Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last week, Tony Kornheiser had the guy who wrote that new Bills Super Bowl book on his radio show............They ended up talking about the sale for a bit and Tony said "I have a question. I thought you were not able to own another major team if you own an NFL team."

I almost threw my iphone out the window.

;)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I was thinking it was closer to 3 weeks away!

is there a countdown clock on TBD?

There should be lol

I am so excited that he will be our active owener for this current season and not join in the offseason. Gives himself and Kim time to properly plan for the offseason and not just get thrown in the middle of it.

Preperation is key and by taking over the Bills early in the season, the Pegula's will have lots of time to prep.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

I don't follow the Sabres as closely as others here do. Do you guys think Pegula will want to see another year before making moves? He will have been the official owner for 11 games this year.Do you think that would be enough for him and his staff to evaluate and make decisions?

I don't follow the Sabres as closely as others here do. Do you guys think Pegula will want to see another year before making moves? He will have been the official owner for 11 games this year.Do you think that would be enough for him and his staff to evaluate and make decisions?

Since he's coming in as owner this early in the season, I believe this will be "their year" to impress him. If they continue down the path of the last two games, no chance Pegula brings them back. Remember, his wife Kim is a HUGE fan of the Bills, which means she's been watching the same crap we have for the last 14 years. You don't think she's itching to fix things for the better?

Pegula is going to have a ton of tough decisions to make relatively quickly, and he is not equipped to make them on his own.

Who does he bring in as his right hand and main consultant (or consultants) to give him guidance or to provide assurance that Pegula's ideas are either good or bad?

Who will the Bills' version of Patty LaFontaine be?

I find this to be the most interesting question regarding the new ownership at this time.

Whoever Pegula takes his advice from could get us back into the playoffs quickly , or guarantee we go nowhere for 5 years.

I hope Pegula chooses his advisors wisely.

Any thoughts on the brain trust Pegula might compile?

Will Jim Kelly be brought in to discuss EJ and other QB options?

Oh I am sure he has been following closely all season....

CBF

I've commented on this in other threads. I think this is a tough thing to judge.

Pegula may feel like he was burned with his "wait and see" approach with the Sabres, so he will change it now with the Bills.

Then again, even if it didn't work out well with the Sabres, he may still feel like this is the proper, fair way to go about business.

I really don't know.

Since he's coming in as owner this early in the season, I believe this will be "their year" to impress him. If they continue down the path of the last two games, no chance Pegula brings them back. Remember, his wife Kim is a HUGE fan of the Bills, which means she's been watching the same crap we have for the last 14 years. You don't think she's itching to fix things for the better?

I'm optimistic that Kim and Terry come in and clean house with the front office and coaching staff. However, didn't he buy the Sabres and give Ruff and Regier another full year? I don't know the circumstances surrounding that decision so I was hoping to get some incite from people with more knowledge on how he managed the team his first year.

I fear that Brandon will be kept and he'll try and sell us on the same nonsense. Make no mistake, I don't mind if Brandon keeps his current position with the organization but I do want accountability and for there to be change if it is warranted.

Edited by Bangarang

I'm optimistic that Kim and Terry come in and clean house with the front office and coaching staff. However, didn't he buy the Sabres and give Ruff and Regier another full year? I don't know the circumstances surrounding that decision so I was hoping to get some incite from people with more knowledge on how he managed the team his first year.

Basically he spoke to NHL industry "experts" and they all vouched for Ruff and Regier. Face it, they did have a history of pretty good results over tumultuous ownership issues. The water was muddy. Pair that with the team absolutely catching on fire the Spring he bought the team and the status quo looked acceptable.

I would think he is speaking to people in and out of the NFL and getting a pretty good body of advice on how to proceed.

Edited by May Day 10