TC fights, ineffectual play, is Marrone losing the team?

Oh jeez, give it up, dude! We get it. You're a great seer who was able to divine the team's collapse from an incident at training camp. It's not your opinion people find offensive, it's the incessant gloating over a mostly innocuous dust up after the longest training camp in recent memory. Who knows? By the end of the season, we may look back at events from this week as the catalyst for a playoff season. Who knows? Not I. Nor you.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Redskins may have a problem on there hands. Kurt Cousins is looking real good

And RG3 is not looking so good. Is it possible RG3 could be had in a trade. If he could

I would do some back channel talking with the Skins. How about Spiller and a 2016 number

1 pick.

You want to trade another first round pick AND CJ for a QB that you just said yourself is not looking good? Why would we do that?

Changing the culture of a losing organization ain't easy. Sometimes being responsible means pissing people off. I just think of all the times they were playing with a lead in the 4th quarter and everyone was waiting for the wheels to fall off. I think he is trying to instill the discipline required to close the deal. Not everyone is going to buy into this and they need to be weeded out.

After looking at yesterday game Marrone is clearly losing the fans. The offense probably works much better against big east competition. Hackett/Marrone aren't getting it done. This offense is not prepared. I find myself remembering the good ole days of Trent Edwards.

While Lovie seemed to have his team prepared and knows what it takes to compete in this league, Marrone is still trying to figure this out as a head coach. I am very impressed with the defense but they won't stand a chance if on the field all the time. With no first rounder next year the present coaching regime will need to change if we want to win. We still have weapons and may just be a solid veteran QB away from winning. Time for a change!

You've got to be kidding me.

Blame the play calling.

Blame the running game/penalties that came with it

Blame the WR's who repeatedly fell running routes.

Blame the poor O Line play.

Blame the poor throws/decisions by the QB

But are you really going to claim "they didn't try hard enough, because manuel got his job too easy?" Give me a break. The whole damn offense played poorly. Stop focusing on the QB.

We have a young team, and young players are going to make stupid comments when we lose. Thats the gist of it.

The problem seems to be the playcalling. Everyone and their mother could see we ran like 5 different plays the entire game. Either Hackett is saving the playbook for the games that matter, or he is an idiot. I'm leaning towards idiot.

Exactly :thumbsup:

It amazes me that so many fans simply focus all the troubles on the QB.

The Atlanta Falcons have a playoff caliber QB, and went 4-12 last year because of a bad O line, and injuries to the starting WR's & RB. This alone tells me its more then just all about the QB!

It was just a bad game. Everything went wrong. The refs went nuts with the flags. On CJ Spiller's run for 9, suddenly it's 2nd and 10. then 2nd and 30. then 2nd and 40. wtf. the call on Eric Wood was messed up. The first couple preseason games we didn't get so many flags. Blah blah blah. Move on.org.

The Atlanta Falcons have a playoff caliber QB, and went 4-12 last year because of a bad O line, and injuries to the starting WR's & RB. This alone tells me its more then just all about the QB!

You mean like this?

4347c7cebd7dad386de27914c8ff5a15_normal.jpegJason Cole @JasonPhilCole · 9h

#Bills coach Doug Marrone was told by several staffers, players at end of 2013 that QB EJ Manuel wasn't good enough. Preseason is troubling

Whoa. definitely not good if true. Cole is pretty reliable, as far as I can recall. He's broken some fairly big nfl stories over the years.

Edited by dave mcbride

And we played without 1 WR yesterday...

Also see Indianapolis Colts - Peyton Manning Playoffs, without 2-14

NFL players know it and feel it when they are playing for and being led by good coaching. My view is that, outside the defensive side of the ball because we have good coaching top to bottom there, I sense that the core of the team is losing faith with the Head Coach and some of the Offensive Coaches, especially our way over matched and outclassed offensive coordinator.

But Greggo Marrone gets to keep his yes men and his thin skin stays intact as a result. It will be interesting to see if when he implodes he will be less popular than even his soul mate Greggg Williams. The right thing to do would have been to can him after last year honestly. Once he declined to changed ST coach it should have been a GIANT red lag as Crossman has a decade record of futility. The OC is obviously there so as not to threaten the HC. He is still learning to shave for Pete's sake.

Alan Branch was a .14 and he was puking? He is either a lightweight or he was thinking of Marrone and that made him puke. Maybe he said something or wore a funny t-shirt so Marrone had to cut him.

At this point, without a true owner, these guys are lucky to be where they are. 31 teams with living owners would have had them on the unemployment line by now.

I like Whaley and hope the new owner keeps him but I would think a brand new coach should be here day 2 of the new ownership.

Hughes got called out by Marrone because there was a fight the day before, and Hughes pooh-poohed it in front of the team. Marrone said there is no place for it. There was a fight the very next day and again Hughes pooh-poohed it. So Marrone lit into him. And then after the practice (lied) and said he told Hughes that he loved how he played because it really wasnt a big deal.

There really isnt anything here whatsoever. The players have been in camp two weeks longer than normal and tempers are high on the eve of cutdowns. This happens all the time. Marrone is just a coach that hates fighting, so he got a little more pissed than normal because it was two days in a row. A minor skirmish the second one.

Hughes got called out by Marrone because there was a fight the day before, and Hughes pooh-poohed it in front of the team. Marrone said there is no place for it. There was a fight the very next day and again Hughes pooh-poohed it. So Marrone lit into him. And then after the practice (lied) and said he told Hughes that he loved how he played because it really wasnt a big deal.

There really isnt anything here whatsoever. The players have been in camp two weeks longer than normal and tempers are high on the eve of cutdowns. This happens all the time. Marrone is just a coach that hates fighting, so he got a little more pissed than normal because it was two days in a row. A minor skirmish the second one.

Hughes actually said something along the lines of "so many days in a row with pads and you are going to have fights".....the next day....pads....more fights. Hughes probably said I told you so and Marrone's thin skin kicked in. Hughes was right and Marrone wrong, which can't be a surprise to anyone but Marrone and Marrone couldn't handle it so he yelled like a jerk. I wonder how many players other tun Hughes have had enough of this blowhard idiot.

Hughes actually said something along the lines of "so many days in a row with pads and you are going to have fights".....the next day....pads....more fights. Hughes probably said I told you so and Marrone's thin skin kicked in. Hughes was right and Marrone wrong, which can't be a surprise to anyone but Marrone and Marrone couldn't handle it so he yelled like a jerk. I wonder how many players other tun Hughes have had enough of this blowhard idiot.

I doubt he said I told you so, but if he did, any coach on any level at any sport would have lit into him. That's an unacceptable thing to say to any coach in that situation.

Not that I believe for a second that he said I told you so.

And Hughes after he said so many days you're gonna have fights, said "I love it! That's what happens, baby!" Marrone got pissed because Hughes said he loved the fights.