Round 2 : Sale of the team

Didn't see this posted yet, but this was in news today:

"DoubleLine Capital founder and CEO Jeffrey Gundlach may team up with Hall-of-Fame quarterback Jim Kelly to try and buy Kelly's former team, the Buffalo Bills, according to a Tuesday report from the New York Times. The Times' story cited reports from a local paper in Buffalo that said the two men had met with the trust that owns the Bills last week. Other possible bidders to buy the Bills could include Jon Bon Jovi and Donald Trump, the report said."

I still think Pegula gets it. But glad to see that Kelly is in play.

It was covered rather extensively in either this thread or the previous one, but Kelly/Gundlach are looking to be minority owners by teaming up with one of the big dogs.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be clear. My choice is Pegula I want him to own the team. I expect him to get it.

But 90 percent of you think it's in the bag.

Trust me it's not there are forces at work

Pushing to get the Toronto group to the finish line.

Nothing is certain and I don't trust anyone.

So keep drinking the everything is all right

Kool Aid. I really hope I don't have to say

I told you so at the end of this process.

all I'm saying is we need to stay on top of this

As a community and a city.

Let me be clear. My choice is Pegula I want him to own the team. I expect him to get it.

Until I hear different from Kirby I am not worried about the Bills and the Toronto group

CBF

1) No, there are no such forces at work "pushing to get the Toronto group to the finish line"

2) There's no "Kool Aid" to drink; just some folks that are close enough to the process to know

3) Whether the community/city/fandom stays on top of it or not is totally irrelevant to the sale process.

@ByTimGraham: Raiders shareholder David Abrams signed Bills nondisclosure agreement; Bon Jovi's plane was in Detroit http://t.co/ubanRZdpRl

Bon Jovi should probably start flying coach. He will need every penny he can scrounge up to ever become a majority NFL owner

Just FYI, you don't have to hit return after every so many words like on a typewriter. Complete sentences are preferred

The NFL/owners are fairly helpless right now.

If Pegula buys the team at a record or near record price and they vote against him, only to award the team to an out of town bidder, there will be huge public outrage and likely multiple lawsuits.

I'm not sure which is more convoluted: your logic or your posting style. Both seem to be detached from reality and display a serious lack of continuity.

If "bad poet meets conspiracy theorist" is the look you were going for, congrats. But I'd consider going in a different direction if you want the adults to take you seriously

Why do we as a community and city have to stay on top of this? The Trust is in control of the process and we as a community and a city sit by the sidelines and speculate. Your speculation is a bit further out there than most, but keep conjecting away.

BTW...why all the carriage returns? It makes reading your posts difficult.

Which is it?

This:

Mark my words this is going to get nasty

And it's not going to make sense but some how

It's going to happen. The Toronto group will

Get this team some how some way.

Or this:

I'd like to know what you really think given that you've flip-flopped opinions in less than 10 minutes time.

1) No, there are no such forces at work "pushing to get the Toronto group to the finish line"

2) There's no "Kool Aid" to drink; just some folks that are close enough to the process to know

3) Whether the community/city/fandom stays on top of it or not is totally irrelevant to the sale process.

I think there are those whom BJ has been hobnobbing with that would love to see him and the Toronto group get the Bills. The Jerry Jones of the world won't come right out and say it, but they hate having an NFL franchise in a city like Buffalo. They want to maximize profits. They think Toronto would do just that. Why do you think there is all this talk about Buffalo needing a new stadium to have an NFL team? The Ralph is easily good for another 10 years yet this talk of a new stadium being a must is just another ploy to deter Buffalo from keeping the team. Did anyone read the article in the News today? This is food for thought. Personally I don't trust RG either. He is a master of smooth talk and he will spin things to make it seem like he wanted to keep the team here, but there was nothing he could do. We are very lucky to have a guy like Terry Pegula on the scene. He gives us hope that the team will stay here. And if we are lucky enough to have him own the team, who is anyone in the NFL to tell him when and if he needs a new stadium?

I think there are those whom BJ has been hobnobbing with that would love to see him and the Toronto group get the Bills. The Jerry Jones of the world won't come right out and say it, but they hate having an NFL franchise in a city like Buffalo. They want to maximize profits. They think Toronto would do just that. Why do you think there is all this talk about Buffalo needing a new stadium to have an NFL team? The Ralph is easily good for another 10 years yet this talk of a new stadium being a must is just another ploy to deter Buffalo from keeping the team. Did anyone read the article in the News today? This is food for thought. Personally I don't trust RG either. He is a master of smooth talk and he will spin things to make it seem like he wanted to keep the team here, but there was nothing he could do. We are very lucky to have a guy like Terry Pegula on the scene. He gives us hope that the team will stay here. And if we are lucky enough to have him own the team, who is anyone in the NFL to tell him when and if he needs a new stadium?

Why do fans think Jerry Jones and Dan Snyder run the NFL? Its the complete opposite. Small markets have the power when it comes to voting. The Bills make more money on average then about 10-12 teams. Then there are teams in the Bills neighborhood revenue wise.

Jerry wants a lot of things ad he never gets it.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

It's not as pronounced as you think.

Jerry Jones would love to see the NFL in Toronto...and L.A., London, etc. The NFL owners, in general, do NOT want to see the Bills move. This market is profitable. There's a reason they pull more revenue than much larger markets like SF and Atlanta. The stadium talk is just honest assessment. Yes, the current venue would suffice for another 10 years, but the point is that a new stadium won't just appear 10 years from now; the time to plan that is today.

Goodell basically follows the lead of the owners--if they want the team here, so too does he.

Lastly, you can bet your bottom dollar that Pegula will be pushing for a new stadium--and he'll get it.

Magic Johnson believes Los Angeles will get NFL team in next two years

Johnson, the former Lakers great point guard, thinks Los Angeles will finally get its NFL team very soon, though.

Johnson was at a joint practice between the Cowboys and Raiders, his two favorite teams. On the subject of a team moving to Los Angeles, which has been without a team since 1994, Johnson sounded very confident.

"I think for the first time, I truly believe we're going to get a team. Finally," Johnson said. "Everybody is on board. The city is on board. The business community is on board. The NFL is on board. Finally we have momentum. In the next couple years, at least in the next 24 months, I think one team will be coming. I don't know what team that will be, but I believe in the next two years we'll have a team."

https://sports.yahoo...-030735802.html

Funny how he didn't mention if the Fans were on board. ... hasn't that been the reason for failure there?

It's not as pronounced as you think.

Jerry Jones would love to see the NFL in Toronto...and L.A., London, etc. The NFL owners, in general, do NOT want to see the Bills move. This market is profitable. There's a reason they pull more revenue than much larger markets like SF and Atlanta. The stadium talk is just honest assessment. Yes, the current venue would suffice for another 10 years, but the point is that a new stadium won't just appear 10 years from now; the time to plan that is today.

Goodell basically follows the lead of the owners--if they want the team here, so too does he.

Lastly, you can bet your bottom dollar that Pegula will be pushing for a new stadium--and he'll get it.

Just touching on what Bandit is saying a little the other owners don't have a say. They just vote to confirm the owner. What objections would they have to a guy whose actual net worth is rumored to make him the 2nd wealthiest NFL owner (his reported net worth has him at 5)? In addition, he is EXTREMELY liquid by billionaire standards. Pegula is EXACTLY what the other owners are looking for. He will take about 5 seconds to unanimously confirm.

Forces at work... sounds ominous. Might make a good movie.

As far as staying on top of this, what do you propose, specifically? How do we rise up against these dark forces?

Edited by Captain Caveman

Forces at work... sounds ominous. Might make a good movie.

As far as staying on top of this, what do you propose, specifically? How do we rise up against these dark forces?

Obviously we write convoluted

rantings. And always be sure to

hit the return mid

sentence to make it really hard

to read.

st

ay

in

:thumbsup: