Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

I'd even put our WR's at even with Williams and Watkins and Woods. TE is a defect, Getting pressure on Cutler will be key in this game.

Our WR aren't even close to the Bears. Maybe in time they'll get better but the Bears have 2 stars , we have potential.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bear fan here. I'd like to respectfully address a few things I have seen stated in this thread, but also in other threads:

• I live a couple hours south of Chicago and listen to a fair amount of 670 am and 1000 am. I haven't been hearing the "easy win" comments. In fact, I haven't been hearing much, if any, week 1 game discussion at all yet.
  • Schwartz was 3-7 against the Bears as Lions HC. Many of you are selectively choosing to focus only on last year.
  • The Bears D is not nearly the same one that finished last season personnel-wise. Many of you seem to be banking on them making no improvements in their run defense, but at the same time assuming multiple facets of the Bills will be improved. Its a trap all fanbases fall into this time of year.
  • The Bears O-Line allowed the 4th fewest sacks in the NFL last year - clearly not terrible.
  • The biggest wildcard factor in the game is that it will be Week 1 and everyone is still sort of getting their feet under them. I would be less concerned about this game if it were Week 3 or later, but the fact that it is in Chicago (where they have dominated Week 1 games lately) makes me feel pretty good about their chances.
  • Buffalo's WRs are not "on par" with Chicago's. One hasn't even played a regular season NFL snap yet. I know you are excited about their potential, but c'mon.

Anyway, that's about it. No ill-will towards anyone that posts here, just thought I would provide an opposing viewpoint.

Edited by Footballs

Bear fan here. I'd like to respectfully address a few things I have seen stated in this thread, but also in other threads:

• I live a couple hours south of Chicago and listen to a fair amount of 670 am and 1000 am. I haven't been hearing the "easy win" comments. In fact, I haven't been hearing much, if any, week 1 game discussion at all yet.
  • Schwartz was 3-7 against the Bears as Lions HC. Many of you are selectively choosing to focus only on last year.
  • The Bears D is not nearly the same one that finished last season personnel-wise. Many of you seem to be banking on them making no improvements in their run defense, but at the same time assuming multiple facets of the Bills will be improved. Its a trap all fanbases fall into this time of year.
  • The Bears O-Line allowed the 4th fewest sacks in the NFL last year - clearly not terrible.
  • The biggest wildcard factor in the game is that it will be Week 1 and everyone is still sort of getting their feet under them. I would be less concerned about this game if it were Week 3 or later, but the fact that it is in Chicago (where they have dominated Week 1 games lately) makes me feel pretty good about their chances.
  • Buffalo's WRs are not "on par" with Chicago's. One hasn't even played a regular season NFL snap yet. I know you are excited about their potential, but c'mon.

Anyway, that's about it. No ill-will towards anyone that posts here, just thought I would provide an opposing viewpoint.

When our Defensive line rips Jay Cutler in half.....come back and talk we would love to hear from you

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/50435-Bills-at-Bears/page3

"Here's a thread for laughs: http://boards.buffalobills.com/showt...-Wins-Week-One"

You're going to get crushed and i'm going to visit your message board.

I'd be thinking easy win too if I were a Bears fan. It hurts but we gotta prove ourselves before anyone else takes us seriously

Actually if I were a bears fan I wouldn't ever think a win was coming easy ever.... Unless we're talking early 80's....

They have some beast WRs, however I think the bills are actually going to Kick some tail in the trenches.

Actually if I were a bears fan I wouldn't ever think a win was coming easy ever.... Unless we're talking early 80's....

They have some beast WRs, however I think the bills are actually going to Kick some tail in the trenches.

That is my hope as well :) Just don't understand the shock of the lack of respect

I don't think it's an easy win for Bears at all. They have the 30th ranked defenses according to PFF and I believe they were dead last against the run.

Last time I checked, we run the ball pretty well.

Yes, they have one of the best passing attacks but their offensive line has struggled. They should have their hands full with our defensive line

Thanks for dropping by...a few comments in response:

I'm not sure there's much to draw a corollary to in any way; Schwartz was HC in Detroit and he's DC here.

For me, the over-arching point is that neither D is anything to write home about based on last year, with the exception of Buffalo's pass-rush, which is pretty dominant.

In fairness, the NFC North is pretty devoid of solid pass rush in general. The best pass rushing team Chicago faced in 2013 was St. Louis, who scored 5 hits on Cutler.

I think it's more than waiting for teams to get their feet under them IMO...I look at it as a complete unknown regardless of what week they play at this point.

On this point, we can agree that Buffalo's WRs are unproven. I do think, however, that Buffalo has the type of combination of a deep roster of physical CBs and solid pass rush that Chicago didn't have to face last year.

IMO it'll be a good game.

We'll see though.

Welcome to this board. A few points:

- I too am not hearing a lot of predictions of a week 1 win (yet)

- Schwartz had a terrific front 4 at Detroit but the rest of the D was not much to write home about. He has a lot more overall talent to play with on the Bills. And as opposed to OL and WR, this is a proven bunch.

- You are also falling into the same trap as you accuse posters here of doing. You are thinking addition of Allen, Houston and Fuller will instantly make the Bears D better. Allen and Houston are both proven, and better than the subtraction of Peppers. But there are question marks pretty much on every other group on D

- Bears OLine is decent but injuries seem to be cropping up so we will see who takes the field in what physical shape

- Cutler, Marshall, Jeffery and Conte are very very good. But the Bills RBs, as a group are better. Remains to be seen how Mike WIliams plays as a Bill and if Watkins is as good as advertised. The Bears DBs may be weak though with Conte kinda hobbling and Fuller being a rookie

- Bears definitely have a strong home field advantage

It will be interesting. Hope its a good, well fought game and not a blow out either way

When our Defensive line rips Jay Cutler in half.....come back and talk we would love to hear from you

Oh come on, a Bears fan comes in here and makes some respectful points about fanbases and their optimism and we get all defensive. Let's not get carried away by our own team's promise just yet. I like our chances but could very well see their offense overwhelm us - especially with a new scheme and missing Bradham.

I'm shocked at the Chicago media's prediction because when I looked at the schedule I saw the Bears game as a win for the Bills! Their O-line isn't good and their defense was ranked 30th last year in yards allowed so its nothing to get excited about. The Bills will probaby rush for something like 200 yards on opening day while the defense pummels Cutler to an early season beat down. I figured 3-1 vs. the NFC North with the probable loss to the Packers where GB is the only team of the 4 to finish the season over .500..

The Bills are still irrelevant to the public eye. 14 years of bottomdwelling and mediocrity at best tends to cause this. I think Doug Whaley even made the point that the Bills need to become relevant again.

I have no idea what's going to happen between now and September 7th. If we're healthy going into that game, I think it will be a good opportunity to make the team relevant once more.

Anytime you find yourself questioning whether opposing teams fans/media/players hold bias against the Bills, please first ask yourself how long its been since the Bills have been relevant on the NFL landscape (hint: it has been 14 years of irrelevance). Then repeat to yourself the following "the Bills have been irrelevant for 14 seasons" as many times as necessary for you to make the proper decision to not create a thread about bias against the Bills.