RUSH!

loedward22

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

Someone want to translate this newbie's post for an old guy?

he's suggesting that the solution to the team's offensive woes is to rely less on ej and more on the running backs.

Edited by Dirtbag

he's suggesting that the solution to the team's offensive woes is to rely less on ej and more on the running backs.

Well in that case:

Brilliant post! Welcome to the forum.

:lol:

So Rush talks about everyone's sacks, white, black, brown, or other?

Still seems a little blue for him.

i listen to rush, why the harsh judgment?

It was a joke. But listening to political commentators who cling to an ideology (be it "conservative", "liberal/progressive", "libertarian" or whatever), care more about promoting that ideology (and attacking their perceived opposition) and concocting fake controversy, than reasonably discussing issues and the pros and cons of various solutions, strikes me as a rather unproductive exercise. (Was that last sentence long enough?) For the most part these commentators are speaking to a base that already agrees with everything they say, and their listeners take what they say as gospel, and at face value. Sometimes I think they are more akin to robots than people.

I can't listen to sports talk for some of the same reasons (phony controversy, extreme judgements, etc).

It was a joke. But listening to political commentators who cling to an ideology (be it "conservative", "liberal/progressive", "libertarian" or whatever), care more about promoting that ideology (and attacking their perceived opposition) and concocting fake controversy, than reasonably discussing issues and the pros and cons of various solutions, strikes me as a rather unproductive exercise. (Was that last sentence long enough?) For the most part these commentators are speaking to a base that already agrees with everything they say, and their listeners take what they say as gospel, and at face value. Sometimes I think they are more akin to robots than people.

I can't listen to sports talk for some of the same reasons (phony controversy, extreme judgements, etc).

that is a wise decision on your part

Based on your post, I have several excellent candidates from TSW who should host sports talk shows. It would be pure entertainment. :lol:

The thing about RUSH and Anne coulter, and .... well everyone on the left that takes such polarizing stances... its an act. They are demagogues, for the cleveland Brown fans who may be lurking, a demagogue is a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

they are mouth pieces whose sole purpose is to state the farthest right or left position that the party has and see how strong the reaction is to it. They are weather vanes that all the more "reasonable" canidates use to judge exactly how far they can push certain policies and platforms. Its thier JOB to stir the pot and get people to hate them, its why NONE of them run for office. understanding thier purpose is to make me hate them left or right a little less. DOn't fo an instance believe that they take what they do seriously. They want a strong reaction. THey WANT to be hated. But most imporantly they want to put idea's and conversations out there and get people talking. So that thier pollsters can data mine people opinions, and they can do exactly what you claim that they are incapable of, talk rationally and get stuff done.

Edited by hullhawk

The thing about RUSH and Anne coulter, and .... well everyone on the left that takes such polarizing stances... its an act. They are demagogues, for the cleveland Brown fans who may be lurking, a demagogue is a political leader who seeks support by appealing to popular desires and prejudices rather than by using rational argument.

they are mouth pieces whose sole purpose is to state the farthest right or left position that the party has and see how strong the reaction is to it. They are weather vanes that all the more "reasonable" canidates use to judge exactly how far they can push certain policies and platforms. Its thier JOB to stir the pot and get people to hate them, its why NONE of them run for office. understanding thier purpose is to make me hate them left or right a little less. DOn't fo an instance believe that they take what they do seriously. They want a strong reaction. THey WANT to be hated. But most imporantly they want to put idea's and conversations out there and get people talking. So that thier pollsters can data mine people opinions, and they can do exactly what you claim that they are incapable of, talk rationally and get stuff done.

so i take it you have no political stance then.. you, like another poster, choose not to listen?.. good for you.. in my case i have strong political beliefs and do listen to various outlets and make my own judgments..

they are mouth pieces whose sole purpose is to state the farthest right or left position that the party has and see how strong the reaction is to it. They are weather vanes that all the more "reasonable" canidates use to judge exactly how far they can push certain policies and platforms. Its thier JOB to stir the pot and get people to hate them, its why NONE of them run for office. understanding thier purpose is to make me hate them left or right a little less. DOn't fo an instance believe that they take what they do seriously. They want a strong reaction. THey WANT to be hated. But most imporantly they want to put idea's and conversations out there and get people talking. So that thier pollsters can data mine people opinions, and they can do exactly what you calim that they are incapable of, talk rationally and get stuff done.

While they are caricatures I think you give them too much credit to think the purpose of their extremeness is to act as whether vanes. I agree that many of their ilk don't believe half of what they say, but do it for entertainment. They may function as whether vanes, but that's different than a purposeful goal. I'm pretty sure their intent is to garner ratings/popularity/money. And they don't run for office for several reasons, but mostly because there's not as much money in it.

But this is getting way too political for TSW. I apologize.

Edited by The Dean

i listen to rush, why the harsh judgment?

CANADIAN!!!!

CBF

I think it's funny how the CRTC goes to such great lengths to keep non left opinions out of the ears of Canadians. And in Canada's biggest city, anyone there can turn on little WBEN AM radio and be lambasted---be dunk tanked-- by the king of America's Right Rush Limbaugh. And there's really nothing they and their billions of dollars can do about it. -- BTW I'm a left thinking union guy who likes the irony of it all.

People actually listen to Rush?

Rush is arguably the greatest trio of all time and one of the best bands of all time. Drummer Neil Peart is Rolling Stone Magazine's 3rd greatest Drummer of all time, Guitarist Alex Lifeson is Rolling Stone's 98th of all time, and Lead Singer, Bassist, and Keyboard Player Geddy Lee is Rolling Stone Magazine's 4th great bassist of all time. Did you know Rush's sales statistics place them third to only The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive Gold or Platinum studio albums by a Rock Band? Plus a star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame and 2013 inductee into The Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. Their newest album ''Clockwork Angels'' debuted #2 on Billboards Top 200 in June of 2012. It's concerts to this day sell out across the globe. Does people ''actually listen to Rush''? you bet ya!

Edited by nader

I think it's funny how the CRTC goes to such great lengths to keep non left opinions out of the ears of Canadians. And in Canada's biggest city, anyone there can turn on little WBEN AM radio and be lambasted---be dunk tanked-- by the king of America's Right Rush Limbaugh. And there's really nothing they and their billions of dollars can do about it. -- BTW I'm a left thinking union guy who likes the irony of it all.

who would have thought??

I think you're very eloquent in your assessment, but also over-thinking the real dynamic:

http://www.celebritynetworth.com/richest-celebrities/rush-limbaugh-net-worth/

Pretty good for a failed disk jockey...

Red Barchetta....

*stands and applauds in appreciation for this insane post*