Chicago Media- Bills are an Easy Win

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this thread is about the Bears but Bortles took their D to the cleaners last night. He is looking like a # 3 overall pick. Jags still insisting he won't play this year but he looks ready to me.

He did look very good. Very accurate and poised.

Are people really complaining because Chicago media isn't drunk on Bills Kool-Aid?

This is the equation everyone outside of WNY sees regarding the Bills:

(6-10) + rookie WR - Pro Bowl S - Injured #1 LB = another year in the AFCE basement.

Let's hope it doesn't hold, but let's not whine about it until it's proven wrong.

When the Bills struggle in a preseason game it's "It's only preseason! It doesn't matter!" when the Bears struggle in preseason it's "HAHA THEY SUCK"

;)

When exactly have we struggled this pre-season? When Manuel had 3 batted passes this board went buck wild. Other than that our team has looked solid. The Bears D looks like a joke.

When the Bills struggle in a preseason game it's "It's only preseason! It doesn't matter!" when the Bears struggle in preseason it's "HAHA THEY SUCK"

;)

no, it's because the Bears allowed the most rushing yards per carry last yr in the reg season since 1961. And don't look better, yet.

When exactly have we struggled this pre-season? When Manuel had 3 batted passes this board went buck wild.

Historically. Some TBD users freak out one way or another, then a bigger set of users freak out that it's only preseason.

And really the ;) was to indicate I was being a bit tongue in cheek.

To me, its all "practice" and preseason doesn't necessarily mean much.

Edited by Dorkington

Are people really complaining because Chicago media isn't drunk on Bills Kool-Aid?

This is the equation everyone outside of WNY sees regarding the Bills:

(6-10) + rookie WR - Pro Bowl S - Injured #1 LB = another year in the AFCE basement.

Let's hope it doesn't hold, but let's not whine about it until it's proven wrong.

im not complaining... But for those who are I think it isn't because they aren't "drunk on Bills kool-aid." It's because the bears are an 8-8 team which has not been to the playoffs in a few yrs and has an injury prone QB who hasn't played a full season since 2009. And until they prove otherwise, a D that is among the worst in history let alone the current league. Calling any game an "easy" win, at this point, is really kool-aid drinking on their part and really doesn't have much at all do to with the Bills. IMO.

;)

Actually it's the other way around.

We can only hope that EJ against bears 1st team can be a "joke* and go 12 for 17, 130 yards, a TD and no turnovers thru a little more than a quarter's worth of action.

Go back and click that link if you can. All will be explained.

I watched the first half of that game last night and I think the Bears are the perfect first opponent for the Bills.

They seem to have a pretty good offense and a mediocre defense. The Bills offense should be able to put up some points on that defense. If they cannot, then that is a red flag. Similarly, the Bills defense should get a good test from the Bears offense. If they can stop or at least significantly slow down Cutler and company, that bodes well.

Yes it's only one game, and the first game of the season at that. But I see this game as a very good barometer for the rest of the season.

Chicago's pass defense was discussed this morning on NFL AM. The announcers feel even though it is preseason, there should be concerns about Chicago's pass defense as it was bad last season, and through two preseason games so far this year looks to be in worse shape. If Chicago's pass defense is as bad as it has been showing, then Manuel and the Bills offense could have a huge game in the season opener.

Also: the Trib story today basically stays everything, save Cutler's performance, raised questions about the first stringers, in all three phases.

If they can't make holes for Forte, Cutler will have to put together four REALLY good quarters against the D coordinator who swept him last year. This, of course, can happen, but the best encapsulation of Cutler's career I've ever heard is as follows:

If he doesn't lose it for you in the first 58 minutes, he'll win it for you in the final two.

If we can run, stop the run and force him to make mistakes early, hopefully we can put enough distance between us and them that the final two minutes don't give him the opportunity to do his thing.

The Bears are usually not that bad in pre-season. Either the coaches are not motivating or caring about P/S so much like Lovie did- or the Bears really do have concerns on defense. Probably a little of both because they obviously had issues last season. I do not see Trestman as a motivational coach.

-

The most promising news about the opener is the big step EJ took in the second practice with the Steelers. Developing chemistry with the receivers, being comfortable in the pocket, completing passes AND being resilient / learning and adapting on the fly. The previous practice against the steelers was horrible for the offense.