Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Chicago too. I keep telling all the Bears fans that they didn't face a Defense as good as the Bills all of last year. I think they're in for a rude awakening. I'm a little worried about our OLB position, but as long as EJ can manufacture 20 points, we should win.

Have YOU RSVP'd for the Saturday night event??

The difference is that Bears are expected to be a playoff team and potentially challenge for the SB...where everyone mostly sees the Bills at best as a Cinderella wildcard team or worse.

I read in the Tribune that the Bears are thinking Superbowl. I about fell off my train seat laughing. Yea they may be improving and such but Superbowl ? They have been Rodgers' female canine for a while now and does anyone in their right mind think they can hold their own against the Seahawks ? 49ers ?

Allow me to laugh a merry laugh and be more than happy to eat crow if proven wrong.

I read in the Tribune that the Bears are thinking Superbowl. I about fell off my train seat laughing. Yea they may be improving and such but Superbowl ? They have been Rodgers' female canine for a while now and does anyone in their right mind think they can hold their own against the Seahawks ? 49ers ?

Allow me to laugh a merry laugh and be more than happy to eat crow if proven wrong.

Dameshek made the same prediction this year. He also predicted the Texans last year.

As I said elsewhere, our edges are going to be pressed hard in this game. McKelvin and Gilmore are going to have to absolutely ball in order for us to compete. Forte is going to try to get to the edge of our defense, and our corners are going to have to play well in run support - all while worrying about Marshall and Jeffries (who also happen to be two of the better run-blocking WRs in the game). Also sucks that Bradham won't be there. Bottom line, the Bills are going to have to contain the edges and put up points, because Chicago is going to score.

Their offense is good enough to outscore some weaker opponents in the reg season and have a decent record, but they need defense to win in the playoffs. I don't see any evidence they could win a SB with this defense.

Their offense is good enough to outscore some weaker opponents in the reg season and have a decent record, but they need defense to win in the playoffs. I don't see any evidence they could win a SB with this defense.

Any D that gives up 42 (Rams) and 54 (Eagles) isn't going to the SB.

Betting lines are not based on the facts; they are based on fan perceptions. If more people believe the Bears are the better team, then the odds will favor the Bears even though they may not be the better team. What were the odds on the Seahawks smashing Denver in the Super Bowl?

That's probably why I used the words "public" and "perception" in my post.

As long as EJ Manuel is considered a "work in progress" QB, the Bills will always be underdogs to teams that have well-established franchise QBs like the Bears have in Jay Cutler. I take no offense as long as the opinion isn't a prediction of the Bears blowing out the Bills.

I'm very glad that the first Bills game is a non-conference road game against an opponent who's favored to win. IMO, this is about as "no pressure" of a situation as it gets in the NFL and it's one that's ripe for an upset. I really hope that Manuel plays well in Chicago and we fans can finally start sensing a real turnaround of this franchise.

The Vegas lines are showing the Bills as a 6-6.5 point dog, so it isn't just Chicago. Even with the home field advantage that shows that the public thinks the Bears are about a field goal better than the Bills. That isn't huge and it is certainly defensible. That doesn't mean the Bills can't win. They can. The public just thinks the Bears just have a better chance. That's all.

I need to call my bookie, my wallet says we can beat 6.5 pts.

Have they improved upon that almost worst defense in the NFL from last year? If not, I wouldn't call any team an "easy win."

Folks around here see last year as an injury riddled abberition....and they may be right. Look at the Bears defense the previous 2 years. Add in a couple pass rushers and J Ratliff....they should be at least middle of the pack. They have one heck of an offense....

Have they improved upon that almost worst defense in the NFL from last year? If not, I wouldn't call any team an "easy win."

their D will have nothing on they cowboys this year.

and yes, they have improved. a totally revamped d-line (+allen, houston, etc), and they drafted one of the best, if not the best, corner in the draft: kyle fuller. not to mention that they have one of the most stacked offenses in the nfl.