Marrone yells to Russ "go ahead and fire me"

papazoid

I don't believe this is a death blow for this team. In contrary, if each side sees problems with what the other is doing, conflict is necessary to bring about a better result. If it becomes dysfunctional to what is going on the field beginning this weekend-then it becomes a problem. People who are conflict averse shouldn't work in these types of jobs-NFL. Everyday with EVERY team is a contest amongst people just like in the corporate world.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jauron and Marrone: proven losers. That's a fact.

Jauron yes, Marrone no. If we can't judge a QB after 1 season, shouldn't that stand for a HC heading into his second season?

Brandon needs to go... His tenure has been anything but successful. It all starts up top.

Yep. Except Brandon (and perhaps Whaley) hired DM, expecting him to toe the company line. And DM isn't doing so at this point, because his career is at stake. Brandon will skate off to the NFL offices, wherever, and all will be well. But DM is in the prime of his coaching career and isn't about to let OBD lifers prevent him from doing what he needs to do to win. Dude may be arrogant, but most successful people have that trait.

You might want to do some of that growing up yourself. Powerful people do often have very strong wills and they do argue at times. (I wouldn't include NFL GMs and HCs as truly powerful people, but whatever.) Powerful people who run organizations don't argue amongst themselves in front of subordinates or the general public or media - and they don't do so in such a childish manner. They do it behind closed doors and present a united front to the subordinates regardless of what happened in private. Public arguing and unprofessional behavior does immense harm to the organization. Once it happens you will start to see divisions in the ranks, flight from the organization, lack of trust, etc. Any adult who has been in the workforce should know this.

This....Absolutely spot on!

The real issue here is not Marrone's temper, but the fact that he is clearly not on the same page with the FO. "Obviously" the FO does not approve of Marrone's handling of the personnel. I can't think of many successful organizations where the HC and the FO are not just not on the same page, but actively at war with each other. I'm guessing Marrone's odds for being the first coach fired this year just went through the roof.

Saying Marrone is not on the same page as the FO means you buy Canfora's unsourced article. Graham, Wawrow and Kirby - who all have sources at OBD - say the article is not entirely accurate.

Personally, I'm not jumping to conclusions though I will be watching more closely to see if I can discern a real rift and not just a temporary disagreement. Canfora's been wrong before and I'm hoping he's wrong now.

Edited by hondo in seattle

@LaurenBrill4

Marrone saying La Canfora article is both overblown and inaccurate

I don't know if this makes me feel better. If this is true, that means that someone from inside the Bills front office planted a stroryline with Lacanfora that undermines the head coach. Bills were notorious for this strategy when it came to planting rumors about players, but I don't recall anything of this sort regarding coaches. Note they used a national reporter to air this out.

Saying Marrone is not on the same page as the FO means you buy Canfora's unsourced article. Graham, Wawrow and Kirby - who all have sources at OBD - say the article is not entirely accurate.

Personally, I'm not jumping to conclusions though I will be watching more closely to see if I can discern a real rift and not just a temporary disagreement. Canfora's been wrong before and I'm hoping he's wrong now.

What else are sources at OBD going to say at this point?

I don't know if this makes me feel better. If this is true, that means that someone from inside the Bills front office planted a stroryline with Lacanfora that undermines the head coach. Bills were notorious for this strategy when it came to planting rumors about players, but I don't recall anything of this sort regarding coaches. Note they used a national reporter to air this out.

@JoeBuscaglia

So basically, the report came out, Marrone admitted there was a discussion, and then said the rest was overblown. #Bills

Tim graham doesn't strike me as one to spin anything bills related in a positive direction, especially when he has a chance to go the other way

Lacanfora is as speculative and inaccurate as they come in the national nfl media

Kirby's source has a track record of excellence

I don't care as long as they win. If they don't, none of this matters because saint doug will be gone anyway

Edited by YoloinOhio

Tim graham doesn't strike me as one to spin anything bills related in a positive direction, especially when he has a chance to go the other way

Lacanfora is as speculative and inaccurate as they come in the national nfl media

Kirby's source has a track record of excellence

I don't care as long as they win. If they don't, none of this matters because saint doug will be gone anyway

Bottom Line!

Are big egos clashing between leadership positions in Seattle? NE? Denver? Green Bay?......

Do you think they aren't? Polian may be the best GM in the history of the NFL. HE had friction with lots of people.

Again, who cares? People in leadership should argue. IF they don't settle their arguments and move on, it's an issue. But a cursing blow up? Meh.

(since we have 2 threads on this, I'll join the echo chamber as well)

Stirring the pot on the Friday before the season opener.

Good strategy to generate clicks when there are so many other competing sources to attract the eyeballs...

@JoeBuscaglia

So basically, the report came out, Marrone admitted there was a discussion, and then said the rest was overblown. #Bills

I realize that it may have been overblown. What concerns me is that somebody from the inside fed that overblown tale to Lacanfora. That's the bad part. I can't imagine that Lacanfora would make up the entire story.