TC fights, ineffectual play, is Marrone losing the team?

My opinion,

The entire team plus coaches is under to much pressure to win now.

The quarterback situation is now becoming a source of frustration as the offense sputters

The coaching staff believes more practice will solve everything but the team is NOT buying into this.

DOUG MARRONE realizes his job is no longer safe as the team struggles thru preseason.

Well, at least he tried to do something drastic, the past coaches in BUFFALO did nothing......

oh no.....

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my take on the whole thing. Looking at it from Marrone's point of view, this seems to be unraveling due to what some earlier posters stated. First, this OC is weak and it's showing up on the field. I don't know if EJ is the answer but we sure didn't provide ourselves with any options or security nets. Like someone alluded to earlier, Schwartz seems to coach dirty football and no self control and an !@#$ like Hughs needs to be put in check.

Regardless if we like it or not but if I were Marrone I would facilitate a trade for Hugh's ASAP, cut Bryan Johnson and demand Schwartz to start cleaning up the attitudes. Isn't Hughs the other culprit in Dareus' drag racing fiasco? The guy is becoming more and more of a cancer and now I would be afraid that it's starting to spread into the lockerroom. This is Hugh's last year in Buffalo, get something for him now before we just let him walk for free.

I'm only saying all this to save some unity. We are not going to replace any of our coaches now in this season. The best thing at this point is to do some damage control and try and salvage this team by some subtractions, descipline and restore order before it's all too late, if it isn't already.

Hughes wasn't involved in the fight, but yelled a few things from the sideline, including: "Twenty-one days in pads and counting. I love it!"

To me the above quote says it all. He was clearly mocking Doug Marrone approach when the team is not improving much

Interesting.. I was going to say your post was embarrassing.

This. Obviously the OP has years of experience as a head coach in the NFL. He knows way more than Marrone about when and how to discipline his players. Pull- lease! From every account I read, Marrone did exactly as he should have done. The players, including Hughes responded accordingly and got right in line.

agree to disagree. It's the HCs job to run the team and win games. Not to cater to the players. That creates soft players.

Btw, he isn't a hard a** all the time. He breaks them down when he needs to and then builds them back up. Urban Meyer does the same thing. Not sure why it is so crazy to see a coach with high expectations. The players need to change, not him.

Thats a fine post Ohio . Since he is responsible for each of their welfare and the team as a whole. due respect should be given to the Coach.

But this might be more complicated then first blush. still not sure Hughes was insulting. i bet they are straight by now. and Hughes , among others know who is Boss

So when somebody talks back to an authority figure the authority figure has automatically, "lost control?" Kids talk back to their parents, to their teachers and employs to bosses. It's what happens when people can't control their emotions. In no way does that equal "losing control."

Personally, I like seeing some guys get angry out there. It's better than the sleepwalk we've seen the past decade.

They ARE engaged with the program at least : >