Who should stay on with new ownership?

Beerball

Who stays and who goes?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Does Brandon deserve to stay on with new ownership?

• Yes, he's done a decent job and deserves more time.
    • No, he doesn't deserve more time.
  2. 2. Does Whaley deserve to stay on with new ownership?

3. 3. Does Marrone deserve to stay on with new ownership?

I'd love to know if any stipulations were included in the sale to secure positions for Littman, Overdorf & Brandon?

Littman will certainly be gone. People are ALWAYS going to put their own money guy in there. As a part of the trust it would have been a huge conflict of interest as well. I bet Littman is taking a nice little chunk of that $1.4B.

The other 2 will probably be here at least through the season. We will see after that.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you guys know where I stand.

I'd get rid of Brandon and as many of the FO personnel (Littman, Overdorf, etc) as possible after a short transition period o start clean and fresh with a new organization and a new way of doing things.

I would hire a President, Football Operations and let him decide on Whaley and Marrone after the season. I think GM/HC deserve a 3-year period for proper evaluation, however, if season plays out poorly, i.e. 7 wins or less, than I might clean house there as well.

To me, a new owner is an opportunity to really hit the reset button for this franchise. It's not personal, it really isn't, it's about establishing a new culture, a new way of doing things and creating a new more successful future.

+1

You never know. They have been around forever.

Well, I can't say with certainty who will remain. I was commenting that there is certainly no stipulation to keep anyone i.e. you don't fork over a billion with strings attached.

I think Brandon should stay, but with a different title. He's shouldn't be over the football guys, but anyone that can keep the seats filled as well as he has with a 14 year playoff drought will likely not get fired.

You may not agree with every move, but since Whaley has had the reigns (AFTER Nix officially retired), this team has continued to get better. Getting rid of a young, well respected guy who is doing a good job of getting talent on the team is a bad idea. Chances are, we won't get better.

Marrone is tougher for me. I don't really like him, but I also don't think he's had enough time to prove himself one way or the other. When all is said and done, I just don't think it will matter much. He hasn't been good enough to fear his release.

It definitely feels like the Bills have turned the corner and are heading in the best direction they've been in years, I would be surprised if the Pegulas pulled the plug and started another rebuild without seeing where this goes first.

Didn't Pagula keep many of the Sabres staff around for a while before making significant changes? I imaging with Brandon, Whaley and Marrone he will do the same. Littman and Overdorf on the other hand...

Yes. And the results were less than favorable. Many fans knew who should have been quickly released, but Pegs did virtually (literally?) nothing for far too long. And, it should be said, Terry was very much a 'hockey guy' from Pittsburgh.

Thing is, though, so many true followers of the Bills KNOW we have all around better talent right now than at any time this century. If he immediately employs Lesson's Learned and cleans house, well,

Nevermind..

Get rid of Ralph's money men

Keep Brandon only for PR and marketing

Keep Whaley and name him GM. give him more tools if needed for the scouting department.

Keep Marrone and see how he does the next couple of years.

And make a deal with a soda company so that the players don't have to pay for another godamn refresher in the locker room.

Should be an option for show me the baby. 9-7 or better this year and all three should stay IMO. Anything less, and I'd expect St. Doug to be street Doug. Russ probably stays (in Marketing only) and I think Doug Whaley probably has shown enough to stick around, but it will at least partially depend on how the season goes.