Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

I think there is a big distinction between being considered the underdog(or weaker team) & that of being an easy beat. Likely wasn't media bias......just media ignorance.

I completely agree. IMO, this isn't college, and no NFL game is an "easy win" for any team.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears first string offense looked pretty good in the first preseason game and it does concern me. But that being said, I get a different feel from Marrone than from past coaches. I think whatever the ultimate outcome of the game, the Bills will be ready and will compete. I actually think Schwartz might be a better DC than Pettine.Despite what the Chicago media says, this will not be an easy W for the Bears

Edited by first_and_ten

I completely agree. IMO, this isn't college, and no NFL game is an "easy win" for any team.

so taking that into account, and knowing that radio types tend to sensationalize a little for attention ----- we as fans usually chalk games up as either wins, loss, or coin flip..... it strikes me that they are simply calling it a win. and that "easy" might be in comparison to a "tough win" not that they should be able to sleep through the game and bench cutler in the 3rd quarter with a big lead.

we have folks around here calling games like miami "easy wins" too. just the nature of the discussion.

Some people think it is bias against Buffalo. But anytime I talk to a football fan from outside of Buffalo, they almost always think that Buffalo is an easy win. It doesn't matter what team you ask. And why shouldn't they think that? This team has had a losing record for so long it is a laughing stock to many people. I don't say that to put down my team. I love the Bills. But its true. I think people look at the Bills the way I used to look at Cincinnati for so many years. They perennially sucked. Now we are that team. God I hope it changes this year.

In response to this opinion (which is popular) it is hard not to agree with most but not from Chicago Bears homers.

It just stings a little when you hear it first hand from the source. When you hear the guy on your station basically saying the Bills will be pushovers.

Kind of like overhearing your mother-in-law talking about you.

I am pretty sure they will get some big plays on offense but they have some pretty poor safety play on defense. They are old on defense and as long as we account for Briggs and Allen in pass protection we could hit on some deep throws, it could be a shoot-out. I think we win 31-28 in a very EARLY prediction.

Edited by SJDK

When our Defensive line rips Jay Cutler in half.....come back and talk we would love to hear from you

Definitely a factor in the Bills favor. If the first team can do to the Bears offense what they were able to do to Eli Manning's especially. You know Schwartz will unleash the horses!

The difference is that Bears are expected to be a playoff team and potentially challenge for the SB...where everyone mostly sees the Bills at best as a Cinderella wildcard team or worse.

Some do and quite honestly I don't get it.

Definitely a factor in the Bills favor. If the first team can do to the Bears offense what they were able to do to Eli Manning's especially. You know Schwartz will unleash the horses!

Some do and quite honestly I don't get it.

I can see why they are expected to be a playoff team due to their WRs and running back. Everything else says otherwise. JMO.

The Beats very well could pull off a win. Until the Bills prove they can win on the road I don't trust them in any game. But there won't be anything easy about it.

Unfortunately my memory says the Bears tend own the Bills when they play at Chicago.

Sure enough, the Bears have won all (5) games at Chicago since 1970.

This is the year to break that dumb trend!

Unfortunately my memory says the Bears tend own the Bills when they play at Chicago.

Sure enough, the Bears have won all (5) games at Chicago since 1970.

This is the year to break that dumb trend!

Sure, why not? The Bengals hadn't beaten the Bills in Bflo since 1985 before last year. Edited by YoloinOhio

The same can be said for the Cowboys every single year and look at how they finish? I see Trestman as a downgrade from Lovie Smith. If Lovie Smith was still coaching the Bears, then I would be worried about the game.

Steve, Tressman is an offensive upgrade and a defensive downgrade from Lovie. Overall, the Bears were a better team before Tressman though. This is his year to prove this wrong and I sure hope not.

We gonna find out how good Gilmore really is in the opener. He has to take his game to another level against those Bears WR's.

He got beat last week by a rookie who damn near fell on the route.

He better turn-up soon.

My take is that the defensive backfield will be much better this year- Gilmore without the club, a returned Leodis who was playing great before the injury, an improved Nikell Robey, Aaron Williams and D'Naorris Searcy as well as the acquired Corey Graham.

Could be the unit that really ups the game to the next level and just in time!

I don't get this resignation to defeat we have. Oh, they're 8-8. We should just forfeit. We have a good team, danmit. Our D is good. Our RBs are good. Our kicker is clutch. We have as much chance to win this game as any. Cutler is nothing special. He's won nothing. Why are we in awe of him? F them, F Schopp. We got this one.

I hope so. The only things that really scares me is the Bears home record vs. the Bills (5-0 since '70) and the trens of the NFC being the stronger conference again. Even with that I still like the Bills chances.

Chicago is a funny town. On one hand they have this big inferiority complex versus new York because of the "2nd city" label. (In my experience new yorkers don't even care or see any rivalry with chicago). Yet Chicago expresses this inferiority with a dismissive, arrogant attitude towards cities smaller than them.

Make no mistake, there is no inferiority complex in this area, with New York or any other city for that matter. Just ask our pres.

I meant Tull and Bills

OK, sure. Your AV looks a little like Ian. Get TAAB-II. Great album.

As a Rochester Transplant living in Chicago, I made a wager with my Senior Pastor (and Bears fan...and boss) about this game. I am an Associate Pastor at Harvest Bible Chapel Palos. And I believe in the Bills.

IF the Bears win, I must take to YouTube singing Bear Down Chicago Bears

IF (WHEN!) the Bills shock the world and take game 1, my pastor must take to YouTube and sing SHOUT.

What should I add to this wager?

Hey, we've been to the HBC in Hoffman Estates. Pastor McDonald is awesome!

Edited by jethro_tull

LOL! Everyone giving Cutler a tongue bath should read this. The same people saying the Bills have done nothing act like Cutler is a god.

We have to lose 10 games at some point. Why not to a high-powered offense with 2 top 15 WR's?

I don't think we'll lose, but to act like Cutler has no shot to light us up is asinine. And yeah, their defense sucked last year and of course, "we got so much better in the offseason" but so did every other team. They lost a HoFer in Urlacher and their defense sucked after? That's no surprise.

I don't get this resignation to defeat we have. Oh, they're 8-8. We should just forfeit. We have a good team, danmit. Our D is good. Our RBs are good. Our kicker is clutch. We have as much chance to win this game as any. Cutler is nothing special. He's won nothing. Why are we in awe of him? F them, F Schopp. We got this one.

Our secondary isn't that good, specifically Gilmore. Our front-seven is nice, but we're going against a top 10 back in Forte. Hopefully our rush defense has improved, but many fans see a 130 yard rush game on the horizon. Kudos to you for being optimistic, but let's not act like we don't have reasons to worry.

Edited by FireChan

Yeah, I agree their WR may give us fits if we can't pressure Cutler. Luckily, I think we will. And hopefully Duke decapitates Bennett so he's a non-factor, too.

If we can take Forte out of the game, making Jay toss it 35 times might be the key. All the Bills fans clamoring for the Pettine-style blitzes should hope for a more subdued approach. I don't want out LBs and safeties leaving Forte open in the flats too often.

Damned fine post right there !

Bonus points for visualizing Dukes attempt at decapitation. well done .

I expect a strong game from the Bills and Schwartz will be a huge asset in this

We have to lose 10 games at some point. Why not to a high-powered offense with 2 top 15 WR's?

I don't think we'll lose, but to act like Cutler has no shot to light us up is asinine. And yeah, their defense sucked last year and of course, "we got so much better in the offseason" but so did every other team. They lost a HoFer in Urlacher and their defense sucked after? That's no surprise.

Our secondary isn't that good, specifically Gilmore. Our front-seven is nice, but we're going against a top 10 back in Forte. Hopefully our rush defense has improved, but many fans see a 130 yard rush game on the horizon. Kudos to you for being optimistic, but let's not act like we don't have reasons to worry.

Our secondary is actually very good....were really gonna hold Gilmore having one arm last year against him? Past that McKelvin had a breakout year......Robey is Robey.......safety Williams is a stud.....we brought in the corner/safety from the Ravens....our secondary is LOADS better then what Schwartz is used to working with.

Everyone wants to talk about Forte.....nobody is mentioning our aquisition of the best run stop LB in the league in Brandon Spikes. I dont think we are gong to see teams dominating us in the ground game for the simple reason Schwartz defenses dont allow it

Our secondary is actually very good....were really gonna hold Gilmore having one arm last year against him? Past that McKelvin had a breakout year......Robey is Robey.......safety Williams is a stud.....we brought in the corner/safety from the Ravens....our secondary is LOADS better then what Schwartz is used to working with.

Everyone wants to talk about Forte.....nobody is mentioning our aquisition of the best run stop LB in the league in Brandon Spikes. I dont think we are gong to see teams dominating us in the ground game for the simple reason Schwartz defenses dont allow it

Neither do Rex Ryan's D's and we saw how that worked last year.

I am going to hold Gilmore's entire body of work against him. In fact, I believe he was a major reason for losing to Atlanta last year, he got burned over and over again to let them back in it. He still gets bad PI penalties regularly. I think he could be good, but he isn't there yet, and Marshall is one of the best. Robey, while I love the player, may be taken advantage of if he is covering Marshall or Jeffrey due to size alone.

Brand Spikes is a great run stopper, but I hope he doesn't find himself covering Bennet.

I'm not trying to say we'll lose or get blown out. But I think it's delusional to think there's no chance and "we got this." At least from a fan's perspective. I want the players to be confident.

Edited by FireChan

This is pretty much Mike Schopp's view on them. He loves Chicago this year and sees no way that the Bills can beat them. Mike Schopp...'nuff said.

There's no doubt that playing at home in this game gives the Bears a big advantage but for anyone to think that it's an "easy win" for Chicago or who says that they "see no way that the Bills can beat them" is just being asinine.

Isn't asinine Schopp's middle name?

Neither do Rex Ryan's D's and we saw how that worked last year.

I am going to hold Gilmore's entire body of work against him. In fact, I believe he was a major reason for losing to Atlanta last year, he got burned over and over again to let them back in it. He still gets bad PI penalties regularly. I think he could be good, but he isn't there yet, and Marshall is one of the best. Robey, while I love the player, may be taken advantage of if he is covering Marshall or Jeffrey due to size alone.

Brand Spikes is a great run stopper, but I hope he doesn't find himself covering Bennet.

I'm not trying to say we'll lose or get blown out. But I think it's delusional to think there's no chance and "we got this." At least from a fan's perspective. I want the players to be confident.

I seem to remember Gilmore giving up a few against Atlanta, but I thought most of the damage came when they moved White into the slot against Robey?

Okay, I just looked and he gave up 7 catches for 93 yards according to the Buffalo News' blog.

I seem to remember Gilmore giving up a few against Atlanta, but I thought most of the damage came when they moved White into the slot against Robey?

I can't rewatch the game, but I thought it was mostly Gilmore. The quick slant from left was an easy 12 yards seemingly every play.

I do remember Robey getting boxed out by Tony G in the end zone.

Okay, I just looked and he gave up 7 catches for 93 yards according to the Buffalo News' blog.

EDIT

Yep. That's what I thought. Roddy White is talented, no doubt, but I think Marshall is better. And that worries me.

Yep. That's what I thought. Roddy White is talented, no doubt, but I think Marshall is better. And that worries me.

Different kind of guy for sure. I've noticed that Gilmore seems to do better against the bigger guys though; like his work against Vincent Jackson last year was very good (again, Robey got beat up by him--that's to be expected if you let that matchup happen though).

And No team ever " chalks one up " its media just helping us get worked up. which is fine with me .

I hope we decapitate them . :devil:

In response to this opinion (which is popular) it is hard not to agree with most but not from Chicago Bears homers.

It just stings a little when you hear it first hand from the source. When you hear the guy on your station basically saying the Bills will be pushovers.

Kind of like overhearing your mother-in-law talking about you.

ouch . tough analogy

Different kind of guy for sure. I've noticed that Gilmore seems to do better against the bigger guys though; like his work against Vincent Jackson last year was very good (again, Robey got beat up by him--that's to be expected if you let that matchup happen though).

So speaking to the Bears game. Does Jim Schartz line the guys up to man or just split the field? over simplified i know ! But as far as slot matchups we now have some size to offer . Specifically Corey Graham and possibly the rookie Cockrell. Robey can play those shifty little f'rs that we come up against .

I would guess this defense has a broader range of skill sets and matchup capabilities then it has shown in many years. Plus depth .

Bandit you are right , The Bills could not get the matchup or make the adjustments .

I am unfortunately still waiting on Gilmore to be a complete corner . I have not seen it yet. Including pre season.