Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

The fact that there is even an argument about how much power Russ has ought to tell you all you need to know. Forget inside sources, just use common sense.

He's a guy who is where he is due to some unusual circumstances that left the team without an owner who was able to run it and without family members inclined to do so. Normally a son, wife, or daughter of the existing owner would just take over duties gradually. That happens all the time in the NFL. However, the Wilson family was not interested in doing that.

Thus it fell to Russ to be "the man" as all the same front office people stayed and continued to do all the same dysfunctional things. Littman (part of the trust) being pushed out by Russ? LOL. Sure! And I am really Batman!

There are going to be changes. Whoever bought the team there was going to be changes. For starters, the fact that the ACTUAL boss will be around and in charge is going to be a change.

The Pegulas will be at the facility. They will be in the rooms where decisions are made. They will sit at the NFL owners meetings. The Bills will have active participating owners again, and that means a LOT of the front office people who have been operating without any real accountability are in trouble.

Littman wasn't "pushed out" by Russ. He just didn't have the same authority that he did when Ralph was in charge. Make no mistake, when Ralph handed control over to Russ, the operation of the franchise--as a whole--changed significantly.

You may not be on board with what Russ has done in his 20+ months on the job; that's fine. The debate as to who's in charge is misplaced. Russ sets the budget and runs the business side (obviously that will change once the Peguals take over officially); Whaley runs all things football. Russ could overrule Whaley (or Marrone for that matter); it's incredibly unlikely he'd do that though. He wanted/wants his guys to sink or swim on their own decisions, not his.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that there is even an argument about how much power Russ has by a bunch of people who know nothing about what is really going on means nothing!

The fact that there is even an argument about how much power Russ has ought to tell you all you need to know. Forget inside sources, just use common sense.

I have a question regarding NFL ownership rules that I don't think has been addressed yet. Is this the right thread?

It is. You've come to the right place. Fire away. I know there are many people with questions regarding NFL Ownership rules that may or may not have been addressed :ph34r: