EJ's post game press conference

Sooner than later he will be wearing a visor to press conferences

And you'll still be here. Bitching.

You seem like you might be one of those Bills fans who prefer the team to lose, so that you can pretend you are a superior human being for heaping praise upon any bad performance or finding the silver lining in yet another 6-10 season.

You seem like one of those bill fans who writes off the season before it has even started. So you can show us how real and right you were. You're in a glass house. You do see the irony in what you said, right?

Edited by buffaloriles

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen the way EJ brushes his teeth? I don't think he pays enough attention to the details. He uses too much paste---you really don't need that much. And too much circular motion. But the worst part is, he uses a power brush. C'mon man! How can you respect a QB who doesn't use an old fashioned Oral B? Do you think OL respects this power brush using pansy?

You seem like you might be one of those Bills fans who prefer the team to lose, so that you can pretend you are a superior human being for heaping praise upon any bad performance or finding the silver lining in yet another 6-10 season.

No, not at all. I am as frustrated as anyone, but I don't take glee in watching the players struggle, and it seems that there are those can only see the worst, and ignore the good in certain things, in this case, the play of the starting QB. We complain all the time about the national meida types who slight our team, or don't have any knowledge of the team...but many here are the same. I saw yesterdays game on the NFL Network. Afterwards, and at half-time, the NFL Network talking heads were bashing EJ, showing over and over again the pick he threw. Tasker pointed it out on the broadcast, but not a single one of the NFL Network guys mentioned that Chandler slipped on the play...they only saw the pic, and saw it as fodder for criticizing Manuel. He made a good read, and a good throw...he can't anticipate his guy wiping out on the turf... now, we have people ripping the QB for his press conferences, and his demeanor. It seems like many, maybe you too, are just entrenched in the position that Manuel sucks, and can never get better. I am under no illusion that he has been stellar, and he has flaws... but I am also aware that he was considered a raw prospect coming in, and, in my eyes, has shown improvement in some areas. I happen to think he makes pretty sound decisions,,, he is playing with an extremely thin playbook right now, the defenses know exactly what the Bills are going to do... but there are so many fans who overreact to pre-season games, and act as though they mean the world...just a bunch that, because of 14 years of losing it seems, seem to prefer the team to lose, because it is a lot easier to be negative than it is to see anything positive. I don't hold the 2014 Bills responsible for the losses of the 2005 Bills, but that is the mentality that seems to be eating away at the Bills fan base.

No, not at all. I am as frustrated as anyone, but I don't take glee in watching the players struggle, and it seems that there are those can only see the worst, and ignore the good in certain things, in this case, the play of the starting QB. We complain all the time about the national meida types who slight our team, or don't have any knowledge of the team...but many here are the same. I saw yesterdays game on the NFL Network. Afterwards, and at half-time, the NFL Network talking heads were bashing EJ, showing over and over again the pick he threw. Tasker pointed it out on the broadcast, but not a single one of the NFL Network guys mentioned that Chandler slipped on the play...they only saw the pic, and saw it as fodder for criticizing Manuel. He made a good read, and a good throw...he can't anticipate his guy wiping out on the turf... now, we have people ripping the QB for his press conferences, and his demeanor. It seems like many, maybe you too, are just entrenched in the position that Manuel sucks, and can never get better. I am under no illusion that he has been stellar, and he has flaws... but I am also aware that he was considered a raw prospect coming in, and, in my eyes, has shown improvement in some areas. I happen to think he makes pretty sound decisions,,, he is playing with an extremely thin playbook right now, the defenses know exactly what the Bills are going to do... but there are so many fans who overreact to pre-season games, and act as though they mean the world...just a bunch that, because of 14 years of losing it seems, seem to prefer the team to lose, because it is a lot easier to be negative than it is to see anything positive. I don't hold the 2014 Bills responsible for the losses of the 2005 Bills, but that is the mentality that seems to be eating away at the Bills fan base.

Amen.

EJ was much improved yesterday, even if the results were less than ideal. And, of course the results in the end are all that matter. But the pick wasn't on him. He had a few poor throws. But when given some time I thought he threw the ball pretty well. I'm not sold on EJ, but I'm not convinced he sucks and won't get better, either. And, the fact is, we have no real choice in the matter. Nobody better is available (despite what some of you think). He's big, strong, smart and fortunately doesn't hang his head when he makes a mistake. Don't think for a minute when he puts it behind him that he isn't trying to learn from it.

Of course with the play of the OL in the TB game, I'm not sure he will survive long enough to get better.

Now the kids post preseason game interviews are getting scruitiny?? Geeeeze... Get a grip people. He present the exact image on the podium you want your young QB to present.

The fumble was his fault, the pick could have been on chandler or him and the inability to establish a run will make or break this team.. But make no mistake the preseason press conference was textbook execution.

Some Bills fans, per usual, have their pitchforks in hand and torches lit. This year is particularly unbearable.

Edited by Mango

Commendable post. :thumbsup:

For the love of god can the regular season get here.

It will eventually get here. And the posts will most likely be 100% the same. Ej sucks. So far, he does. If he, hackett or the OL happens to improve dramatically over the next couple weeks, we'll be looking for a new starting QB this off season. He fails the eyeball test when I watch him play. But I'm rooting for the bum!

Amen.

EJ was much improved yesterday, even if the results were less than ideal. And, of course the results in the end are all that matter. But the pick wasn't on him. He had a few poor throws. But when given some time I thought he threw the ball pretty well. I'm not sold on EJ, but I'm not convinced he sucks and won't get better, either. And, the fact is, we have no real choice in the matter. Nobody better is available (despite what some of you think). He's big, strong, smart and fortunately doesn't hang his head when he makes a mistake. Don't think for a minute when he puts it behind him that he isn't trying to learn from it.

Of course with the play of the OL in the TB game, I'm not sure he will survive long enough to get better.

Reading the board makes me feel like someone is in some sort of alternate reality.

I think what's "unbearable" is that I think most of us agree on one thing, we've got a lot of talent (I think we did last year too). We just need some to distribute the ball.

Clearly that is your opinion (as well as a number of other posters) and you are welcome to voice it all you want. However, please don't presume the vast majority of fans feel the same way you do

Clearly that is your opinion (as well as a number of other posters) and you are welcome to voice it all you want. However, please don't presume the vast majority of fans feel the same way you do

I'm not sure what the poster's intent with that was, but I think what he said is pretty true. I think "most of us agree we have a lot of talent and we just need someone to distribute the ball." On the surface, I think most everyone believes that to be true. There are a portion of fans who think the whole team sucks, or that we are a 6-10 team at best even if we had an all-pro QB. But I think most people here think we have a pretty good team with a lot of talent all around.

If the intention of the poster was to imply that most here think we need a new QB, then I don't think what he said is true. There are a lot of EJ fans and a lot more that just don't know and are willing to give him this year to grow.

But whether you like EJ or hate him or are somewhere in between or in a wait and see mode, I think most fans would agree that we have a lot of talent and we just need someone to distribute the ball to them. If it's EJ great, if it's someone else, great.

I got the impression that the poster was implying that EJ sucks though. But I'm not sure.

For the love of god can the regular season get here.

Careful what you ask for.

You take offense because someone says that the team has a lot of talent? You take offense because he starts the sentence with "I think" then you point out that he's voicing his opinion?

There's plenty to B word about but not one of them was in the post you took offense to.

Ok I got it. Chandler is to blame. Targeted for int's in consecutive weeks. Should have kept the pick and drafted ebron. Moo hoo haa haa

If you saw the play the INT was all on Chandler. He tripped over his own feet and feel down. Manual's pass was on target but before the slip. You cannot possibly blame that on the QB. Plus his receiver fumbled another ball. If you watch carefully Manual wasn't that bad yesterday.

I'm seriously considering becoming a seahawk fan. First I thought it was just the nut jobs on the board.....Then the booing came after 1 drive. This fan base is losing its mind. #seahawknation

Don't go. Just follow the team YOU love. Dont worry about "fans"

Now the kids post preseason game interviews are getting scruitiny?? Geeeeze... Get a grip people. He present the exact image on the podium you want your young QB to present.

The fumble was his fault, the pick could have been on chandler or him and the inability to establish a run will make or break this team.. But make no mistake the preseason press conference was textbook execution.

I agree. I was alarmed at the poor play by the entire offense, including EJ and especially the OL, but to criticize his press conferences is silly. I believe than he is working hard and I *hope* that the OL shuffling is over so that maybe they can get some cohesion.

I am less confident today than I was before the game, but I am still hopeful that the O can pull it together. There is lots of (young/inexperienced) talent on this team. Hopefully, they can grow quickly.

In general it was lousy o-line play that was really pissing me off the most. While it is great to move people around to find your best five, the time has past picking them and letting them play together. Cohesiveness carries it's greatest importance with an o-line. This is on Marine....

Edited by Spiderweb

I saw the highlights the night of the game on NFL Network...Danial Jeremiah did chime in on the INT with something like... "To be fair the TE Chandler fell down on the play...Still a bad pass though..." I thought that was an interesting analysis...It's a quick throw...it's not like EJ watched him fall and still threw it...He's throwing to a spot expecting Chandler to be there...Chandler is 6-7...Had he not fallen Chandler would have made his break in front of the Safety and the throw would have definitely been in the vicinity...EJ's looking at the spot, and the Safety...He's trying to lead Chandler...He's not looking at Chandler...The play calls for Chandler to flash in front of the Safety...How is that still a bad throw?...I agree these guys just want to beat EJ up...But I guess that comes with the territory of being an NFL QB... B-)

EJ is not only clueless on the field, his demeanor suggests that he doesn't want to be there, and he is in fact, relieved to get off of the field after every failed drive.- Just like Trent Edwards.

My goodness where do you people dream these things up?