Round 2 : Sale of the team

Toronto is in the Bills home territory

And close enough for the fans to get to the games

Some how Pegula will get knocked out from not having enough votes from the NFL owners.

So they will go ahead and sell to the Toronto

Group. Mark my words this is going to get nasty

And it's not going to make sense but some how

It's going to happen. The Toronto group will

Get this team some how some way.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Nobody from Buffalo will ever go to a Toronto Bills game. You think the other owners are darlings as to how they came into money?

You think the league would decide to allow a team to move to Toronto and then have to deal with whatever the Government would then unleash on the with anti trust laws etc.? This would be the only time in my life I think that Chuck Schumer would actually be doing good work. And to be clear for you that is the Federal government on the leagues back. Think they want that?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha ha ha ha

Nobody from Buffalo will ever go to a Toronto Bills game. You think the other owners are darlings as to how they came into money?

You think the league would decide to allow a team to move to Toronto and then have to deal with whatever the Government would then unleash on the with anti trust laws etc.? This would be the only time in my life I think that Chuck Schumer would actually be doing good work. And to be clear for you that is the Federal government on the leagues back. Think they want that?

Your formatting is almost there but you can do better. -2 points.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Nobody from Buffalo will ever go to a

Toronto Bills game.

You think the other owners are darlings as

to how they came into money?

You think the league would decide to allow a team to

move to Toronto and then have to deal with whatever

the Government would then unleash on the with anti trust laws etc.?

This would be the only time in my life

I think that Chuck Schumer would actually be doing good work.

And to be clear for you that is the Federal government

on the leagues back. Think they want that?

Phenomenal back-to-back posts.

I have seen some online forums begin to use "funny" and "smart" voting buttons as a way for readers to acknowledge good content. It's a little more entertaining than simple up and down votes.

This is a case where I wish we had a "funny" button to click.

You know what?

I hope Bon Jovi flew all the way to Detroit to do his little PowerPoint and when he got there he realized that he forgot his flash drive.

SCREW EM!

I was a bit miffed when I read this in an earlier post. I think it's great he flew all the way to Detroit. Wasn't it published that the meetings this week were in Manhattan?

1) No, there are no such forces at work "pushing to get the Toronto group to the finish line"

2) There's no "Kool Aid" to drink; just some folks that are close enough to the process to know

3) Whether the community/city/fandom stays on top of it or not is totally irrelevant to the sale process.

The poster is correct, there are certain owners who would like to see a team in Toronto. By the nature of their public comments, that could be considered a push, more to the point, it's an endorsement of support, specifically to Bon Jovi.

The fan base staying on top of the current sales process may not have any visible public effects on the Trust, but it certainly motivated one of the potential suitors to address the Bills fan base in an open letter. The Trust I'm sure are honorable people, but this just serves as a reminder that the public here in WNY is very aware of the situation. So to say it is irrelevant to the sales process, one potential suitor already disagrees with you and went public with an effort to address concerns.

Which is it?

This:

Or this:

I'd like to know what you really think given that you've flip-flopped opinions in less than 10 minutes time.

I don't recall which of you it was that made a comment to myself within the past 2 weeks, but, the comment was along the lines of "The Toronto Group are very real players in the game".

Both of you seem to be slanting a view that the Toronto Group isn't really being considered, so which is it? Are they or aren't they real players in the game?

I'll give you my take on it, they are. There wouldn't be the opportunity to resubmit the bid if they weren't, that of course, is just my opinion and in no way should reflect a view that I believe they will get the team, but they are in the process to be sure.

The poster is correct, there are certain owners who would like to see a team in Toronto. By the nature of their public comments, that could be considered a push, more to the point, it's an endorsement of support, specifically to Bon Jovi.

The fan base staying on top of the current sales process may not have any visible public effects on the Trust, but it certainly motivated one of the potential suitors to address the Bills fan base in an open letter. The Trust I'm sure are honorable people, but this just serves as a reminder that the public here in WNY is very aware of the situation. So to say it is irrelevant to the sales process, one potential suitor already disagrees with you and went public with an effort to address concerns.

Actually, as I stated in this thread, there are absolutely owners that want to see the NFL in Toronto...just not this team.

And yes, it is irrelevant to the process, as this team isn't going to be sold to anyone that's going to move them.

I don't recall which of you it was that made a comment to myself within the past 2 weeks, but, the comment was along the lines of "The Toronto Group are very real players in the game".

Both of you seem to be slanting a view that the Toronto Group isn't really being considered, so which is it? Are they or aren't they real players in the game?

I'll give you my take on it, they are. There wouldn't be the opportunity to resubmit the bid if they weren't, that of course, is just my opinion and in no way should reflect a view that I believe they will get the team, but they are in the process to be sure.

I've never once said they weren't being considered. What I said was that they won't be the winning bidders unless they can guarantee that they won't move the team--I've also been consistent with my opinion that they won't win regardless. There is no dichotomy there.

Conversely, opining in back-to-back posts that you believe (a) the team will be sold to the Toronto group, followed by (b) that you believe they'll be sold to Pegula (as the poster to whom I responded did), is quite dichotomous.

It's sort of similar to coming on here to tell everyone the team is leaving, then posting a month later that a downtown stadium is coming at the behest of a Pegula/Golisano partnership, and then coming on here to say that the Toronto group is a true threat to move the team ;)

Edited by thebandit27

So if the bon Jovi group has no shot then why do they keep getting propped up.

Why is it the PR machine of the NFl sends out press releases about the Bon Jovi

Group is back In the bidding. I hear radio up dates on NFL network on radio and TV

ESPN reports how there a finalist. CNN even scrolled on then bottom of there news

Shows that Bon Jovi group is meeting with the Bills trust today to buy the team.

I've seen all sorts of Bills fans at at the pro football hall of fame protesting

This group and at the Carolina Game also. His Music is not played any where

In western ny. But do you think the NFL might have something to do with the Carolina

Panthers playing his Music during the Bills pre-season game down there. You can keep

believing that this process is all on the up and up but I don't believe it for a 2nd. If there's

Away for the NFL to get a team in Toronto or LA they will do it. So keep thinking were

Ok and no one is working behind the scenes to steal are team.

Oh by the way I never changed my opinion. I support Pegula 1000 percent.

I want him to own this team. But there's a lot of things he can't control

And those are the things I'm concerned about. If the NFL will let the Colts

Move to Indy and the Browns out of Cleveland. Don't think for a 2nd they

Won't try and manipulate the process to the Toronto groups favor.

The NFL won't feel bad if the Bills Move to Toronto. They already feel Toronto

Is in the Buffalo Market. They will just say the fans can still seem there team play.

It's a short drive to Toronto. They won't look at it as a city losing a team because

The bills will be very close to home and kept in the same Market.

The NFL only cares about one thing and one thing only. The all mighty dollar.