Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

Some of you guys know that I am a season ticket holder that now lives in Miami. I did not get a chance to go to the home opener.

Neverthless, I have made arrangements to fly up to Buffalo to attend the Sabres home opener and the Bills game against the Patriots (which will be the first game with the Pegulas as owners).

I anticipate that weekend will be a great time to visit Buffalo for all of you out-of-town guys. It should be a great celebration - especially if we beat the Pats.

Edited by Peter

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not even a consideration.

Anything could be a consideration but the the question was:

I was just wondering if anyone could present an argument as to why an owner may object? I know some people will not believe it even after it happens. There still hasn't been a logical reason yet but as of a week ago people were saying that Jerry or Kraft would vote it down but with zero reason why.

I was providing a reasonable objection if one of the owners wanted a reason.

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

Some good points. If Pegula kicks in upwards of $500 mil for a stadium, how long does it take him to recoup the costs? My guess is that he would never see $500 mil in profits in his lifetime from owning the stadium. The value of a stadium doesn't increase like the franchise does. It's not like Cowboy stadium where revenue streams via suites are through the roof.

That being said, I am positive he will contribute towards the costs, and like he said in the past, "if money becomes an issue, I'll just drill another well".

Here's hoping for some sort of covered stadium(fixed or retractable roof) near the FNC by the time the lease runs out.

BTW I think Pegula is the perfect new owner for some of the NFL owners with huge egos(Kraft, Jones, Snyder, etc...) who just can't get enough of the limelight. Pegula seems to be just the opposite, and therefore, not going to steal their media spotlight.

He will make it back on "Pegulaville" of which the stadium is just a part of.

This is all just a formality at this point.

The vetting is over. Absent surprise revelations about time spent in a Turkish prison and any gaps on his resume when he was a drug mule, it's as good as done.

Any owner voting against makes himself look bad, while creating enmity with someone who is going to be a business partner regardless.

kj

October 12th also :)

boom!!

Some of you guys know that I am a season ticket holder that now lives in Miami. I did not get a chance to go to the home opener.

Neverthless, I have made arrangements to fly up to Buffalo to attend the Sabres home opener and the Bills game against the Patriots (which will be the first game as the Pegulas as owners).

I anticipate that weekend will be a great time to visit Buffalo for all of you out-of-town guys. It should be a great celebration - especially if we beat the Pats.

that has the potential to be another epic weekend in Buffalo

I think McNair needs to get his turf problem fixed at Reliant before he starts advocating for other markets to build new stadiums.

Unless it's not possible from an engineering perspective, why can't the Bills perform a massive project in line with what Kansas City, Chicago, Green Bay, or New Orleans did? Is RWS that bad structurally and/or incapable of receiving this type of renovation?

Edited by BillsVet

I think McNair needs to get his turf problem fixed at Reliant before he starts advocating for other markets to build new stadiums.

Unless it's not possible from an engineering perspective, why can't the Bills perform a massive project in line with what Kansas City, Chicago, Green Bay, or New Orleans did? Is RWS that bad structurally and/or incapable of receiving this type of renovation?

Anything is possible the question becomes is it more cost effective to renovate vs a new build. Sometimes that answer is no. I would assume once the owners KP/TP will make that determination.

Anything is possible the question becomes is it more cost effective to renovate vs a new build. Sometimes that answer is no. I would assume once the owners KP/TP will make that determination.

Have to factor in the "tradition" I guess you could call it. Green bay and Chicago have had those stadiums since the beginning(much like us).