The Biggest week in Buffalo Bills history?

Kellyto83TD

If not, its damn near going to be close to it... At least 1A.

First the team does a collective FU to all the doubters (including me and Crow btw tastes better with Gravy....) and Beats Chicago AT Chicago. NO ONE expected us to win period. The Bills had ample opportunities to fold like a deck of cards, instead they circled the damn wagons like days of old and fought through and won.

Next the Sale. Anything else need to be said here? All Bills fans can breathe a sigh of relief and Jerruh can go suck it!

Now the most important coming up....The !@#$ing fish are in first place! This is as big a must win as there has been in Bills history. We can with one game be #1 in our division. Of all the weeks that Miami who just beat NE can walk into our house...this is it!

It still amazes me how in the darkest of times that just a few days can make all the difference in the world.

The most important week in Buffalo sports history.

1). Kelly is cancer free

2). We beat Chicago

3). Gugny and I will be together again

4). New owner and Bills secure in Buffalo

5). Its Miami at home for the opener!

Yeah. Good to be a Bills fan for once. The draft can't come soon enough

No, the biggest week was the week before Superbowl XXV.

They said in BFLO Bills History... Everything this week is UP and positive.

XXV had the downer of the First Gulf War, it was the 1st SB with only one week of prep time... AND it was almost cancelled because of the start of the war.

So... What negatives come out of this week? EJ throwing off his back foot while moving across field?

There were quite a few years in the early 1990s when the Bills were a great team and there was no looming ownership change to worry about. Oh, and Kelly didn't have cancer at all then. And Mitch Frerotte and Kent Hull were still alive! Remember actually being in playoff contention and expecting to win an away game season opener? Just about all those weeks were better than this one.

What this week was, was a collective sigh of relief...a sense of hope that good times will remain and that a great team can be developed. And at the very least, it guarantees the downers on this board have things to complain about for many years into the future.

Agreed, after crushing the Raiders, it felt like winning the Super Bowl was our destiny.

Started off well, but went progressively downhill... War overshadowing, one week prep, and then Wide Right leading to the worst week ever in Bills history!

What's in store for us... I don't know... BUT I am holding my breath so the other shoe doesn't drop!

We get out of this with a win vs. Miami... Then it is THEE best week.

There were quite a few years in the early 1990s when the Bills were a great team and there was no looming ownership change to worry about. Oh, and Kelly didn't have cancer at all then. And Mitch Frerotte and Kent Hull were still alive! Remember actually being in playoff contention and expecting to win an away game season opener? Just about all those weeks were better than this one.

What this week was, was a collective sigh of relief...a sense of hope that good times will remain and that a great team can be developed. And at the very least, it guarantees the downers on this board have things to complain about for many years into the future.

BUT they were bickering... Remember the Michael Jordan thing?

This time, our bickering was done LAST week.

1). Kelly is cancer free

2). We beat Chicago

You forgot to add that mrags posted a message!

CBF

Can the Pegulas break the lease? :lol:

Technically yes, but I don't think they'd want to see Harborcenter burned down.

Bad week for the Sabres though as apparently Pegula will have to sell the team.

They can own multiple teams in the same city, but not different, which is why Jacobs would have had to divest from Bruins to buy Bills.

They can own multiple teams in the same city, but not different, which is why Jacobs would have had to divest from Bruins to buy Bills.

Why would that happen with that being the new home of the Bills? :lol:

1). Kelly is cancer free

2). We beat Chicago

I was going to say no until I saw #3. That sealed it as yes.

First the team does a collective FU to all the doubters (including me and Crow btw tastes better with Gravy....) and Beats Chicago AT Chicago. NO ONE expected us to win period.

Have to give Cowherd credit on this one - Bills were his upset pick of the week.

_I_ did not really think they'd win.

Edited by BobChalmers

If they also break the lease of the team they own in the different city.

Actually, they probably can indeed break the lease, if, say, they wanted to build a new stadium downtown (read: Erie County) and talk about moving into it before the lease is up.

Been seeing rumors of a downtown stadium project funded by the Pegulas, at least in part.

Here is my list of big events:

The team being established. This is so obvious, I won't count it. Also, I am sure some people were probably not sure what the AFL was.

#1 Beating the Raiders and going to that first Super Bowl- man we were all on cloud 9 that week.

#2 This week

#3 Jim Kelly signing

#4 New stadium in OP

They said in BFLO Bills History... Everything this week is UP and positive.

XXV had the downer of the First Gulf War, it was the 1st SB with only one week of prep time... AND it was almost cancelled because of the start of the war.

So... What negatives come out of this week? EJ throwing off his back foot while moving across field?

You are so right. I was like We finally make the Super Bowl and we're in our first war since Vietnam?!? It definitely took some away from me that week (that and the worst flu by far I have ever had).

This week is the best. This one is for keeps.

No, the biggest week was the week before Superbowl XXV.

As big a week as this has been in Buffalo, the sense of euphoria in WNY after crushing the Raiders and heading into SB XXV could only be matched by actually winning a SB, it was a very special time.

You are so right. I was like We finally make the Super Bowl and we're in our first war since Vietnam?!? It definitely took some away from me that week (that and the worst flu by far I have ever had).

This week is the best. This one is for keeps.

Yep... That's my logic and sticking with it! It's late Tuesday and we are still climbing up hill! By Monday of Super Bowl week... XXV was the first SB to not be played 2 weeks later... We were all ready crashing! The War, Bickering who's Micahael Jordan on the team, and then Wide Right... Man did it crash and burn... We are still flying high and its almost mid-week...

Right, He does not have to divest his interest in the Sabres and in fact was quoted in the NY Times as saying both franchises were here to stay.

If you stuck my Plimsoll line avatar on any week in Bills history... I would say this week is up in the F (Fresh) and T (Tropical) zone... Winning the SB would put it in the TF area... Tropical Fresh. We are sailing with a full head of steam and almost a full load... Take your pick in what you want that load to be. Confidence? @ Ease feeling? The sea is opening up while heading to warmer, calmer, more southern waters. Even if we can't go that fast, this load is not going to sink us and we have Freddy's old-school stiff arm to obliterate the opponent!

Super Bowl XXV started with a high load yet we sailed w/that high load right into a North Atlantic winter. I would put that week, with all drama, war, turmoil and bickering, partying as the load being too ladened for conditions. TF sailing right in WNA conditions. The North Atlantic, exactly where the Titanic sunk. The Bills in 1990-1991 were the Titanic. A gr8 ship, but ship destined to be sunk. The Bills are not a Super Bowl caliper team in 2014... BUT this week made them a sea worthy and unsinkable (staying in BFLO/WNY) ship!

Even during the glory years, fans were still beholden to Ralph. Not that we aren't beholden to a new owner in TPegs, we still aren't a community owned team... But we are pretty damn close to being one with the community now! IMO, there will be a sense of ease now. Ralph did toy with moving the team through the years. Ralph was from Detroit... We have somebody with a little closer ties now that the torch has been passed on!

Enjoy! Peace & calm... Easy sailing...

I wasn't around for the inception of the team or its AFL Championship so I won't throw those into the mix.

Don't take this cornball post wrong... IMO, there is finally a sense of relief and ease... NOW let us shine! Make a run that shocks The League!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Yep... That's my logic and sticking with it! It's late Tuesday and we are still climbing up hill! By Monday of Super Bowl week... XXV was the first SB to not be played 2 weeks later... We were all ready crashing! The War, Bickering who's Micahael Jordan on the team, and then Wide Right... Man did it crash and burn... We are still flying high and its almost mid-week...

Well, your memory is really good, except for one thing - the Jordan thing happened the next year - vs. the Redskins.

This week is bigger no matter what. Would you rather have an active team that hasn't won the Super Bowl or a defunct team that did win one?

Well, your memory is really good, except for one thing - the Jordan thing happened the next year - vs. the Redskins.

This week is bigger no matter what. Would you rather have an active team that hasn't won the Super Bowl or a defunct team that did win one?

LoL... I had a feeling it may have been a year later... Oops... Okay, then the partying and stay out late Saturday night before the game takes its place! ;-P

Yep... I agree... Our team's very existence was hanging in the balance... This week much bigger!

Here is my list of big events:

The team being established. This is so obvious, I won't count it. Also, I am sure some people were probably not sure what the AFL was.

#1 Beating the Raiders and going to that first Super Bowl- man we were all on cloud 9 that week.

#2 This week

#3 Jim Kelly signing

#4 New stadium in OP

This list is legit. All four were hugely exciting at the time.

I recall the Bledsoe signing was another exciting time. Probably not top five but still pretty impressive (though I didn't personally get caught up in it). A lot of fans seemed to think Bledsoe was the missing piece and for about half a season, they were right.

If the Bills go on to win a Super Bowl under the Pegulas, this sale moves to #1 with the advantage of hindsight.

Can the Pegulas break the lease? :lol:

After giving the biggest home town discount in the history of professional sports, he's more likely to move it to Binghamton than L.A.. Like the say with money, "easy come , easy go". This guy is great for WNY, loves the area and has no business sense whatsoever. Whatever it takes. Go Bills.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Regardless if it's the best week, it's a great one. I know it's been a couple of weeks, but hearing JK is cancer free is also so relieving.

Relieving is probably a better word knowing our team is here to stay, our greatest player is going to beat a tough condition, and the excitement of playing the Fish in our house.

Lastly, our concerns about EJ for at least one week were ameliorated with a fine performance from him and all of the new talents brought in by Whaley.

Lastly, the person regarding the Sabres was mistaken. He doesn't have to sell the Sabres. The report was about some agency he has some investments, meaning they represent as sports agents several players in various sports including NFL players. That would be a conflict of interest, so makes sense he has to sell it. I can't remember the NFL players mentioned yesterday, but made sense.

After giving the biggest home town discount in the history of professional sports, he's more likely to move it to Binghamton than L.A.. Like the say with money, "easy come , easy go". This guy is great for WNY, loves the area and has no business sense whatsoever. Whatever it takes. Go Bills.

I wish I had no business sense whatsoever and somehow became a multi-billionaire!