EJ's post game press conference

I'm not sure what the poster's intent with that was, but I think what he said is pretty true. I think "most of us agree we have a lot of talent and we just need someone to distribute the ball." On the surface, I think most everyone believes that to be true. There are a portion of fans who think the whole team sucks, or that we are a 6-10 team at best even if we had an all-pro QB. But I think most people here think we have a pretty good team with a lot of talent all around.

If the intention of the poster was to imply that most here think we need a new QB, then I don't think what he said is true. There are a lot of EJ fans and a lot more that just don't know and are willing to give him this year to grow.

But whether you like EJ or hate him or are somewhere in between or in a wait and see mode, I think most fans would agree that we have a lot of talent and we just need someone to distribute the ball to them. If it's EJ great, if it's someone else, great.

I got the impression that the poster was implying that EJ sucks though. But I'm not sure.

I think the point people are making is that the whole offense sucked Sunday, not just Manuel. We do have a lot of talent, but it is young talent that needs to develop, and grow together. It needs time.

The kicker is that the fan base won't give it time because "14 years without playoffs!!!", which as bad as it is, is irrelevant. The 2005 Bills had an entirely different team, coach, gm, and soon even owner.

All people are asking is for people to give it time before getting their pitchforks, and demoralizing the players.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In general it was lousy o-line play that was really pissing me off the most. While it is great to move people around to find your best five, the time has past picking them and letting them play together. Cohesiveness carries it's greatest importance with an o-line. This is on Marine....

This does seem to be on Marrone because barring injuries, the coaching staff should be settled by this point on the 5 starters for the offensive line. This is creating more confusion, inconsistency, and a lack of communication resulting in a lot of blown assignments. On some plays I saw 6 guys blocking 3 while the 4th rusher came unblocked.

Right now Glenn is back, Henderson has played well enough to challenge Pears, Wood is settled in at center, Ubrik has been as good as anyone else at right guard and they signed Chris Williams for decent free agent money. If he doesn't start then I question the signing and the thought process. Richardson and Kojo aren't ready.

And EJ's body language just doesn't send the signals of a guy that is comfortable and confident playing the QB position for whatever reason. Maybe its on him, maybe its the on-line, maybe its the play calling? Or some combination of them? One of my nephews who isn't a Bills fan told me that he gets the impression from watching that the Bills offense seems fairly predictable (he got no argument from me on that) and that EJ seems to just run the play called by the OC and doesn't audible out when making his pre-snap reads. At a minimum it gave me something more to think about.

I'm getting a little off-topic but I guess that begs the question how much freedom is the coaching staff giving the QB to audible out of the play calls? I realize this is still only pre-season but has Hackett designed an offense around the talent or is he trying to fit the talent to the design? The second alternative is rarely a path to success. I know the OC is often viewed as a convenient scapegoat but is our biggest problem really that our OC in over his head and the HQ is oblivious or ignoring this problem?

Edited by All_Pro_Bills