TC fights, ineffectual play, is Marrone losing the team?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet Russ Brandon a guy who has no business being an NFL GM was making personal decisions back in 2007 for the organization.

It's when you have guys like that making decisions why they have been among the most pathetic in sports.

That is 100% correct, but we are in a much better position now, no ?

Ha ha, no problem. I am basing that prediction on last year plus the reports of his training camp.

I have no doubt, after last year, he can do it. Think maybe he's trying to get some new leaders or future leaders going ? Between Hughes and Woods it's like he's trying to get them going. Almost like poking the angry bear.

I have no doubt, after last year, he can do it. Think maybe he's trying to get some new leaders or future leaders going ? Between Hughes and Woods it's like he's trying to get them going. Almost like poking the angry bear.

I think that you are right on in terms of his intentions. Unfortunately, I think that he is coming across more like Schiano than Coughlin. IMO he is failing to reach the players though. Tough love is one thing (which personally I don't think works with the modern athlete) but butting heads is another. Marrone needs to find that balance.

I think that you are right on in terms of his intentions. Unfortunately, I think that he is coming across more like Schiano than Coughlin. IMO he is failing to reach the players though. Tough love is one thing (which personally I don't think works with the modern athlete) but butting heads is another. Marrone needs to find that balance.

You could be right, but I'm sure a lot of new coaches go through a feeling out period. I think almost any way works as long as you win in the first 2-3 years, time will tell.

You could be right, but I'm sure a lot of new coaches go through a feeling out period. I think almost any way works as long as you win in the first 2-3 years, time will tell.

Tough love is easier if you have a reputation to stand on. If you are going to be tough you better prove that you aren't just an A-hole and your methods work. Coughlin is a good example. On the outside he looks like a tough guy but players can at least say, "this guy has won 2 Super Bowls." It's much tougher to get buy in from Schiano than Coughlin. Right now Marrone is closer to Schiano than Coughlin. He is like Gregg Williams with the bullhorn.

Tough love is easier if you have a reputation to stand on. If you are going to be tough you better prove that you aren't just an A-hole and your methods work. Coughlin is a good example. On the outside he looks like a tough guy but players can at least say, "this guy has won 2 Super Bowls." It's much tougher to get buy in from Schiano than Coughlin. Right now Marrone is closer to Schiano than Coughlin. He is like Gregg Williams with the bullhorn.

Like I said in an earlier post when he went to Jacksonville He had no reputation, and was a complete and utter a-hole. He made Doug look very tame. Winning cures a lot of ill-wills, players even say that.

Like I said in an earlier post when he went to Jacksonville He had no reputation, and was a complete and utter a-hole. He made Doug look very tame. Winning cures a lot of ill-wills, players even say that.

Absolutely but that's the point. People will buy into Coughlin's methods now -not Marrone's. If Marrone had 2 Super Bowls he could be an A-Hole but his resume is one 6-10 season.

Absolutely but that's the point. People will buy into Coughlin's methods now -not Marrone's. If Marrone had 2 Super Bowls he could be an A-Hole but his resume is one 6-10 season.

Understand. One thing I read Doug told Jerry he loved how he played and practiced and wished some of the others were doing the same. In my experience there usually needs to be some self-policing in the workplace. Something i think the Bills have been missing for a long time. A lot of the effort over the last 10-15 years would have never flew in the late 80s-mid 90s. Kelly, Thomas, Tally, Reed, Bruce, ect. would have never allowed it. Have a good night Kirby, off to bed.

Understand. One thing I read Doug told Jerry he loved how he played and practiced and wished some of the others were doing the same. In my experience there usually needs to be some self-policing in the workplace. Something i think the Bills have been missing for a long time. A lot of the effort over the last 10-15 years would have never flew in the late 80s-mid 90s. Kelly, Thomas, Tally, Reed, Bruce, ect. would have never allowed it. Have a good night Kirby, off to bed.

Totally agree!! Hopefully, they will get it together over the next 2 weeks.

I have cleaned up the last 2 pages of this thread. I don't have time to clean up pages 1-5. Please stop the personal attacks.

I think that you are a jerk for even suggesting the personal attacks stop. Maybe if you weren't such a terrible human being we wouldn't have these problems? :)

This is one of the main reasons I wanted Lovie. We wouldn't be having buy in issues (if that's what we got now) with a coach with a track record of success. If the Bucs do better than us this year I'm going to be so done with this team. :flirt:

Edited by reddogblitz

It's a different generation too; the Miracle on Ice is almost 35 years ago.

Different age level also. Being a hardazz to high school and college athletes is one thing.

Professionals? Different ball of wax.

It's the HC responsibility to get the players to buy in to his system.

If the players don't and/or refuse, they know the HC will be gone before they are.

Different age level also. Being a hardazz to high school and college athletes is one thing.

Professionals? Different ball of wax.

It's the HC responsibility to get the players to buy in to his system.

If the players don't and/or refuse, they know the HC will be gone before they are.

This is all about creating accountability and respect. Its been Marrones mantra since he got here. LIke I said earlier i loved the move today and I hope they show up Saturday and bust some heads. This team is close and for the first time in 15 years we have the talent to win consistently. Someone needs to change the attitude and culture of losing and beating ourselves. Will his tirade change the way the team responds to adversity? I have no idea, but I'm glad he said "get your **** together" instead of "its hard to win in the NFL."

Change the attitude. Change the thinking.

I have cleaned up the last 2 pages of this thread. I don't have time to clean up pages 1-5. Please stop the personal attacks.

Not cool man. If the bills can fight and even threaten murder, why cant we?

Jk

This is one of the main reasons I wanted Lovie. We wouldn't be having buy in issues (if that's what we got now) with a coach with a track record of success. If the Bucs do better than us this year I'm going to be so done with this team. :flirt:

Sure you will