Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is "TC?"

Training Camp. He played Dallas to release him by faking retirement. By signing w/ Bills, he skipped TC and gets to keep his Dallas bonus too. If he retired, he'd have to give some of bonus back. He signed a 3 year $10.5 M deal in 2012... smart guy. He kind of Byrded the Cowboys

Training Camp. He played Dallas to release him by faking retirement. By signing w/ Bills, he skipped TC and gets to keep his Dallas bonus too. If he retired, he'd have to give some of bonus back. He signed a 3 year $10.5 M deal in 2012... smart guy. He kind of Byrded the Cowboys

Nobody wants to play for Jerruh, even with the big palace of his.

Paul orndorff is mr wonderful, the old wrestler. There's also the Orton family of wrestlers. I'm assuming no relation.

Those aren't the Wonderful's or Orton's that he's referring to.

I personally feel much much better about the FO knowing that they saw our qb depth chart as unacceptable and have been trying to fix it.

Are you kidding me? Stevie Wonder saw how crappy our QB situation was.

FWIW, I thought Locker would never be able to lead a WR in the NFL and I have to say the he looked improved in that regard when I watched him the other night. I understand you point, you'll believe when you see it, but it just might happen, you never know.

I hope that you are right. No one wants to hear this but the flaws in Geno's game are much more correctable than the flaws in EJ's. Maybe neither will ever be good but I'd rather have the guy that throws to the wrong guy than the guy that throws wrong to the right guy.

seriously Whaley signs Palmer first, when Orton was sitting there. one has to wonder what the thinking was there?

Can it simply be $$$$ related? it has to be if the goal is to "win now".

But, Kyle Orton 35-35 as a starter. more TD's than Int's . When was the last time the bIlls had a QB with a record even close too .500?

my biggest concern is he drinks Jack. Someone will have to get that guy some Crown Royal.

I hope is over the disgrace of being benched for Tebow.

I hope that you are right. No one wants to hear this but the flaws in Geno's game are much more correctable than the flaws in EJ's. Maybe neither will ever be good but I'd rather have the guy that throws to the wrong guy than the guy that throws wrong to the right guy.

Until Geno starts throwing it to the right guy it's tough to tell how accurate he is. Maybe Geno will surprise me but I don't see him as a guy who's going to make the right read more often than not.

I'll take my chances with Manuel, a guy who looks the part, acts the part, is intelligent and is a hard worker. That's a pretty good combination and I'm willing to give a guy with those attributes a chance to fix some of his flaws. Now, those things don't guarantee anything but they sure do help a lot.

seriously Whaley signs Palmer first, when Orton was sitting there. one has to wonder what the thinking was there?

Most likely explanation - Whaley was trying to get Orton who wouldn't commit. But EJ and Tuel had to be protected from injury. So, Palmer was a warm body to simply play the last game of preseason till Orton realized he has no better option. Preseason over, Palmer's role was done and got cut. Orton calls Whaley from his sauna and agrees to sign.

this post seems like a very reasonable explanation

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/170216-kyle-orton-rumor-update-now-signed/page__st__200#entry3228815

But, Kyle Orton 35-35 as a starter. more TD's than Int's . When was the last time the bIlls had a QB with a record even close too .500?

my biggest concern is he drinks Jack. Someone will have to get that guy some Crown Royal.

I hope is over the disgrace of being benched for Tebow.

My 100% accurate assessment of Orton after watching the cowboys-eagles game in condensed mode in 14 minutes.

Smart guy as he used Whiten and Bryant all day long. Got a fast horse , ride em.

Completed nothing in the air over 15 yards. Couple plays would have drawn flags this year, but still no completions.

Two awful plays in clutch situations....one a 4 th and 1 where the ball was knocked down by DL

First play of drive with under 2 minutes and chance to win, throws behind the receiver and pick. very Fitz like!

Overall, tended to hit guys in stride, took all the underneath stuff, 3 balls thrown behind receivers that resulted in 2 picks.

Overall, not great but I feel better with him on the team.

Edited by plenzmd1

I'm a firm believer that backup QB is a very important position on any team that has aspirations of going to the playoffs. I'm not sure that the Bills are a playoff team or not, but it was almost criminal how they dealt with the position. It's good to know that they have been trying to sign Orton for two months. Rather than just sitting on their hands. We fans are often kept from information that would completely change our POV on some stuff.

So the fact that OBD was trying (unsuccessfully) for a while to sign Orton makes you think they know what they are doing with regard to the QB position? Not me. They were criminally negligent, and woke up only when the on-field results made the situation impossible to ignore.

Hopefully Ornton can learn the playbook and be ready for action in a couple weeks. I have serious concenrs about the ability of our front office to evaluate talent. Here we are again, a week before the start of the season making major personnel moves.

O_o