Round 2 : Sale of the team

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the bon Jovi group has no shot then why do they keep getting propped up.

Why is it the PR machine of the NFl sends out press releases about the Bon Jovi

Group is back In the bidding. I hear radio up dates on NFL network on radio and TV

ESPN reports how there a finalist. CNN even scrolled on then bottom of there news

Shows that Bon Jovi group is meeting with the Bills trust today to buy the team.

I've seen all sorts of Bills fans at at the pro football hall of fame protesting

This group and at the Carolina Game also. His Music is not played any where

In western ny. But do you think the NFL might have something to do with the Carolina

Panthers playing his Music during the Bills pre-season game down there. You can keep

believing that this process is all on the up and up but I don't believe it for a 2nd. If there's

Away for the NFL to get a team in Toronto or LA they will do it. So keep thinking were

Ok and no one is working behind the scenes to steal are team.

Oh by the way I never changed my opinion. I support Pegula 1000 percent.

I want him to own this team. But there's a lot of things he can't control

And those are the things I'm concerned about. If the NFL will let the Colts

Move to Indy and the Browns out of Cleveland. Don't think for a 2nd they

Won't try and manipulate the process to the Toronto groups favor.

The NFL won't feel bad if the Bills Move to Toronto. They already feel Toronto

Is in the Buffalo Market. They will just say the fans can still seem there team play.

It's a short drive to Toronto. They won't look at it as a city losing a team because

The bills will be very close to home and kept in the same Market.

The NFL only cares about one thing and one thing only. The all mighty dollar.

To raise the sale price

I feel like some people are actually understanding less of the situation as it unfolds. How is that even possible?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

So if the bon Jovi group has no shot then why do they keep getting propped up.

Why is it the PR machine of the NFl sends out press releases about the Bon Jovi

Group is back In the bidding. I hear radio up dates on NFL network on radio and TV

ESPN reports how there a finalist. CNN even scrolled on then bottom of there news

Shows that Bon Jovi group is meeting with the Bills trust today to buy the team.

I've seen all sorts of Bills fans at at the pro football hall of fame protesting

This group and at the Carolina Game also. His Music is not played any where

In western ny. But do you think the NFL might have something to do with the Carolina

Panthers playing his Music during the Bills pre-season game down there. You can keep

believing that this process is all on the up and up but I don't believe it for a 2nd. If there's

Away for the NFL to get a team in Toronto or LA they will do it. So keep thinking were

Ok and no one is working behind the scenes to steal are team.

Is in the Buffalo Market. They will just say the fans can still seem there team play.

It's a short drive to Toronto. They won't look at it as a city losing a team because

The sale doesn't have anything to do with the NFL beyond approval of the eventual owner. Toronto may be a nice future sight for an NFL team, but, I seriously doubt it will be the Bills. JBJ keeps getting shot after shot because The Trust hasn't liked his prior presentations.

The sale doesn't have anything to do with the NFL beyond approval of the eventual owner. Toronto may be a nice future sight for an NFL team, but, I seriously doubt it will be the Bills. JBJ keeps getting shot after shot because The Trust hasn't liked his prior presentations.

Well if he sucks at presenting what his plans would be if he was the owner, imagine how terrible he would actually be as an owner.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else throw up a little when they see articles posting pics of possible owners of the Bills and see's JBJ's face

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

why are they fighting so hard against a new stadium now? could it be that the local guys (Pegula, Golisano, Gundlach/Kelly) have all expressed concern about having to put up over $1 BIL for the team PLUS the cost of a stadium by 2022? i don't think this is a fight we have to take up now right as the team is being sold. that would persuade the NFL to want to pick someone like the Toronto group who will move the team to a new stadium elsewhere

It's sort of similar to coming on here to tell everyone the team is leaving, then posting a month later that a downtown stadium is coming at the behest of a Pegula/Golisano partnership, and then coming on here to say that the Toronto group is a true threat to move the team ;)

There is a specific difference here. Some new and at the time, unknown information, came in to the fold.

why are they fighting so hard against a new stadium now? could it be that the local guys (Pegula, Golisano, Gundlach/Kelly) have all expressed concern about having to put up over $1 BIL for the team PLUS the cost of a stadium by 2022? i don't think this is a fight we have to take up now right as the team is being sold. that would persuade the NFL to want to pick someone like the Toronto group who will move the team to a new stadium elsewhere

Maybe Niagara County and the State would rather have that burden? ... hmmm :flirt:

Edited by A Dog Named Kelso

If "bad poet meets conspiracy theorist" is the look you were going for, congrats. But I'd consider going in a different direction if you want the adults to take you seriously

:lol: Good to have you back, Dean.

There is a specific difference here. Some new and at the time, unknown information, came in to the fold.

While I dispute that the information was either "new" or "unknown" at the time of your switcheroo, what I was really getting at with that statement was the fact that you erroneously compared the duality of the poster's two statements (which I documented) with an apparent duality in my statements (of which there was none); my intent was to do the same. My apologies if that wasn't clear.

To raise the sale price

I feel like some people are actually understanding less of the situation as it unfolds. How is that even possible?

Spend some time volunteering tutoring in schools and things like this will cease to amaze you. This coming from a guy who will never be mistaken for a rocket scientist.

No offense intended here; yes, you did...

It would not surprise me at all if the NFL owners

Do not approve Pegula. Based on the environmental damage his company does to the earth with the Fracking. I think that this NF reporter is trying to stir that angle up

To see if it will stick. All it would take is some environmental groups or activists to start making

Noise about Pegula and his Company and what

He is doing to the enviorment. If these groups starting picketing NFL HQ and get on the news talk shows. It might be enough for the other owners to say hey we don't want this problem or need this headache. He might not get enough votes by the Nfl owners and fall a few votes short. I still say you guys Are missing what's going on here. There are forces at work behind the seens The NFL Wants a team in Toronto that's the bottom line.

How can you explain the Bon Jovi group still being in the game. They don't have the funds to compete with Pegula if Bon Jovi is the majority owner but yet there still in the game. They have nine lives. Look they will say anything about keeping the Bills in Buffalo. But when the current lease expires they will just say hey we tried to

Get a new stadium agreement with Erie county

And NY state and it just did not work out.

They will say a NFL team in a 40 year old stadium

Just does not work any more. The Bills will move

If this group gets to buy them.

So keep on thinking this is in the bag because it's

Not. I'm not so sure the Trust will in the end

Decide that Toronto is in the Bills home territory

And close enough for the fans to get to the games

Some how Pegula will get knocked out from not having enough votes from the NFL owners.

So they will go ahead and sell to the Toronto

Group. Mark my words this is going to get nasty

And it's not going to make sense but some how

It's going to happen. The Toronto group will

Get this team some how some way.

In the bold text above, you are clearly stating that--mark your words--the Toronto group will get this team some how some way.

In the very next post, you then say:

Let me be clear. My choice is Pegula I want him to own the team. I expect him to get it.

But 90 percent of you think it's in the bag.

Trust me it's not there are forces at work

Pushing to get the Toronto group to the finish line.

Nothing is certain and I don't trust anyone.

So keep drinking the everything is all right

Kool Aid. I really hope I don't have to say

I told you so at the end of this process.

all I'm saying is we need to stay on top of this

As a community and a city.

Those are two diametrically-opposed statements. Either you changed your opinion, or you are two different people posting under one handle.

Or maybe you don't actually know what you believe.

In any event, it's awfully hard to know what you think is going to happen, outside of the idea that the NFL is conspiring against the Bills.

Maybe because you know that team team is staying long term with or without a guaranteed new stadium ;)

I really hope that is the case. I hope Polarcarz is in touch with what is happening with the buying process and he is making these comments because Pegula or one of the other local guys is questioning having to spend that much money right off the bat so Polancarz is sticking up for their right to not need a new stadium. On the other hand, if he's not in touch with what's going on with the process then a comment like that could dissuade someone like Pegula who is going to rely on at least a little bit of help from the county and state for a new stadium in the near future

I really hope that is the case. I hope Polarcarz is in touch with what is happening with the buying process and he is making these comments because Pegula or one of the other local guys is questioning having to spend that much money right off the bat so Polancarz is sticking up for their right to not need a new stadium. On the other hand, if he's not in touch with what's going on with the process then a comment like that could dissuade someone like Pegula who is going to rely on at least a little bit of help from the county and state for a new stadium in the near future

I actually thought that Polocarz was really plugged in until a couple of weeks ago when he was ranting and raving about the team possibly leaving. He either A: isn't really in the loop or B: was doing that to gain political favor -either is possible. This stuff about the stadium now is just him trying to get as much of it privately funded as possible. He's just negotiating through the media, nothing more.