Jerry Sullivan

vegas55

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Among the dumbest things negative Nancy constantly does is refer back to Bills teams in the past as if they have any bearing on the 2014 team. Sullivan is constantly referencing "same old Bills" and the miscues of players, coaches and front office personal who are no longer associated with the team, as if there is some relevance to today's team.

In today's column, in commenting on the crossing route passes thrown to Watkins, he write " weren't we screaming for "them" to throw crossing route passes to Lee Evans". Hey Jerry, who is "them"? A coaching staff that has not had anything to do with the Bills organization in years. And what in the world does that have to do with the coaches, players and front office which constitute the 2014 team.

And I guess you were screaming for more crossing routes way back then based on your years of NFL experience and your extensive film studies of the games way back when.

I've said it in every, single, sullivan thread penned before, so I'll say it again: Sullivan is a useless shitbag who needs to be fired, so once you come to terms with his "springer-like" amateur fodder, you'll realize that when you see his name attached to the article, you'll simply just not read it. How he remains employed at the Buffalo News is one of those all time mysteries, even Nasa scientists concede it's harder to comprehend than the "Big Bang" theory(not the TV show you nerds)

Whats interesting about Jerry Sullivan. is his inability to even get the smallest bit of exposure on sports forums. negative or positive, you would think once in awhile someone would notice his columns? That's the true definition of fail.

What's this, a cooking forum?

Among the dumbest things negative Nancy constantly does is refer back to Bills teams in the past as if they have any bearing on the 2014 team. Sullivan is constantly referencing "same old Bills" and the miscues of players, coaches and front office personal who are no longer associated with the team, as if there is some relevance to today's team.

In today's column, in commenting on the crossing route passes thrown to Watkins, he write " weren't we screaming for "them" to throw crossing route passes to Lee Evans". Hey Jerry, who is "them"? A coaching staff that has not had anything to do with the Bills organization in years. And what in the world does that have to do with the coaches, players and front office which constitute the 2014 team.

And I guess you were screaming for more crossing routes way back then based on your years of NFL experience and your extensive film studies of the games way back when.

If Jerry had been paying attention, he would know that Lee Evans did not like going over the middle.

He is embarrassing himself. Brutal.

As I said in another thread, I truly believe he's just pissed the team is staying in Buffalo forcing him to continue to cover the BILLS...so, they could win the Super Bowl and he'd take umbrage with commercials...

If it's written by Jerry Sullivan or Bucky Gleason, I don't even bother reading it as it's just a complete waste of time. From Jerry telling Terry Pegula that he needed to listen to him when he bought the Sabres, to Bucky being pissed at Pegula for not apologizing or saying anything at all about the Penn State scandal (which Terry Pegula had no involvement with at all), these guys are just two pathetic jokes that need to be fired!!

To be honest, that is the same tact that about 90% of the posters here take....what has made this place a lot less enjoyable than it used to be.

Not to point to any specific posters, I would agree that the general attitude and demeanour of too many posters has become one and the same as Jerry Sullivan's. I see no wonder in how he keeps his job based on Bills forums of late.

Love it when people on this site get their panties in a wad because sully/schopp/bucky/graham/harrington are too "negative."

Since those guys are all just Way. Too. Mean. ...here is a link to the type of Bills(and Sabres) coverage you all crave:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky3Ordfqn88

ps....just pretend the unicorns are bison and it should work just fine for you.

Are you a "BRONY?" if you are not sure... look it up-it's hillarious. No I am not seriously calling you a brony.

I've said it in every, single, sullivan thread penned before, so I'll say it again: Sullivan is a useless shitbag who needs to be fired, so once you come to terms with his "springer-like" amateur fodder, you'll realize that when you see his name attached to the article, you'll simply just not read it. How he remains employed at the Buffalo News is one of those all time mysteries, even Nasa scientists concede it's harder to comprehend than the "Big Bang" theory(not the TV show you nerds)

Actually, you usually do not even have to look at the article to know Sullivan wrote it. You can typically pick it out from the negative feel of the title alone. Try it sometime, it is kind of amusing. I bet you will be able to pick out his articles, from the title alone, 85-90% of the time.

Although, I will admit that he fooled me on this one...but it doesn't happen often

Edited by billsfan1959

This is the strangest thread. He wrote a rare positive article and gets ripped for it?

The hatred for The Buffalo News and its sports writers runs deep in WNY for some reason.

I would assume it is because the critics were Courier Express supporters, but most of these posts come from people young enough not to know what that means. At least I assume.

So who knows what its all about.

Suffice to say, there is a breed of Bills "fan" that won't tolerate anything other than the most glowing, positive praise of the team.

One wonders if these people tolerate total mediocrity in their own personal lives and how far this philosophy of life has gotten them.

The hatred for The Buffalo News and its sports writers runs deep in WNY for some reason.

I would assume it is because the critics were Courier Express supporters, but most of these posts come from people young enough not to know what that means. At least I assume.

So who knows what its all about.

Suffice to say, there is a breed of Bills "fan" that won't tolerate anything other than the most glowing, positive praise of the team.

One wonders if these people tolerate total mediocrity in their own personal lives and how far this philosophy of life has gotten them.

Agreed. Those of us who no longer live in WNY can appreciate the fact that, for a town of its size, Buffalo has a truly excellent daily newspaper, with particularly good sports coverage. Sullivan in particular is a cut above the sports "opinion" columnists in other markets. For example, the fish-hack sports opinion guy here in Portland has never had an intelligent thing to say about any sport.