expected the Chargers to be a tough opponent. I also expected the Bills to rise to the occasion and play them tough. They failed to do so and as a fan, I am not happy with their performance. As far as I have seen, all of the complaints that you mentioned were legitimate complaints after yesterday. The CB's played poorly, the O-Line played poorly and EJ played poorly. I'm sure most of us will have plenty of time to get ready for next week. Right now, we are taking some time to vent about a pitiful performance by our team.

This is a Buffalo Bills discussion forum. This is where people go to vent after both good and bad performances. After a good game, naturally they have good things to say. After a bad performance, predictably, they have a lot to complain about. I agree that the Chargers are a good team. Are you saying that we shouldn't expect the Bills to play well against good teams? That we shouldn't expect them to step up their game and be able to win against a good team at home? I for one expected the Chargers to be a tough opponent. I also expected the Bills to rise to the occasion and play them tough. They failed to do so and as a fan, I am not happy with their performance. As far as I have seen, all of the complaints that you mentioned were legitimate complaints after yesterday. The CB's played poorly, the O-Line played poorly and EJ played poorly. I'm sure most of us will have plenty of time to get ready for next week. Right now, we are taking some time to vent about a pitiful performance by our team.

YOU may be doing that, but hundreds upon hundreds of others are doing just exactly what the original poster conveyed.

Oh my goodness, you mean people had the nerve to post some things they didn't like about a Bills loss? And on a Bills forum no less???!!??? The absolute GALL!!!

ATTENTION Everyone!!!! ATTENTION everyone!!!

- If you have any opinions that don't relay love, adoration, and inspiring optimism for EJ, CJ, the defense, coaches, or any other player with a J in his name, then you are no longer allowed to post your comments in a free and open forum. You will be chastised by those board members who think they are better than you because you have the ability to see things as they are. They feel somehow more evolved and intelligent than you because you aren't all giddy with a loss, and will blast you by telling you to get over it, as they look down their noses.

I will be handing out rose colored glasses, and passing out the "Bills are awesome no matter what they do" Cool-Aid at the forum's front door. I will be a posting a "Get Well Soon, We love you EJ, Sammy, Hackett, and Defense" thread where you can send your love and adoration to the team appropriately. You can apologize to the elitists on your own, I made the cool-aid.

Oh my goodness, you mean people had the nerve to post some things they didn't like about a Bills loss? And on a Bills forum no less???!!??? The absolute GALL!!!

- If you have any opinions that don't relay love, adoration, and inspiring optimism for EJ, CJ, the defense, coaches, or any other player with a J in his name, then you are no longer allowed to post your comments in a free and open forum. You will be chastised by those board members who think they are better than you because you have the ability to see things as they are. They feel somehow more evolved and intelligent than you because you aren't all giddy with a loss, and will blast you by telling you to get over it, as they look down their noses.

I will be handing out rose colored glasses, and passing out the "Bills are awesome no matter what they do" Cool-Aid at the forum's front door. I will be a posting a "Get Well Soon, We love you EJ, Sammy, Hackett, and Defense" thread where you can send your love and adoration to the team appropriately. You can apologize to the elitists on your own, I made the cool-aid.

+1 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yes, god forbid we discuss the game on the football message board.

Hahaha.

People can react to the loss however the hell they want. It's not your job to tell others how they are "allowed" to think.

+2

Thanks for starting this post. Some of our fans, and most of the media, are just WAITING for this team to have a hiccup so they can jump all over them. I swear, this team could win a superbowl and the first articles written would be about how unlikely it is that we'd repeat.

Look around the league. The term "Any Given Sunday" is more applicable than ever. We just lost to a team that HANDLED the Superbowl champs last week. We played a stinker, no doubt. Not one area was good. We lost. We stunk it up and got beat by a very good football team. We did this after playing very well for the previous two. If you read what people are writing, we need to fire everyone and start from scratch.

Look, I'm not saying that we can't be upset when we lose. We all have that right as fans. But have some perspective when you get upset. For example, if EJ was starting to give you confidence based on the prior two games, you don't need to lose it all at once because he had a bad game. He's still a young QB. They won't all be good. I promise you, EJ will have a few more bad games. He'll also have some good ones. Tossing him to the curb after his first bad game of the year makes about as much sense as handing him the league MVP trophy after a good game. There is a middle ground here.

The fact is, we played a rotten game. We were outcoached. We were outplayed. They were more intense than we were. We had a bunch of penalties that came at horrible times. It wasn't our day. But guess what, NOT EVERY DAY WILL BE OUR DAY! That doesn't mean we need to cancel the rest of the season. We have a chance to go 3-1 in September. I think that's pretty good. Funny thing is, if we DO go 3-1, this message board - the same one pouring gasoline on Ralph Wilson Stadium and a match in their hands - will be planning our Superbowl parade.

It's ok to have something in between. Get upset. Get mad. Get happy. Feel however you'd like. But don't be rash. Don't be dumb. And don't forget that it's a long season.

Go Bills!

Hahaha.

You don't get over mediocrity and bad games, year after year. You perhaps need medication to get your head in order and out of the clouds.

Let's get ready to celebrate another loss to a team who is better then us. Great. Everyone gets a trophy, A++ rating, and MVP honors. Results don't matter here on this board. Only showing up does. Yay, I'm giddy over another losing season!

We were exposed

Hahaha.

I couldn't agree more. It isn't just this site. My brother and one nephew were calling for Orton, my other nephew thinks they should cut EJ.

The Bills stunk as a team yesterday. From the coaching all the way down.

The people arguing with me on this are the same ones that are guilty of everything I just wrote in my OP. Congrats.

And for those calling me a "marginal fan"

Hahahahaha get lost guy. I bleed Bills blue and everyone on this board knows that. Meet me at a tailgate sometime and you will find that They don't get more hardcore than I am. Keep telling yourself whatever you need to guy. Reason # 1,347,499 why this place is terrible at times. Calling out a others fandom is comical. I haven't missed a game since 2006. I've had season tickets and haven't left a single minute early in any game through Juron, or Gailey. Through Trent, JP, Fitz, and EJ and your going to calle out for being a marginal fan??? I've been to 1 draft, 2 Hall of Fame inductions, and away games in SD and San Francisco and your going to call me a marginal fan???

Not quite sure who you are or what you do for a living but I can tell that your clueless here so your probably clueless in your real life too.

And nowhere did I say the play was acceptable by anyone yesterday. All I said is the sky shouldn't be falling after one loss to a good team.

The facts are that EJ played like crap. Like always, CJ played like crap. The line played like crap. The WR were bad. The DBs didn't play well. The DL wasn't good. The LBs sucked. The Head Coach didn't have them ready. The OC called a piss poor game. The DC was bad. The Front Offoce is at fault for not securing a real LG in the offseason.

There. That's the truth about yesterday. It still doesn't take away from all the love that this team took in from everyone including most on this site after a 2-0 start.

People need to stop getting so imotional over 1 game. It's a long season. We lost to a good team yesterday.

I'm locking this thread. If you want to continue this conversation, learn how to PM me.