Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disgusting to me that it took until now for management to realize this. Absolutely disgusting. We could have gotten the veteran QB in the offseason and not have to feed him our offense inside of a week.

Or they thought Thad wouldn't be bad and got forced into this situation. Getting Orton now is about the best scenario possible in late August. Remember also that Orton wasn't available until just a month ago. For all we know, he was feeling serious about the retirement talk and the Bills were only now able to convince him to do otherwise.

Does it excuse not gunning for McCown or drafting someone else? No. But I'm happy to have Orton when we know Buffalo is always going to be a tough sell for FAs.

@ByTimGraham: Two sources tell me Bills have been trying to sign Kyle Orton for months because Thad Lewis played so poorly in OTAs. Lewis never rallied.

Using the Bills as a last resort. Classic Orton move.

Not one to pat myself on the back, I will leave it to others.

:lol:

Guys, Orton isn't the backup. I mean, that's how it'll start but it won't stay that way. And he's really quite good. He's got the balls of Fitz but better accuracy. The guy can play.

His completion percentage begs to differ.

Guys, Orton isn't the backup. I mean, that's how it'll start but it won't stay that way. And he's really quite good. He's got the balls of Fitz but better accuracy. The guy can play.

He's insurance. That's what's needed. The hope for all except a few mouth-breathers here is still that the kid with upside progresses. If he doesn't, we're in much better hands.

uh no he is not good. He has a noodle arm and buckles under any kind of rush. Hope he never needs to get his uni dirty.

uh no he is not good. He has a noodle arm and buckles under any kind of rush. Hope he never needs to get his uni dirty.

We don't know how committed Orton is now, I'll grant you that. But if he's the same old Kyle Orton, he was a (1) immobile, but (2) a pretty tough guy in his own way. Look, we're not talking about signing Peyton Manning. We're talking about signing someone who's basically an established league-average quarterback (not league average starter -- I'm taking backups into account too) with no significant chronic injuries (think Kolb and his concussions) who is still just 31 years old. And, sadly, that's an upgrade for the Bills.

I like Orton... Liked him alot more coming outta Purdue many moons ago... Shoulda got him then...

That said, I can't see a SINGLE WAY he helps this team as it currently exists... Orton isn't mobile at all. Lousy pocket presence.... I see him on the turf alot, if he ever needs to start for EJ... Shaping up to be a rough year folks.

He is good vet QB and can start in a pinch. The offensive line will have to protect the QBs this season. EJ is erratic when pressured and Orton is a statue. I like the signing because it gives the Bills a viable plan B if EJ gets hurt.

Orton reminds me of a better fitz (not by much), I can handle this. Maybe it pushes EJ. This hasnt been done since he was drafted. I mean K Kolb. The guy got beat and out of the league by a rubber mat! With the talent @ Wr & Rb on this team Orton would fill in just fine.

I also think EJ will b fine and will progress as the season goes on. Hope that D & running game can carry us.