Kyle Orton rumor [update : now signed]

YoloinOhio

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your love of tuel and dislike of ej is getting to be barbarian-like

I don't dislike EJ. I actually like him. I just don't think he's there yet, which is expected because he is raw and young. Orton is better than him right now (but much worse if you compare each after their rookie years).

I do like Tuel though, as a developmental guy. I just get baited too much into defending him.

Dude, he's like 31 and he's pretty dang good. He's efficient. He will be our starter at some point this year. I guarantee it.

Dude, the last time he saw significant playing time he was 3-10 as a starter benched for Tim freaking Tebow.

EJ won't get benched for Orton

That would be a pretty good QB lineup actually.

Depends on what you mean by controversy. Media and fans, perhaps. But what's important are coaches and the team. I think this is EJ's team and job to lose. I doubt they will be quick on the trigger here. Bailing on a 1st round pick with less than one year experience is a pretty stupid move, especially when you beefed up the WR corp and (supposedly) the OL. Neither QB will be ready to play for a few weeks. If EJ plays at an acceptable level, and shows improvement, the Bills have now found some legit depth. Let's just hope they don't need it too soon.

I am an EJ supporter, but regardless of that the organization has too many sunk costs in Manuel to make a quick move.

Whaley has said all along that they want a guy who can go .500 if he has to come in for a few games. They thought that could be Thad and it wasn't. Give the organization credit for A) holding Thad accountable and B) getting someone who can do that. As for the people that think they should have signed a backup earlier - I don't think Kyle Orton was excited about going through training camp.

Dude, the last time he saw significant playing time he was 3-10 as a starter benched for Tim freaking Tebow.

Dude, I'm not a stats guy...and wins are very important for a QB...but look at his stats that year. He wasn't the problem. What happened that year with Tebow was weird. He will be our starter by October.

Depends on what you mean by controversy. Media and fans, perhaps. But what's important are coaches and the team. I think this is EJ's team and job to lose. I doubt they will be quick on the trigger here. Bailing on a 1st round pick with less than one year experience is a pretty stupid move, especially when you beefed up the WR corp and (supposedly) the OL. Neither QB will be ready to play for a few weeks. If EJ plays at an acceptable level, and shows improvement, the Bills have now found some legit depth. Let's just hope they don't need it too soon.

I believe OBD has been terrified of a having anyone threaten their anointed one at QB despite the re-arranging of people in the front office. Happened with Fitz and it's happening again with EJ. They even went out of their way to say Fitz wasn't going to challenge Trentative in '09 when the former was signed. There's been no competition at that position while they preached about it at other positions.

At a minimum the QB controversy will crop up when EJ struggles, because as we all know, the backup QB is the most popular guy in town. At the same time, this is move to send a message to EJ that his play is unsatisfactory (despite how delusional EJ is post-game when he says he played well) and he can be yanked by someone better than Jeff Tuel or Thad Lewis.