Round 2 : Sale of the team

To both you and Beerball I would ask, "Is it possible that this writer was motivated discreetly by a 3rd party?"

Think about that question for a moment.

An interesting thought, but I doubt it. Just someone with an axe to grind. Pegula is already highly respected as a professional sports owner -- do we really believe the Wilson Trust would allow a hatchet job from a rinky-dink newspaper to cloud their decision-making regarding the sale?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting thought, but I doubt it. Just someone with an axe to grind. Pegula is already highly respected as a professional sports owner -- do we really believe the Wilson Trust would allow a hatchet job from a rinky-dink newspaper to cloud their decision-making regarding the sale?

If the snooze or D&C ran similar (but professionally written) articles I might put my tinfoil hat on, but not the NF Reporter all by its lonesome.

Not at all. I concur.

But, it does lend itself to the larger issue of fracking over all, not just nationally, but internationally. With out this becoming a PPP as others have pointed out, I'll stay on course with the Bills situation and say that Mr. Pegula is transitioning from energy to entertainment and doing so with fortunate timing combined with the area he is investing in (i.e. WNY). His legacy won't be fracking on the broader scale of his business MO, it will most likely be business diversity in my opinion.

Now, if he does get the team, let's see if he can elevate that entertainment product to a status of elite. I like what he's done with the Sabres so far, if it didn't work one way, tear it down and rebuild it in to a potential championship team.

Yes, this takes time, but at least it's a plan that is implemented to do something to change the status quo of the situation.

I don't see the need to tear the Bills down due to prior managements missed opportunities, but I do see a select few pieces to complete the task being needed.

In any event, the article, as you pointed out, isn't a larger issue in the sale of the team.

Magic Johnson believes Los Angeles will get NFL team in next two years

Johnson, the former Lakers great point guard, thinks Los Angeles will finally get its NFL team very soon, though.

Johnson was at a joint practice between the Cowboys and Raiders, his two favorite teams. On the subject of a team moving to Los Angeles, which has been without a team since 1994, Johnson sounded very confident.

"I think for the first time, I truly believe we're going to get a team. Finally," Johnson said. "Everybody is on board. The city is on board. The business community is on board. The NFL is on board. Finally we have momentum. In the next couple years, at least in the next 24 months, I think one team will be coming. I don't know what team that will be, but I believe in the next two years we'll have a team."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/magic-johnson-believes-los-angeles-will-get-nfl-team-in-next-two-years-030735802.html

Johnson, the former Lakers great point guard, thinks Los Angeles will finally get its NFL team very soon, though.

Johnson was at a joint practice between the Cowboys and Raiders, his two favorite teams. On the subject of a team moving to Los Angeles, which has been without a team since 1994, Johnson sounded very confident.

"I think for the first time, I truly believe we're going to get a team. Finally," Johnson said. "Everybody is on board. The city is on board. The business community is on board. The NFL is on board. Finally we have momentum. In the next couple years, at least in the next 24 months, I think one team will be coming. I don't know what team that will be, but I believe in the next two years we'll have a team."

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/magic-johnson-believes-los-angeles-will-get-nfl-team-in-next-two-years-030735802.html

If he was at the Steelers-Bills practice I'd be worried.

https://sports.yahoo...-030735802.html

Probably the Raiders

Equating fracking and vending so he could tie Pegula and Jacobs together was a bit of a reach.

It turned on the phrase "damaging impacts to society." He probably could have shoehorned the Penn State Sandusky connection into that paragraph too. Maybe he's saving it for a follow-up article. Who knows. :D

I think the Magic Johnson comments should completely dispel the worry of a surprise bid on the Bills from an L.A group---if there was any anyway.

But bigger than that, I'd think if L.A. knows getting the Bills would be impossible same holds true for a Toronto group.

L.A. will get the Rams Chargers or Raiders.

https://sports.yahoo...-030735802.html

What a lot of people are over looking is that LA needs a new NFL stadium before any NFL team will even consider moving there. So far nobody wants to front the one to two billion dollar cost to build a new state of the art NFL stadium. Not the City, county, not the state. Nor the many groups that have proposed such plans to those venues. The 49er Levi's stadium in Santa Clara cost a little over 1.3 billion to build.

Recently the NFL has given great thought to building a new stadium in LA, and then leasing it to whichever team desires to move there.

This is entirely why the Raiders are in discussions with city officials in San Antonio, as Mark Davis doesn't want his team to play at the LA coliseum. He wants a new, smaller stadium to hold around 65k. Oakland doesn't want to build it, and neither does LA.

It would not surprise me at all if the NFL owners

Do not approve Pegula. Based on the environmental damage his company does to the earth with the Fracking. I think that this NF reporter is trying to stir that angle up

To see if it will stick. All it would take is some environmental groups or activists to start making

Noise about Pegula and his Company and what

He is doing to the enviorment. If these groups starting picketing NFL HQ and get on the news talk shows. It might be enough for the other owners to say hey we don't want this problem or need this headache. He might not get enough votes by the Nfl owners and fall a few votes short. I still say you guys Are missing what's going on here. There are forces at work behind the seens The NFL Wants a team in Toronto that's the bottom line.

How can you explain the Bon Jovi group still being in the game. They don't have the funds to compete with Pegula if Bon Jovi is the majority owner but yet there still in the game. They have nine lives. Look they will say anything about keeping the Bills in Buffalo. But when the current lease expires they will just say hey we tried to

Get a new stadium agreement with Erie county

And NY state and it just did not work out.

They will say a NFL team in a 40 year old stadium

Just does not work any more. The Bills will move

If this group gets to buy them.

So keep on thinking this is in the bag because it's

Not. I'm not so sure the Trust will in the end

Decide that Toronto is in the Bills home territory

And close enough for the fans to get to the games

Some how Pegula will get knocked out from not having enough votes from the NFL owners.

So they will go ahead and sell to the Toronto

Group. Mark my words this is going to get nasty

And it's not going to make sense but some how

It's going to happen. The Toronto group will

Get this team some how some way.

Do not approve Pegula. Based on the environmental damage his company does to the earth with the Fracking. I think that this NF reporter is trying to stir that angle up

To see if it will stick. All it would take is some environmental groups or activists to start making

He is doing to the enviorment. If these groups starting picketing NFL HQ and get on the news talk shows. It might be enough for the other owners to say hey we don't want this problem or need this headache. He might not get enough votes by the Nfl owners and fall a few votes short. I still say you guys Are missing what's going on here. There are forces at work behind the seens The NFL Wants a team in Toronto that's the bottom line.

How can you explain the Bon Jovi group still being in the game. They don't have the funds to compete with Pegula if Bon Jovi is the majority owner but yet there still in the game. They have nine lives. Look they will say anything about keeping the Bills in Buffalo. But when the current lease expires they will just say hey we tried to

Some how Pegula will get knocked out from not having enough votes from the NFL owners.

Pretty much everything you've posted on this subject, including the above, is incorrect.

Pegula would (and will) get approved unanimously. No question.

I do hope you will be happy about that.

Didn't see this posted yet, but this was in news today:

"DoubleLine Capital founder and CEO Jeffrey Gundlach may team up with Hall-of-Fame quarterback Jim Kelly to try and buy Kelly's former team, the Buffalo Bills, according to a Tuesday report from the New York Times. The Times' story cited reports from a local paper in Buffalo that said the two men had met with the trust that owns the Bills last week. Other possible bidders to buy the Bills could include Jon Bon Jovi and Donald Trump, the report said."

I still think Pegula gets it. But glad to see that Kelly is in play.

Edited by RyanC883

Not to sound mean but.....

You owe me 20 seconds of my life back for reading your post.

CBF